Status: This might be the most disturbing book you read this year...

The Blurt of Richard Davies

When What Could Never Happen Here, happens here...

It took a civil war and the fracturing of the United Kingdom to force the issue, but finally someone did what needed to be done to sort out the mess we were in once and for all. With the incompetent politicians replaced by the Consensus government, the Federation as we are now called is being led into a green renaissance. We may not be wealthy, but we're getting by, and from here the only way is up....

While many people have been browbeaten into believing it, Richard Davies - an executive journalist recently promoted in one of the new media organisations - knows the propaganda to be an empty lie. Yet not even he can anticipate what is about to happen. With the Consensus' emergency rule mandate due to expire, the long awaited General Election should usher in a return to a limited form of the freedoms we once took for granted. James Purvis, the boss of Independent Media Services - the company Richard works for - is leading the newly-created National Renewal Party into the campaign: A fact which could see them both on the losing side after the votes are counted; and these days being on the wrong side of the Consensus is something you'd really want to avoid...

When Richard stumbles across a story which could make his career or lead to some very unpleasant consequences he faces a dilemma. As long pent-up social tensions erupt onto the streets of a nation so much like, but so different from our own, he finds his options for doing the right thing in a world gone wrong are narrowing, and time is running out.

The Blurt Of Richard Davies: Today's fiction is a warning of tomorrow's nightmare...