Brand New Eyes

Ignorance

As I drive towards Levi's a swarm of thoughts are going through my head, If I'm a bad person, you don't like me well I guess I'll make my own way it's a circle, a mean cycle, something I don't have time for.

It only takes about ten minutes to get to Levi, who is waiting in his car for me.

"You know we can take my car," I say smiling and reaching over the center to hug her tight.

"I like to drive, and I prefer when you don't," he grinned.

"Are you making fun of my driving?" I asked playfully.

"Not just yours, everyone but mine," He's a little cocky, but thats what makes him Levi. "So, what happened?" He was always concerned about my well being.

"We're not the same Levi, we're just not the same. Yeah we're the friends who stuck together and we practically wrote our names in blood but I guess he can't accept that the change is good," I had no problem being open with him as we sped down the back roads.

"Change?" He asked slightly confused.

"We were discussing names for our son, and I suggested Alexander Quinn and told him you liked it and he kinda lost it, I told him I wanted you to be at the hospital with me," I said shrugging.

"Well I am honored," His smile practically ear to ear.

"To bad Greyson thinks I want you there because I am secretly in love with you. He wasn't ready for this kid, and the change is turning him into an ass hole."

"Well sweetie, he has always been an ass hole."

"Yeah, I am beginning to see that more and more."

"When did you gain the ability to keep secrets from me?" He asked.

"Never?" It was a question, not a statement.

"Well I was not aware you weresecretly in love with me," Smiling again, I smacked his arm, "Oh shut up Levi."

"Well he treat me just like another stranger, I feel like I should be saying, well it's nice to meet you sir, I guess I'll go, I best be on my way out, It's stupid."

"Well, ignorance has always been his best friend Avery, ignorance and concidedness," Levi would know he has been listening to me bitch about Greyson since we found out we were pregnant.

"And honsestly Avery This is the best thing that could've happened any longer and you might not make it, this is your all time low, your inches from depression, and I donnot want to have to clean that up, He smiled playfully, but his statement was completly serious.

"He's not a judge but if he's gonna judge me he might as well sentence me to another life."

"Yeah one with rainbows and butterflies and unicorns, never ending happy shit," He laughs at himself as if he is a genius.

"You are not funny," Joking back was always a pick me up.

Chuckling back, "I'm freaking hilarious."

I roll my eyes at him like I always do, "I am not ready to go back," i say batting my eyes.

"Well no ones making ya Avery."

"But I have to go deal with this."

"You need to stick to your guns Avery, and call me when it is over, if something happens I'll be there in seconds to pick you up and beat the shit out of him."

"Thanks Levi," I say as I once again as we pull into my driveway and I wrap around him again.