Brand New Eyes

Turn It Off

"He should be perfectly healthy Ms. Taylor," The doctor smiled.

Greyson and I haven't fought in almost a month, he doesn't get pissed about Levi any more, I think everything has finally fell into place just the way it needed to, and just in time.

"I can finally start the count down, less than a mont Greyson, December 15th," I could feel my face turning red from the pure excitement, "I have to call Levi," I said casually not expecting it to be an issue.

"Why Avery, he is not the father of your child, why do you feel the need to involve him like he is, he has nothing to do with the kid, and I think it's time he has nothing to do with you either, take your choice Avery, him or me?"

"Greyson, their is no need for this I just wanted to let him know his god son is okay, why are you doing this?" I thought everything was going perfect, even better than perfect, what ever that is.

"Him or me Avery, I will walk now." He is serious about every word coming out of his mouth.

"Greyson, I can't choose, hes my best friend, your my fiance, you both mean so much to me, I don't see why this has to be this way," I can fee the tears building up.

"Then that's your choice Avery, I can't take it anymore, I wish to be there when our son is born, that is all I ask," and with that he was gone, like it never even happened.

My instant reaction was to call Levi, but I couldn't find the words to say, "Hello," He answered quickly.

"Avery? Are you there?" I couldn't hold the tears back any longer, I was bawling over the phone gasping for air to try to explain.

"Avery, where are you? Is the baby okay?"

"Come get me," This was all I could mutter out before the tears took over again.

"Where are you Avery, I need to know or I can't come get you."

"Doctors," Levi has brought me in before he knows where my doctors is.

"I'm on my way Avery, just hold on," He hung up in a rush to get to me as fast as possible.

It seems like it's getting harder to believe in anything.The tragedy, it seems unending. It was all wrong the way we were working towards a goal, that's non-existent, it's non-existent but we just keep believing, and now I'm here, drowning in my own tears, waiting for the nly one that ever care.

And the worst part is, before it gets any better I'm headed for a cliff and in the free fall I'm realizing I'm better off when I hit the bottom.

Eyes closed, I feel a hand wiping aware the tears on my cheeks, "Avery hun what happened?"

"I just want to not have emotions any more, I want to not hurt, I just want to turn it all off," The tears seem never ending.

"Where's Greyson?"

"I'm to contact him when I go into labor," I wiped some tears away on my own.

"Lets get you back in your pant and get out of here," He reached to the counter for my yoga pants and hannded them to me repectfully looking away in the process.

"I'm beginning to realize that without you Levi, I probably wouldn't be alive today, you have kept me sain through all the bullshit, and I don't know what I would have done without you," A realization hit me, maybe Greyson wasn't all wrong, there was a part of me emotionally attatched to Levi, but I would have never left Greyson, Levi and I were fine the way we were. In this realization I see Levi as something I have never seen him as before. It was like having a guardian, there to pick you up at any hour of the day or night, to hold you up until your legs stopped shaking.

"Avery, I will always be here for you, to talk to, to yell at, or to get advisee, and my advise to you is to come stay with me for a while, you can't be on your own with the baby so close," He smiled a sweet comforting smile.

"His name is Levi," I smiled back at him.