Brand New Eyes

Only Exception

I have been at Levis' for about a week, he collected most of my things out of the house for me and has decided that I shouldn't be working in my "Current Condition". My manager agreed.

He put me in the spare bedroom, but most nights we both pass out on his couch in the livingroom, waking up the next morning promising we won't do it again and laughing.

I have never been so understressed, I no longer feel like I'm walking on egg shells, Levi takes care of EVERYTHING including making sure I have everything for my son that I need.

"Levi?" I look up at him from his upper thigh which my head is laying on in the livingroom.

"Yes Avery?" I have never seen him glow with happiness the way he has been all week.

"This... Us... It's going somewhere isn't it?" I phrased it as a question, but I already knew the answer.

"I don't know Avery," He shiffted so I had to sit up, "Is it?" He wanted my answer it was precautionary, to avoid ruining our friendship.

"Do you want it to?" I ask doing eactly what he's doing.

"Only if you do," We are just going to continue to avoid giiving straight answers.

"Greyson wasn't all wrong Levi," It was as good an answer as I could manage to give.

"I know Avery, and I want nothing more than to see where we could go," He looked down, "Always have."

The idea scares me, maybe I know somewhere deep in my soul
That love never lasts. And we've got to find other ways to make it alone. Or keep a straight face. If at any point this was to end badly it wouldn't be just a break-up, but I would also lose the closest person to me, but it seems so perfeeect, like he could be the exception.

"Let's take it slow, we will see where it goes," I lift his chin and smile.

"Slow?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Well with Levi Quinn on his way I wouldn't want to rush you into anything Levi," It was more complicated than that Levi was not the father, and I don't know if he could take on the role, however a part of me wants to believe that Levi and I will be okay and he can be the childs father from birth on, along side Greyson I guess.

"Avery," He sighed, "I will always be here for that kid like a father figure, he is my god son and whether we are together or not, he is a piece of my heart, because he is a piece of you," He smiled shyly.

"Well I'm sure he will appreciate that as much as I do. He's still got a little while though," I smiled back.

There was no doubt in my mind that Levi would always be behind me and my son, but could he father the child with the child being from someone he can't stand. I didn't want Levi to grow up hating Greyson, and I don't want Greyson putting shit in his head about Levi. Eventually I would have to come to a conclusion, but I was content with the progress made, Levi was there for me in the way I guess I always wanted it to be.