Brand New Eyes

Looking Up

"So how did that go?" I am not even in the car before he is asking.

"Well minus the yelling and the screaming, things are looking up, oh finally," I smile.

"What is the verdict Avery, what about our son?" The words struck my stomach hard with butterflies.

"Greyson gets every weekend and one day during the week while he is an infant. Once he is old enough to make his own decisions he decides when he wants to visit, all under my..." I look up into his eyes, "Our control," I can feel the glimpse of hope he must see in my eyes.

"Honestly, can you believe we crossed the world while it's asleep?
I'll never trade it in, 'Cause I've always wanted this and it's not a dream anymore, no, it's not a dream anymore you're worth fighting for," He said the words as if they were lyrics to the perfect song. As if it is our reason to live. Each other, and our son, and to think I Could have given up so easily, I was a few cheap shots away from the end of me, "We always pull through," I add.

"And we always will," He leans towards me and I can feel my stomach in knots, finally after all these years, out lips touch, softly, like it was, is meant to be so.

I thought I'd never see the day when he'd smile at me this way, but We're just getting started. Yeah, we're just getting started.