Status: Probably Slow Updates

A Brontide Lullaby

Preparations

"It's the first pep rally of the year meaning our performance has to make jaws drop, it's our job to get everyone pumped for the year to come-- though it'll probably be as torturous as the past ones." Allison chewed on the end of her pencil staring down at the routine she had put together with Sun.

The school was having it's first pep rally a week from today and the event turned out to be a lot more stressful than expected. She had a new found respect for past captains seeing as they had to go through this process every time there was a pep rally, coming up with flawless routines wasn't as easy as she had hoped. Not too mention Kaiden was currently hanging all over her begging for attention.

Allison was still searching for a way to keep her parents from traveling all the way to Australia but as their arrival date came closer she became more desperate for a solution. She stubbornly apologized to the pompous football player in hopes he would keep his mother from calling a meeting with her parents, so far her apology had been in vain.

"Trust me, Ally Cat, seeing you girls out there in those skirts is all people need to get excited." Kaiden added with a suggestive wink.

Image

Alison nearly spit in his face and told him to fuck off but she swallowed her pride and giggled in response pulling an eye roll from Sun.

"Anyways, we shourd put at reast one new member out on the court with us. I recommend the Amber, she has enough skill to cheering with us." Sun ignored the boy ogling at her friends chest and focused on getting Allison to reason with her.

"I see your point, and Amber does have a lot more experience than the majority of the other girls so I think it would be fine to have her out there with us. This can be her chance to prove she's moved up from cartwheels in the backyard to flips ten feet in the air." Sun smiled victoriously and penciled Amber into their crude drawing of the teams starting positions.

"Eberyone erse are to be chanting on the siderines?"

"Correct." Sun added a couple more figures to the bottom of the paper till she was satisfied, "That should be good for today, we can finish up tomorrow."

Sun nodded complacently and neatly tucked the paper away in her bag, groaning when the shrill bell rang through out the library. Her sound of disapproval was followed by the smack of Allison's forehead hitting the table in front of her. She would have never guessed she would loath P.E. so much, seeing as it was one of the easiest classes at the school there wasn't much you could hate about it.

"What are you whining about? Atleast we don't have to go to Asian math." Kaiden pulled on his backpack and laughed in response to the glare Sun shot him. "Besides, Roseman isn't that bad.

"That's because he doesn't have a problem with you, I'm not exactly his favorite student. The Hulk might have always been hyped up on roids but he didn't have it out for me like the queen of England does."

"I do not rike this stupid boy," Sun snarled at Kaiden before turning her soft eyes to Allison, "but I do agree I do not think the Coach Roseman is bad." Sun shrugged apologetically when she was given a look of betrayal.

Allison picked up her bag with a disgruntled huff and took Kaiden's hand which surprised him but compelled him to go further. Taking his hand from hers he snaked his arm around her waist and pulled her tightly to him. She had given him a foot and he tried to take a mile, she still wanted to vomit at the sight of him but kissing up to him was part of her plan so she tried not to grimace at the close proximity.

"Let's just go."

They all exited the library and into the crowded hallways. Sun was eager to go her separate way and Allison couldn't blame her, she wanted to ditch Kaiden too. The only upside to walking the halls with him were boys were less likely to look at her like a piece of meat or lick their chops when she walked by. But that still wasn't worth be labeled at Kaiden's Slut in her mind.

When the locker rooms came into sight she sped up and smiled back at Kaiden before disappearing inside, how long would she have to keep up this little façade? How long could she?

When she entered the locker room the volume level got significantly lower and multiple pairs of eyes turned to her with a mixture of fear and disgust. Where as this would usually boost her ego she wasn't in the mood to have the spotlight on her for once. She rolled her blue eyes and continued down the row to her locker and everyone took this as a instruction to carry on with what they had been doing.

Victoria stood patiently next to Allison's locker already dressed in her gym clothes.

Two water bottles sat on the bench and Victoria finished putting up her hair while she waited for Allison to finish dressing herself. Though Allison wasn't being nice her lack of judgmental looks and snarky eye rolls made Victoria uneasy. It was a clear sign something was wrong and Victoria could only guess she would have to take it out on someone eventually, she just hoped it wasn't her.

"You don't have to follow me around like a lost puppy today." Victoria 's nerves settled a bit as the cheerleader broke the silence between them. "I'll be around Kaiden and his dick mates for the majority of the class."

Image

An inkling of a smile crossed Victoria's face at the put down and her amusement only caused Allison to roll her eyes, grab her water, and leave the locker rooms.

Sluggishly walking to the field Allison drew circles in the sweat coating her water bottle; maybe she would just skip this class tomorrow, it's not like she wasn't fit? Her grip tightened when Kaiden saw her step onto the field and motioned her over to his posse.

A tight grin was put into place and she directed herself over to him but was quickly stopped by Daryl who had stepping in her path, his hands wringing out his shirt nervously. Over his shoulder she could see Niklaus watching the two of them intently. The man with the tight blond curls caught her gaze and nodded his head in acknowledgment, reminding her to keep her side of the deal.

"Hey A-Allison I, uh-- I just have-- would you--"

"Daryl, spit out."

"Will you go ou-- hang out with me some time? That wasn't a fair race before, you would have won if you hadn't-- you were the winner, that's the point so I wanna share the prize with you." His face was a bright cherry red and he kept fidgeting with his glasses conveying his anxiety.

"Yeah, sure. Is Friday okay?"

Daryl gaped at her, his face going from a lovely of red to a ghostly white. That was the last thing he expected her to say.

"Yes, that's fine."

"See you then." She responded dully before side stepping him and continuing to make her way to Kaiden. Niklaus sidled up next to her before she had even taken five steps in the football players direction.

"You could have been a bit more nicer about it." He mumbled, he was just close enough that she could smell the peppermint he had before class on his breath.

Image

"It wouldn't have been believable, but I did as you asked so now you better carry out your side of the deal."

"I'm a man of my word, Ms. Lancaster." He sighed as he began to walk away.

"What happened to calling me Allison?" She smiled widely when he glanced back at her with a stoic look before continuing to walk away.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry I haven't updated in forever, and now that I am it's with a sucky chapter! This is mostly just a filler so it's super boring and shorter than the other chapters but hopefully I'll get the next chapter up much quicker-- it all depends on if I keep getting snow days. The next chapter will probably be when Allison goes out with Daryl and Niklaus so it should be more interesting.

Anyways, despite my long hiatus I still have a ton of subscribers and more recommendations than I could hope for, thank you so much guys and gals!! As always comment, subscribe, and recommend!

Image