Status: Updates coming soon 1/9/2015

Let's Do the Time Warp Again.

II

Stepping out if the TARDIS, I couldn't help but gasp a little. A part of me did not believe the Doctor. But he was not lying at all. He had been telling the truth about the TARDIS. I was so happy to belong somewhere finally. I knew this would flip my life around. Finding the Doctor was the best thing for me now.

"So where to, madame?" The Doctor asked in a fake French accent.

"I would have to say the Notre-Dame-De-Paris cathedral." I suggested.

I knew I might not be properly dressed for it, but it's what I wanted to do. The Doctor allowed me to lead the way, even though I had no clue where I was going. I was just happy to be in his company.

Soon I found my way to the gorgeous cathedral. We were both speechless by its vastness and beauty. I felt a sense of overwhelming emotions.

"I didn't think it was this beautiful in person..." I said finally.

"Isn't it? It's quite the cathedral. You picked a good time and place, my dear." The Doctor replied.

We made our way inside and there was already some kind of event happening. I wasn't religious myself, but I still wanted to be here. It made me think of my mum. She was really an amazing mother. I miss her terribly more and more each day. I tried to hide my tears, but the Doctor knew I was crying.

"What's wrong, Emily? Why are you crying?"

Wiping the tears from my cheeks, I just shook my head and sat down at one of the church pews. The Doctor sat next to me. He asked me what was wrong once again.

"I don't want to talk about it now. Let's go check out the rest of the city." I said, sniffling slightly.

Just then we hear the bells ringing loudly, and outside the crowd of people are chanting "Feast of Fools!".

We stepped outside and joined the crowd of shouting people. I tried asking a few people what was going on, but most people were busy making grimaces. I turned to the Doctor for help. He finally stopped a young man and asked him what was going on.

"You two don't know? Today is the Feast of Fools day. We are looking for the person who can make the ugliest face , so we can elect him as the Pope of Fools." And with that, he left.

"Was he speaking English?" I asked the Doctor. The Doctor nodded.

"How can that be? We are in France, aren't we?" I questioned.

"The TARDIS gets inside your head and it translates any language in the universe. He was speaking French but the TARDIS made you hear it in English." The Doctor explained.

So we watched the crowd for a bit until they found their Pope of Fools. I almost fainted when I heard the name the citizens were shouting. I couldn't believe Quasimodo was real. My mother nor Victor Hugo had made the story up. It had actually happened!

I smiled and the Doctor grabbed my hand. We walked closer to the small wooden estrade that served as a stage. A poet named Gringoire stood on it, reciting some of a play and explaining the festival.

Finally, Quasimodo, who wad so proud of himself, was crowned as Pope of Fools. He smiled his grotesque smile and the crowd cheered. I was a bit repulsed to know they were getting kicks out of his deformities.

Quasimodo had his eyes on a young gypsy girl, who I guess had the name Esmeralda. Turns out I was right.

The young woman began entertaining the crowd with a simple beat on her tambourine and the swing of her tiny hips. Her goat by her side, she had all the men's attention, not only Quasimodo's. I decided to join her dance, while I began humming a soft tune.

The Doctor looked shocked, but he was happy for me. The smile on his face said it all. Gringoire was interested in both the young gypsy and I. He asked us our names after we were done the dance.

"I am Esmeralda. I have not met her yet, but I enjoyed her company. " The young gypsy told the poet.

"My name is Emily and this is the Doctor." I said as the Doctor wrapped an arm around my waist. I felt myself blush by this action.

"Would you all like to come back to my house in La Cour Des Miracles for a cup of tea?" Esmeralda asked. She seemed distracted by a soldier on a horse. He had golden blond hair and honey amber eyes. He had an important aura to him that made me wonder if he were more than just a simple soldier...

We all decided to go with Esmeralda to her house. Little did the Doctor and I know, we would soon encounter trouble because of Esmeralda and her secret love.