Perfected Flaws

Big shot

The day was halfway through when Josh had suggested a break. Kat looked at him with teary and appreciative eyes. She was just about to collapse from exhaustion from playing and jumping around for six to seven hours straight. She walked to the couch conviniently positioned on the left hand wall of Haley's garage and sprawled out across it. Josh handed her a beer and sat down on her back, earning a groan from her.

"Awwh come on you fat cow get off." Kat mumbled, trying miserably to push him off. Her small frame and hieght barley affected his taller and muscular build. He laughed and started lightly bouncing up and down in spite of her fake cries.

"Cheer up buttercup. We've only got three more days of Haley's torture before Billie and Steph cause a mutiny." He grinned sheepishly and glanced over at Billie and Steph glaring at Haley with murderous eyes. Kat giggled and rolled over so he fell inbetween her and the couch and sat up. "Oh no you don't." He laughed and pulled her back down.

"Come on Josh! I'm exhausted!" Kat moaned, leaning against his chest. The last thing she wanted to feel was his sweaty and sticky shirt. She looked up into his green eyes and couldn't help but laugh at his retarded facial expression. She pushed him away jokingly and reached over for her beer. He grabbed it first and stood up, holding it above his head.

"Come on Kitty Kat, jump for it." He jeered. Kat glared at him with a malicious expression.

"Joshua Ray Collins, if you don't give me that beer by the count of three you can say goodbye to your manhood." She snapped.

"Aww you're no fun anymore." He sighed, defeated and sat down on the couch again. She sighed and walked over to Billie and Steph, leaving Josh too brood in the corner. She hid her smile and stood behind them, eavesdropping onto their conversation.

"I sat we throw her into the pool with a plugged in amp." Stephanie giggled darkly.

"No, we should lock her in your pitch black basement, then let her out two days later with your house looking like it was broken into and have me you Kat and Josh lying on the floor pretending we're dead." He laughed deviously.

"Now I hope you guys arn't planning Haley's demise." Kat shouted, suddenly, making them both jump and turn around with guilty and horrified expressions. "Because if you are, you're doing it all wrong." She chuckled. "The real way to torture her is to..." She was cut off by their desperate and inconspicuous actions. "What? You guys are acting as if Haley was right behind me." She laughed sarcastically. They just stared at her with wide eyes as Kat heard someone clear their throat behind her. She slowly turned around, dreading what she might see. Haley stood there, arms crossed, foot tapping on the rug covered floor and glared at her. Kat, horrified, was frozen for a moment, her mind a blank before she tried a failed attempt at laughing. "Hey...er...Haley...We were just talking about the best way to..um...get revenge on Billie's mom." She looked at Billie with a helpless expression. He just stared at her, oblivious to her intention. He shook his head a bit as he realized what she was trying to do.

"OH! Um...yea...She took my computer away and Kat here was helping me think of ways to get back..at...her...." He mumbled.

"Uh-huh." Haley agreed, her voice thick with sarcasm. "Get back into position." She said thickly, turning around to retrieve her bass. They all let out a soft breath of relief and got their insruments, getting ready to practice some more. "Allright. Listen guys. We've got two more days before our biggest gig ever. I know you're all upset at how hard i'm making us work and unfair i'm being. Get over it. We will not ruin our big chance." She said, authority taking over her tone now. Kat turned back to the mic, once again invisioning her dream. "Our big chance." She repeated, hope filling up her heart. She looked ahead and played her riff as if she was on stage again. My big chance...