Perfected Flaws

Fairytale

I set down the pencil and snickered. If only I could be like Kat in the story. If only things were that easy. I crumpled up the worn down paper and threw it to the wastebasket, conveniently missing. I sighed and stood up as my converse squeaked on the wooden floors. Oh that's right. I still had to work up the nerve to ask my mom to get carpets for my floor. What a wonderful conversation that was going to be. Bending over to pick the paper up and throw it into the basket this time, I noticed a slip of paper under the dresser. I wonder aloud what it was and how it got there as I sauntered over to pick it up. The edges looked like they had been burnt and the paper itself was crumpled and caked with layers of dust. I carefully opened up it up and saw old stlye scrpit scrawled across it. As I walked over to the desk and turned the lamp on I could just barely make out the words.

"Dear Katherine Anne Rose,

We have waited many years for the chance to finally meet you. Our kind is more than excited to hear the news you bear. We only hope you get this before they do and we hope to see you soon. We shall see you under the Great Oak in Tigerstone Forest on the eighth of June at six sharp. Please come alone.

P.s. Keep up the stories. You never know how close the impossible could be. J.L.R."

"J-L-R? Our kind? Is this some sort of joke?" I looked over the paper again and again trying to understand what it was supposed to mean. Who was J.L.R.? How did he know my name and that I wrote stories? What did he mean by our kind? I paced back and forth in my room; my mind still a solid blank as my mother came in screaming. She always did this, and by the fifth year, the jumping from the sound of the door slamming against the wall went away. I lifted my head up lazily to look at her with a bored expression as her montauge of swears and useless words came flying at me.

"..And I told you to clean up this filth! I know I raised you better than this Katherine Rose! No child of mine is going to live this way!" She picked up my school book off the floor and chucked it at my head. Knowing this was going to happen, I ducked out of the way at stared at her with sick humor.

"Mom!" I yelled, hating the way the word affected my mouth. It felt like I had just bitten into a cactus. "The book was sleeping! Why can't you just leave it be?!" I snickered, picking it up and stroking it as if it was my baby. I laughed as she just glared at me, her face purple from anger, slammed the door shut and stomped off down the hall. If there was one thing I was good at, it was hitting her pressure points. By now, I had gotten so used to the way she treated me I felt almost numb. Ever since my father left she got drunk every nightt and beat the hell out of me when I was younger. She would come home drunk, give my brother nothing but hugs and kisses then come onto my room and throw somthing at me because I hadn't turned the kitchen light off. I laughed humorlessly at the memory and put my book on the shelf, sitting back down next to my desk. While wondering how long I was going to have to put up with this for somthing dawned on me. I ran to the calander and checked the date.

"June eighth!" I screamed. Color drained from my face as I realized that the date matched up to the one in the note. I looked back at the worthless peice of paper from the corner of my eye and shook my head. "NO...nononono, there's NO way!" With a shaking hand I grabbed it off the desk, staring blankly at the date. I grabbed my keys and was already in my run down peice of shit car as I was hit with realization again. Laughing almost hysterically I slapped myself. "Wow Kat, you need to get yourself together. Who knows how long ago this was written?" I chuckled to myself and looked out the front window. Could I honestly have been so wrapped up in fairytales I thought there could've been an adventure waiting for me. Even if whoever wrote the note was real what was I expecting? Ghosts trying to get me to solve a crime? A wolf waiting to steal my goodie bag? I started laughing to myself again as a pair of two dimond shaped lights shone in the darkness ahead.

I shook my head, still staring almost hypnotized into a pair of yellow eyes, and repeated the last line from the note. You never know how close the impossible could be...
♠ ♠ ♠
Major twist.