Forever And Never

32

"Uggh!" I groaned, leaning back on the stool and temporarily forgetting that it didn't have a back rest, and ultimately almost falling back.
Three days of this crap. Three days.

The second day had been tougher then the first, considering that I then hadn't fed in three days. It was a struggle to keep from jumping up and grabbing at the wine glass and drinking the blood, but somehow I'd managed to contain myself.
"It's like exercise," Ramsey had said at one point probably about halfway through the twelve hours. "You want to give up and just give into the pain, but you know you won't get anywhere if you stop."
I listened to what he said and thought about all the times at the gym when I'd given into the pain and quit exercising earlier then I wanted to. I always ended up feeling bad afterwords.
But I wouldn't this time... I couldn't afford to give in this time around.
To make matters worse, during the second day, probably eight hours in Ramsey decided it would be fun to put a fan behind the glass of blood and point it directly at me.
Ha ha, Ramsey. Ha ha.

Day three started out okay, even with the fan and the four day hunger and temptation. But as the day drug on, I let my guard down and had to stop myself several times from getting up and going over the drink the blood. I knew Ramsey would stop me if I tried anything, but I didn't want to make myself seem weak. I wasn't weak.
"Rameyy!" I groaned as I sat on the stool officially bored out of my mind. I'd run out of things to think about, I'd stopped writing my story in my head when it came time to introduce August. I'd counted every dot on the ceiling. [13,782.] I'd listened in to conversations all around the apartment complex, or as far as I could hear since my strength was weakening due to lack of blood. I'd hear break ups, make ups and people making babies, if you know what I mean. I listened to peoples TVs, listened to whole episodes of some shows that I could identify and some that I couldn't. I'd done it all, or at least all that was possible while sitting on a stool.
"Hm?" was all he said, since he was still buried in file folders filled with paper work. I hadn't cared enough to ask what was so great about the papers, but I figured he wouldn't tell me even if I did ask.
"I'm so bored. Can we please be done? I'm pretty sure it's dark out there." I whined, then turned around to look at the balcony sliding doors which were covered with blinds, but still let some light in. There was no light at all now, so it had to be close to time to stop.
He looked at his watch then said, "Yea it's about that time. You can stop now."
"Good." I said suddenly in a bad moon, and got up from the stool and plopped down on the couch. I was done with the lesson. But I was still fighting with myself not to run over and steal the glass of blood.
I sighed and turned on the TV, hoping it would be a distraction.
"Oh look. It's the New Years celebration..." I said after flipping through the channels for a few seconds. I looked over to Ramsey to see his nose still buried in papers.
"Ramsey!" I yelled, causing him to jump a little and give me a funny look.
"Come over here and watch TV with me. Now." I said firmly, pointing to the space on the couch next to me on my right side.
"Nicolette, I really have to-"
"Now!"
He sighed and put down his pen and stood up and slowly walked towards me. He sat down on the spot on the couch that I'd pointed to and put an arm over my shoulders. "There. Happy?" He said with a slightly annoyed look.
"Mhmm." I said smiling and snuggled closer to him.
We watched the New Year's celebration, as the bands preformed and the announcers talked and reminisced about the memories of this year as they waited for the ball to drop so they could start the count down to a new year. I wished I really was in New York, celebrating with friends and bringing in the New Year. I'll bet that's what Hayden thought I was doing now.
"I'm sorry." Ramsey said, pulling me from my thoughts. I gave him a weird look and he said, "I'm sorry that I've been so buried in my work lately. There was an incident and I was assigned co-chief investigator to help figure out the case."
"What happened?" I asked, almost more confused then before.
He sighed, not wanting to tell me anymore about it considering that it was probably confidential information. But, honestly, who would I tell? "There was a body found, and the autopsy shows that the victim bled to death, but there was only about four pints of blood in and around the victim. The other four pints are missing, and we think its links to a vampire. So, Me and another vampire were assigned to investigate. Well he was anyways. He looks for the information, I record what he finds. That's why I've been so buried in paperwork recently."
"I thought the co-investigator was so post to be like the side kick, and some other guy wrote everything down?" I scrunched up my nose at our system, which was so clearly different from the humans.
"Well, that's not how it works at Branch wood. I'm kind of annoyed actually that they assigned me to this. They know that I'm training you and that I can't always be there, and they still put my name on the list."
We stayed up and watched the count down and the moment everyone had been waiting for, till I fell asleep thinking of all the possibles this New Year could hold.
♠ ♠ ♠
Who's excited about the new President Elect? Yayy Obama! I was wanting him to win, but I was totally expecting him not to because who I want to win, usually ends up losing. lol :P