Forever And Never

36

"Tell me Ramsey... How's the wind? What does it feel like? I've forgotten... And the sun. Oh the sun. Tell me Ramsey, how does the sun feel?" I said as I lay on the couch being over dramatic.
Ramsey stared at me with a concerned look as he buttoned up his coat, then grabbed a black and white striped scarf and wrapped it around his neck quickly. "I'll bet it feels nice... like happiness..." I continued, making him grin at me.
He walked to the table and grabbed something I couldn't identify and put it in his pocket. He sighed and walked to the door and leaned on the door frame looking at me, as if waiting for me to stop acting like I was in a play or something.
"Where are you going anyways?" I asked sitting up on the couch and looking at him.
He sighed and said, "Taylor wants me to view the body with him, so I can have a better idea of what to put in the reports I guess." He looked frustrated at this, as he folded his arms and looked down at his shoes.
"What an ass."
"I know." Ramsey agreed, which surprised me a little. "I think he's purposely dragging me out into the snow and cold to torture me."
"Is he like your enemy or something?"
"Not that I know of... Maybe he's jealous of me because I don't have to do any of the dirty work, I just record everything."
"Kick his ass, Ramsey. Show him whose boss." I said, making punching notions in the air.
He grinned at me and said, "Well I better go. The dead don't like to wait." he said, and I wondered if he was talking about the body or Taylor.
He walked over to me and said, "I'll be back as soon as I can. Don't do anything crazy." He leaned down and kissed me on the forehead then left.

TV gets pretty boring when it's pretty much your main entertainment, so I looked around the apartment trying to figure out what to do. I went through the refrigerator and all the cabinets and reorganized them so there were nice and neat. I thought about attempting to organize Ramsey's files on the table but I knew I'd just mess everything up and he'd be pissed at me, so I decided against it.
I vacuumed the living room and the hallway, and swept and mopped the kitchen and bathroom. I cleaned the bathroom and organized the shampoos and all the other various hair and make up products.
I tried to clean my room as best as I could, but it was a wreck. Clothes were thrown everywhere most of which were Augusts that I was wearing, there was my door which Ramsey still hadn't fixed leaning against the wall where I put it the morning I accidentally ripped it off its hinges. The desk was piled high with crap that wasn't even mine. I had a few things, like the small things Ramsey had brought from my room, like my books and photos but the rest was His stuff.
His stuff mostly composed of school papers and folders which had been collecting since the beginning of school, a never ending supply of the bandannas that he always wore around his head, random objects like body spray and other boyish things, and the rest was just papers and other random crap all piled around an old dusty computer.
I sat down in the chair and looked at the computer. It reminded me of the ones at school, really old and ghetto looking with a really small screen and an ugly light grey color. I looked at it for a second, then the start button.
Ramsey would probably be mad... But Ramsey wasn't here right now.
I pressed my finger down on the big round button and waited patiently for it to light up.
And waited...
And waited...

"What the hell?" I said, releasing the button and banging lightly on the top of the computer. It sounded completely hollow. I scoffed and looked under the desk, searching for the cord. There wasn't one.
I stood up and looked over the computer to see if it was gathered up behind the computer. Quite the opposite actually. There were no wires there at all. I laughed a bit as I tapped some more on the computer. It was just for show. Whether it worked or not, I didn't know and without all the wires needed to make it work I don't think I ever will know.
I sighed and looked at the dusty keyboard. It was only here to make it look like one teenage boy lived here. Which I why Ramsey slept on the couch, because when August was living here, the apartment had to live up to his story.
I sighed and lay out on the bed, wanting to go home where everything was real.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry... but I only have like eight or nine chapters left that I've already written. And if I posted them all really fast then I'd be out and then another update wouldn't come for a long time, and I'd feel pressured, and it'd take all the fun out of writing. So thats why I've been cutting back...
I can't churn out chapters all the time like I'd like. Its sometimes complicated to write this story especially at this part where a whole lost isn't planned out in great detail. But thanks for being patient. :)