Forever And Never

43

"Hellooo!" was what woke me up from a really great sleep, but it was soon forgotten. That wasn't Ramsey's voice. It was foreign to my ears and after listening for a few more seconds, I shot up from my bed and stumbled to get dressed so I could go and investigate. I pulled on a pair of August's grey jeans, a black top and my yellow jacket. I put on make up quickly and fixed my hair in record time, then speed walked to the living room.
I stood at the end of the hallway, out of sight, and watched as a girl in teal a colored coat with black buttons on it, and fitted black jeans stood in the living room next to a suit case. She was little with a super small frame and a tiny face, and I never would've recognized her if it wasn't for her bright pink head of hair.
"You can't stay here, Raven." Ramsey was saying from his seat at the table. I couldn't really see him without him seeing me, but it looked like he'd been working on paperwork and had his head in his hand with an annoyed look.
"Please. I stay here all the time! Don't you remember?" She said, her voice like a child's.
"Yea, but its different now. Really different." He said, and sat up in his chair a little bit.
"Yea I heard about the August thing from Maribelle, I already know he bit some girl." She said waving it away like it wasn't a big deal, like I wasn't a big deal.
Some girl? I was that some girl!
Ramsey sighed and said, "I know your there Nicolette." I froze, surprised at my name being said. Raven turned her head to look at me and gasped.
"You're that girl!" She said, pointing at me with one hand, the other over her heart. I stepped out from behind my shelter and smiled at them.
"Morning," Ramsey said, then stood and walked into the kitchen. I stood back against the wall, uncomfortable with having another vampire in the room. For months it had just been me and Ramsey, Now with Raven here... I felt out of place.
"You're that girl that was with August that one time! I... I didn't know it was you..." She said sadly, still stunned with seeing me.
I cringed at his name being said and rubbed the back of my neck, "Yea that's me. And you were the girl who kept staring at me." I said, sort of meaning it to be insulting. I was still semi mad at that 'just some girl' thing.
She laughed and said, "Yea, that was me. Sorry about that. That was when I was still in training and Maribelle would drop me off here when I wanted to go somewhere, and seeing August with a human. I was amazed at his self control."
"Yea… Self control..." I grumbled under my breath touching the place on my neck where he'd bitten me.
"But anyway, thanks to you I went to Branch wood to find Ramsey and got to be by myself outside for the first time." She smiled and I figured she'd just finished her training and was very happy to be free. I smiled back at her and decided to forgive her.
"Yes, and thanks to that little event I met you for the first time." Ramsey said to me with a smile as he came back from the kitchen and stood amongst us with his arms crossed. "Now that thats all cleared," He turned to Raven, "it's time for you to leave."
"No!" Raven whined, dragging out the O. She dropped her arms to her side, and stamped her foot. She reminded me of a child. She was awfully small, and I didn't know how old she was.
"No, Raven. This is a serious training environment, and I can't have you messing it all up." Ramsey argued.
"I'm not messing up the environment! If anything I'm helping! Nicolette can't sit here alone for how ever long you want to keep her here! she'll go mad!" Raven put her hands on her hips and glared at Ramsey as hard as she could. Much like my optical threats, Ramsey remained unintimidated.
"What makes you think you'll be helping? You came over here all the time when August was here and look what happened to him. How is that helping?" Ramsey retorted.
At nearly the same time, mine and Raven's mouths fell open, shocked that he would say that it was Ravens fault for what August did. It was totally incorrect, and we all knew it.
"You- That wasn't my fault and you know it! Maybe if you'd actually been here it could've been prevented!" Raven spat back, the anger clear in her voice. Ramsey opened his mouth to reply with another comment, but I spoke up before he had the chance.
"Stop!" I said awkwardly, and stepped away from the wall and into the conversation. They both looked at me surprised, as if they hadn't expected me to say anything at all. "I-I want her to stay." Ramsey sighed with a hand on his forehead, and Raven turned to me a little more with her hands on her hips and a smile on her face. From the look in her eyes I could tell that we would be friends, and she would be there for me when I needed her.
"Nicolette, I really don't think you understand the situation," Ramsey was saying, his hands now on his hips, and a pleading look on his face.
I interrupted him saying, "No, I want her to stay. Just for a little while. She can teach me more things while your at work or working on cases. I really think this is a good idea."
"Yea, while your at work." Raven said, a hint of anger in her voice that I couldn't understand.
Ramsey looked at us both, a sign of defeat on his face. "W... Where is she going to sleep?!" He blurted out, desperate to find a reason for Raven not to stay. I don't know if there was any tangent reason for him not wanting her here, but I honestly couldn't see any bad in having another person on my life.
"She can sleep in my bed, I don't care." I answered, willing to agree to pretty much anything at this point to get her to stay.
After a few heavy sighs and annoyed looks my way, Ramsey finally said, "Okay... She can stay," and Raven squealed loudly and wrapped her arms around me happily. I jumped a little, unfamiliar with another person touching me.
"But only for a few weeks!" Ramsey yelled over her, trying to overturn Raven's happiness, but I could see that it would be impossible to do such a thing.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm really sorry this is so late! I started a new job on Saturday and I was so busy with that and other plans I couldn't ever get to posting this chapter.
But, yea! I got a job helping out a photographer, so I'm printing pictures and talking to people and stuff like that for up to $70 a day. I got paid $100 for just this weekend!
But, story wise, I'm really excited about Raven coming into the story. I put a picture up of her on the main summary page, and she also has a profile on the characters page as well.

Oh, and I'm not quite finished with the next chapter yet, so It might not get posted to next Monday (the beginning of my Spring Break) when I'm not working or anything. <3