Forever And Never

45

I woke up more or less on the floor by my bed on top of several uncomfortable objects and with Ravens arm resting over my face. My blankets were a mess, and were mostly still on my bed around Raven, save the small portion that I'd managed to drag down with me.
Out of anger of having possibly the worst sleep of my life, I pulled on the blankets in attempt to earn my bed back, only to pull Raven with them to where she fell on top of me with an 'Oof.' I groaned an managed to get out from under her and the mass of blankets. I stood up next to the mattress and contemplated going back to sleep. Raven was on the floor now still asleep, I could have the bed to myself if I could get the blankets back.
But it was no use, I was awake.
I got dressed and fixed my hair and make up and went out to find Ramsey sitting at the table, reading the newspaper. He looked up at me and smiled as I sat down across from him.
"Sleep well?" He said, the sarcasm so clear in his voice.
I glared at him, but wasn't going to admit that I'd hardly slept, thanks to Raven hogging the bed all night. I wouldn't give him a reason to take away my new friend.
"Yea, slept great."
Ramsey grinned and looked back towards his paper. His hair was wet, a signal that he'd showered earlier, and he was wearing black fitted jeans, and a plain white T-shirt. I admired his beauty, his pale skin and sparking blue eyes. He looked back at me from his paper, his eyebrows pushed up, apparently expecting a bigger conversation.
I stumbled to say something, "Uh, Raven sure is a heavy sleeper."
He leaned back in his chair and replied: "Yea, most vampires her age are." I didn't think much of his comment then, and filed it under 'small talk' and moved on. We talked more about casual things, and I knew that it was different now; it wasn't just me and him by ourselves in the apartment, there was Raven now, another vampire in the picture. She was a whole different person with different training, a different outlook on things, a different life. I'd have to get used to being around someone other than Ramsey.

Eventually, Raven woke and after stumbling around the bedroom for a while, she walked out into the living room with a stretch, and yawned a 'Good morning.' She was wearing her clothes she'd slept in still, light pink shorts and a white tank top with some faded logo. Her clothes clung to her tiny frame for dear life, as if living in constant fear of sliding off. She was so thin, she made me feel fat and I'd always been as thin as a twig. She was skinny, but not lanky or awkward; she was beautiful, with prefect legs and curves and prefect everything. Her bright, hot pink hair, which she'd explained as something she'd done about a week before her transformation and since hair grew very slow on a vampire she'd decided to keep, looked brilliant and only added to the stupendous sparkle of her crystal blue eyes.
"Morning," me and Ramsey both said plainly, not quite so eager to wake up and greet the day with such happiness and glee, as Raven did. She stretched more, and glided towards the kitchen, her cheerful, kid-like manor only adding to her beauty. She was amazing to watch, like the main character in a play or ballet, who steals the show and doesn't even know it.
"What do we have to eat?" She called from the kitchen after opening several cabinets, searching for some trace of breakfast. I heard her mutter "Ew, oatmeal..." as she moved items around in the big food cabinet towards the front of the kitchen, near the threshold.
"I can make something..." Ramsey said, totally not offering for the greater good, but only to seem polite and in hopes of quieting her.
She still stood in front of the open food cabinet with one hand on her hip, and she shook her head and said, "Nah man, I can cook I just need to know where the food is."
I got up to get a glass of water, but my ulterior motive was to slowly and carefully navigate my way over to Raven, seeing as how between Ramsey and Raven she seemed to be the more interesting party.
So nonchalantly, I grabbed a glass from the cabinet and while filling it with the littler water dispenser on the fridge, pulled out the pancake mix and said, "We have stuff for pancakes..."
She turned sharply on her toes to where she was facing me, and her expression wore a big, goofy smile. She took the box from the counter and looked at it, a girlish grin on her face.
"That sounds great! You want to make pancakes?" She looked up at me with wide, shining eyes and pure excitement in her voice. I couldn't say no.

About an hour later, me, Raven and Ramsey were sitting at the table, our stomachs full with all the pancakes me and Raven had cooked up. There only remained one left on the big plate in the center of the table, a small star shaped pancake that Raven had fashioned, which none of us could muster up the will power to attempt to eat.
"I'll admit, those were amazing" Ramsey said, as though the thought of Raven doing something amazing was beyond comprehension. He was still bitter about not getting his way with the argument over Raven staying, so I let it slide.
"Anytime, baby," Raven said with a flirtatious wink, making Ramsey roll his eyes in annoyance.
After a few seconds, Raven leaned forward and said, "before I forget, could you find another mattress or cot or something for me to sleep on? I couldn't help but feel like a beg hog last night." She looked to me with an apologetic smile, which of course made me forgive her.
"Well since you shouldn't even be here, I don't think I should." Ramsey crossed his arms, reeling in his victory of finally having found a flaw in Raven's staying here.
"Okay, I'll get one myself, " Raven said happily with a shrug, making Ramsey's face fall in defeat. Her reaction was clearly not the one he'd wanted.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I didn't post after my ACT test! I was so worn out, I just came home and crashed.
But yea... I really can't say if I did good or not. I struggled on math and science, but did good in the English and reading sections. But a good score is like mid 20's, around there. So that's what I'm hoping for. :/

And thanks for being patient with me for the billionth time.