Forever And Never

54

When I woke, I was surprised to find that Raven was already awake and moving around in the living room. I had no idea how she'd managed to get up before me, since she was always sleeping in late, but I heard her walking around in the apartment as I got out of bed. I didn't stay up late or anything; I guess I was simply more tired and had slept later.
I quickly prepared for my morning shower, grabbing my clothes that I wanted to wear, and all the other various things that I would need. I opened the door, noticing that both Raven and Ramsey were here, as I walked across the hall and into the small bathroom, closing and locking the door behind me and setting my things down on the counter. I pulled the shower curtain aside, and made sure everything I needed was in the shower before I turned on the water, letting it become hot before I striped and climbed in.
The water felt good against my cold skin, and I missed the feeling as I quickly wrapped a towel around me in attempt to fight off the cold which had suddenly engulfed me. I dried myself, then grabbed my blow dryer from under cabinets under the sink, but remembered that I had left my hair brush in the bed room.
I looked at the spare brush on the counter, but I quickly remembered how I hated using that one. I sighed and decided to get my own, and tightened the towel around me as I unlocked the door. I left the door open a little, and was about to take one big step across the hall into my room, but Raven saying, "Why do you have to be such an ass about this?" stopped me right in my tracks.
I pressed myself back up against the door in hopes that if they could feel me they'd think I was still in the bathroom, and looked to the living room where I could only see Ravens leg to the left of the end of the hallway. She was standing there, and Ramsey was in front of her, completely out of sight by me, though I could hear his movements. I took in an unnecessary breath, was listened quietly.
"You are interfering with my student!" Ramsey replied in a harsh angry whisper. When he'd said the word 'my' his hand had went to his chest, and he'd leaned forward, and they were probably glaring hatefully at each other.
"I'm saving her!" She replied, just as angry as he was. "I'm keeping her alive!"
"She can't die!" Ramsey tried to ration, raising his hands up making a 'W' with his arms. I couldn't believe they were talking about me like this, like I wasn't even here, and could easily hear them with little to no effort. I almost wanted to stop listening, but I stayed, slightly afraid that they would discover me if I moved, and I didn't want all their anger unleashed on me.
"I don't mean physically!" Raven snapped, the agitation clear in her voice. "This is killing her on the inside. You have no idea what she's going through!"
"We're all vampires, Raven. Of course I know what she's going through." Ramsey crossed his arms over his chest, and continued to glare at his competitor. He was so intimidating, it was scaring me even from my safe position out of sight. I admired Raven for being able to stand up to him.
"No you don't!" Raven said with a pleading tone. "Nicolette loved August, and he betrayed her and turned her into a vampire. You'd be the last person to know about someone you love betraying you like that. You weren't even sober when you were-"
"You shut up!" Ramsey roared suddenly, and I almost gasped out loud at the noise that he made. I closed my eyes, and tried to recover from the shock as he he pointed a threatening finger at Raven, saying "You don't know anything about me."
"I know enough..." Raven said smartly. I looked down the hall and I could see her leaning back a little, her arms crossed. She was so good at making up come backs, I knew if we got in a verbal fight she would completely beat me without question. she just had a gift of always having something so say.
I let out a small breath as Ramsey sneered and said something smart back. He wasn't as skilled as Raven, but he made up for it by scaring the crap out of me sometimes. He was nice and gently, but the fact that he was a vampire who knew how to use his strength was well known to me, and whenever he got angry or showed his temper, I couldn't help but cower at him. I'd never actually seen the full force of a vampire, so I had no idea what to expect.
Raven replied to whatever he said by saying, "It is my business when it involves my friend! I can't just look away and ignore what's happening to her."
My head was spinning with all the yelling and fighting, and I quickly felt the urge to escape the situation as fast as possible. I could've listened in more, and uncovered more about the secrets that they had carelessly forgotten to tell me about, but something, maybe a sixth sense, compelled me to get out so I wouldn't be found. They both knew a secret, and I could tell I was better off not knowing, at least for now. I would wait if it meant not having to go up against one of them.
I crept quietly back into the bathroom, a little happy to find that my hair was more dry now. I grabbed the extra brush, not caring whether I liked using it or not, and brushed through my hair quickly. I got dressed in my clothes I'd picked out, and dried my hair and fixed it the way I usually did, taking my sweet time. I did my make up, making sure to take extra long to apply the eye shadow and the few other things I used. I even picked up the towels I'd used and hung them over the bar supporting the shower curtain, and after finding anything else possible to do to avoid stepping out of the bathroom, I finally grew some courage and unlocked the door and stepped out praying that they had ended their dispute and were both in separate rooms cooling off.
Hearing no yelling when I looked down the hallway, I stepped into my room, trying to be as casual as possible, and threw my clothes in the pile in the corner. They didn't need to know that I'd been listening in to almost their entire fight.
"Hey," I heard Raven say, making me jump slightly before turning and facing her. She was standing in the door frame smiling happily as though she had not just been fighting with Ramsey.
"Oh hey," I replied, trying my very best not to let it show that I knew what had just happened.
"Whats up?" She smiled and walked more into the room, looking around nonchalantly. I looked at her, noticing no evidence that the argument had even occurred. I understood that she was just planning on not mentioning it to me, figuring that I hadn't heard because I'd been in the shower, or had the blow dryer on. She wasn't even going to tell me that she'd just defended me, that she'd been fighting me. It made me think: what else was she not mentioning?
"N-not much," I realized that I had a question to answer, "I was just going to watch TV, I guess. Not much else to do." I shrugged, and she laughed.
"That sounds great, I'll probably join you."
I smiled, then brushed past her, and went into the living room. Subconsciously, I looked around for Ramsey only to discover that he wasn't even here. My puzzled look remained as Raven walked into the room and I asked, "Where's Ramsey? I thought I felt him earlier."
She shrugged her shoulders, "I don't know. Guess he went to get food or go out to Branch wood or something." She gave a look of mirrored curiosity, and I was impressed by her good acting. Had I not heard them, I would've been convinced.
"Oh, okay." I plopped down onto the couch, "Hope he brings back food, I'm hungry." I turned on the TV and she stood there a minute fidgeting with her hands and watching me. I could only assume that she was studying me to see if I would show any signs that I'd heard them yelling. After a minute or so I turned and looked at her saying, "What are you doing?"
She Immediately snapped out of it, and mumbling 'Nothing,' she walked over to the couch and sat down next to me. I looked back to the television, but noticed that she was much more quiet than she usually was. I'd more or less decided to ignore it, and figured that she was still mad about the fight with Ramsey earlier but after a few minutes she cleared her throat and I turned to her.
"I... I think I'll be leaving soon. Y'know, getting back to Maribelle and Branch wood." I looked at her surprised, not expecting her to say anything like that to me once she sat down. It made me wish I'd listened to the rest of the fight, for maybe I'd know what had made Raven want to tell me that she was leaving.
"Oh, alright..." Was all I could say, due to shock at what she'd said. She looked up at me and smiled, and all I could do what return a smile, since I was too surprised to speak.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was so post to be chapter 61, but I didn't finish the chapter I was going to post so oh well. It was only a filler, and if I finish it I'll post it as the next chapter. But I thought up this chapter a while ago, and I wrote the fighting part then put it into the story.

In other news, I'm taking a class that I took sophomore year over again, but only the first semester. And It's Digital Graphics and Animation, so I've been working on my projects ahead of time. We need 25 photographs so I've been taking them during the summer so I don't have to do it then. :P

Oh, and thanks for all the feedback! You guys are great. <3