Like a Damaged Nerve

It's About Time

Knowing that Katie was on her way back to the States, I slept so well for the first time in a long time. I swear I was out cold. I didn’t leave that warm bed until I felt the sun wash over my face. Once I had come to, the bed was empty… and I heard babbles in the other room.

Knowing it was Jonny being adorable with our daughter, I got up and quietly made my way out to them. Jonathan had our little Aubrey in her highchair. He had obviously been feeding her breakfast. She was all giggles as Jonny cooed to her… in French.

“Papa vous aime,” he said… which is his favorite thing to tell her. It frustrates me, because he’s tried numerous times to help me in the whole speaking another language topic long before our daughter came alone. I don’t have the patience for it… and I don’t know why he can’t just say ‘daddy loves you’ to her! Even though I could listen to him speak it all day.

“Really, Frenchy?” I teased, making my presence known.

“You’re one to talk, Sleepy Head,” was his comeback.

I giggled and went to the squealing baby first. She babbled in her baby language, smacking her little pudgy hands against the tabletop in front of her. Reaching down, I placed a soft kiss to the top of her dark hair, causing her legs to swing excitedly now.

“Good morning,” Jonny spoke once I stood up straight. He held his arm out to wrap around my waist, pulling me against him. With him still sitting, I bent down to peck at his lips gently.

“Morning,” I replied with a smile quickly spreading across my face after we parted.

His soon followed as he pulled me onto his lap. I gladly accepted and placed my head against his shoulder that was covered in a soft t-shirt. We sat like this for a few moments, watching Aubrey get excited over anything her deep, cocoa eyes scanned over. Each time he’d chuckle from her cuteness, Jonny would turned to and kiss at my jaw.

“She gets to meet her auntie today,” he whispered, leaving his lips at the same spot longer then he previously had done.

“It’s about time,” I countered. It’s been so long. I probably won’t even recognize her when I see her.

“Patrick’s already called me and asked if we were sure we didn’t want to go with him to pick her up,” he informed me.

“I feel like they need that moment though,” I answered. “She’s missed her man. She doesn’t want to see me right away,” I added and began to bit at the corner of my bottom lip.

“Mhmm,” Jonathan hummed, trying to fight off a chuckle.

“Don’t mhmm me,” I threw back at him. “I’m not… going to be as hard on her as I was the last time she came back,” I repeated for about the millionth time since we got the news of her return.

“Mhmm,” he said once more, trying to keep his smile away.

“I wish you had practice today,” I grumbled and crossed my arms.

He laughed at my poutiness once more and gave me a squeeze. I sighed… and gave into his embrace.

I was really excited to see Katie again, knowing she was coming home, mostly, in once piece. And I was happy for Patrick. I hoped it gave him the same piece of mind to see her again. Just knowing she’s on US soil eases my mind so much… and I can’t wait to introduce her to little Aubrey.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is so lame... I'm so tired. I'm so sorry. but Jonny and his French speaking mouth have been all over tumblr and uuuuugh