Fire & Ice

Chapter One

"Four years have passed since the attack on New York City,..." the news anchor rambled on. Eira rolled her eyes at the mention of Stark tower.

"It's the anniversary of the attack and all they care about is that pompous man's beloved tower." She tossed the remote at Viggy.

"He did help save the city, you know." Viggy said raising her eyebrows. "Just because dad and him have had their bouts doesn't mean you should hate a hero."

"You just want to see that wretched tower." Eira laughed.
"And his suit." She beamed. "Not that he's too shabby without it."

"Vigdis, gross."

Viggy's eyes narrowed at her proper name. She loathed it. She had asked her mother countless times why she had given her such an ugly name. Her mother always looked hurt and told her it meant something special to her, though she never told her what.

"You really don't want to see inside the tower? I mean, God knows how much that place is worth."

"I am sure dad could tell us without stepping foot inside." Eira scoffed.

"Come on, Eiraaa!" Viggy pleaded. "I know deep down in your stubborn let's-be-a-butthead soul you want to see the inside of Stark Tower."

Eira sighed shaking her head. She knew Viggy would drag her there against her will anyways. Viggy made big, sad eyes and pouted her lip.

"Alright, alright." Eira laughed. "I'll go."

"Yeah!" Viggy did a fist pump. "Maybe. We'll meet Mr. Iron Man."

"Hopefully not!" Eira laughed as they both entered the elevator at the end of the hallway.

The sidewalks were even more crowded than normal due to the anniversary. The sky was filled with ominous clouds with random claps of thunder every once in a while.

"I didn't think it was supposed to rain today." Viggy said inspecting the sky as the sisters walked. Eira shrugged as they approached the tower. Viggy's eyes widened at the amount of people who were waiting to tour the building. She eyed the alleyway beside the building. "You think your sneaking skills can get us through that side door?"

"You are bad." Eira laughed. "But..you are lucky I feel devious today."

When the two went day the alley, it was as if a blanket of darkness covered them.

________________________

"Excuse me, Mr. Stark, but I have detected a system breach." JARVIS spoke as Tony poked two wires together making them spark.

"Show me the west wing security feed." He said as he simultaneously slid multiple screens into the air until he finally came to the two girls hacking into his security. Successfully. He smirked in surprise. "Not bad. Let them by JARVIS. "

"Of course, sir." JARVIS answered instantly lowering all of the emergency gates over the inside doors.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback is always appreciated.