Fire & Ice

Chapter Ten

"Sif, this is absolute madness. Though you might think me ill for saying so, Vigdis does have more power than you. She is of Asgard as you are and of War's bloodline." Thor boomed as Sif's gaze passed him barely listening.

She needed to know if Vigdis could beat her. She wanted so badly to put her half-blood face in the dirt.

"I do not think you ill, Thor." She muttered and glared through him. "I am one of Asgard's greatest warriors, am I not, dearest friend?"

"You and I know you are a mighty warrior." He stopped in front of her. "She is Tyr's daughter. She will win. It is not their way to give in. She hasn't harnessed complete control over her powers. What if she loses control?"

"I'll have no choice but to kill her." Sif said almost smiling upon such a thought. It would

"What if she kills you, my lady?" Loki appeared out of a shadow in the room walking with his hands clasped together as if conjuring an evil plot.

"You're joking, right? She couldn't possibly over power me." Sif laughed arrogantly.

"The incident yesterday proves otherwise, warrior." He chortled.

"He is correct, Sif. If the War Goddess ignites in blind rage, you shall fall again." Thor asserted with pleading eyes.

"And if I retract myself from this practice match, I will be thought a lowly coward, not only by your Midgardians, but by all who lay eyes upon the training yard today." She boomed anger dripping from her words. "I will not back down, my princes. If I am to lose, it will be with my dignity."

"Prepare your dignity then." Loki laughed up exiting the room.

"He is such a venomous spider!" She spat as she left the room shoving her helmet securely on her head preparing for a battle. Thor soon followed them both to the training yard with a feeling of dread weighing down in his stomach.

Eira looked calm and collected as she was preparing for the match. She had waited for a moment like this since she wasn't the straight forward type such as Viggy. Sif had been planting all sorts of treachery against her since day one. And, Eira saw a this as the perfect chance to set her straight.

She was slightly uneasy about this match being swords. Eira's weapon of choice was a bow. She was wonderful precise with it. She was still graceful with a sword though. She sheathed her sword; Rökkr. The sword was swift as its name; Norse for shadow. It was black like Viggy's but curved more like a katana. While her bow was still strapped to her back as a secondary weapon, Viggy walked up with the utmost serious look upon her features.

"Sif is a very upfront warrior. Let her come to you, parry her attack, she'll eventually over calculate." Viggy spoke quietly as her eyes diverted to the yard. Her eyes met Eira's gaze and softened immediately. "And you, you don't think too much. I know how you are. "

"You shush." Eira broke into a smile. "I'm trying to be as serious as possible."

"Yeah, we'll be smiling greatly after this." Viggy patted her sister on the shoulder. "You're up first."

Eira walked with her head held high out onto the yard. It was unusually crowded this day. Sif must've rumored a great deal.

Sif cracked her knuckles obviously trying to appear arrogant. She was good at that. Eira cocked an eyebrow. She planned on changing that. She peered around to see Viggy standing between the two princes. Loki lost in his own thoughts while Thor was smiling encouragingly at Eira.

"Ready to be humiliated?" Sif's voice broke Eira's gaze.

"Stay calm." Eira muttered under her breath. "Wait for her to make a mistake."

She pulled Rökkr from its holster as Sif lunged towards her. She blocked the first blow pushing Sif with her sword.

"So much for humiliation? Have an more magic tricks?" Eira smirked.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback is always appreciated.