Fire & Ice

Chapter Eleven

The clanging noise of metal filled the yard as Eira continuously blocked Sif's daunting blows. Viggy watched Thor flinch in worry each time the two blades met.

"Why is she only blocking?" Thor questioned loudly. It even broke Loki's deep thoughts.

"Patience, dear prince." Viggy smirked. "She's reserving energy as Sif continues to waste hers. She proving she isn't to be walked on."

Loki glanced at Viggy. Her eyes were a beautiful amber essence opposed to their normal earthy brown. Her face was smooth of expression after letting her smirk fall. He could sense some kind of power radiating within her.

"Have faith, brother." Loki smiled pointing towards the match as Eira pushed Sif back once more.

"You got it, Eir." Viggy mumbled completely entranced by the fight. Sif lunged once more and Eira caught her by the shoulder throwing her to the ground.

There was a gasp among the watchers and a grunt from the fallen soldier. She took Rökkr and stabbed it into the ground next to her face.

"The greatest warriors know mercy well." Eira smiled removing her helm. The small crowd cheered her on as she pulled Rökkr from the dirt and sheathed her onyx sword. "As well as forgiveness."

She put out a hand to help the pride broken Sif. Her face hardened in defeat but she took Eira's hand and lifted it up to prove her the victor.

Thor walked out onto the yard and hugged her tightly to him. Viggy watched as Sif walked off the field. It would be a couple of hours before her own match with Sif.

"Eira will never see a real battle with Thor around." Loki chuckled as he pointed over at him sticking close to Eira.

"I fear I may see many." Viggy laughed smirking at Loki.

"Well, your title makes that obvious." He grabbed her by the hand. And butterflies fluttered in her stomach as he smiled. "Come, let's congratulate your sister."

"You did fantastic!" Viggy smiled hugging her sister.

"Thank you! I took your advice." Eira pulled away and threw a cocked eyebrow glance a Viggy noticing Loki was admiring her closely. Viggy returned an expression with a small smirk. She leaned in to Viggy's ear. "Is he finally putting the Godly moves on you? About damn time!"

"Shhh!" Viggy hushed her blushing slightly.

"Sharing secrets, are we?" The Thunder God smiled.

"Secrets do not make allies." Loki added.

"Nothing, you two." Eira laughed as they walked towards the banquet hall for the mid day meal.

A huge plate was on the table in front of Viggy, but she just pushed food from one side to the other.

"Would you care to accompany me to the balcony or are you too enthralled with playing with your food?" Viggy looked up to see Loki smiling and offering his hand to her.

"That depends. Will the balcony be more amusing than what's on my plate?" Viggy took his hand to get to her feet.

"I imagine so, Lady Vigdis." She scrunched her nose at her full name. He found himself liking that expression and chuckled slightly. He led the way up to his father's balcony.

"Asgard's beauty surpasses anything I've ever seen on Earth." Viggy side leaning forward against the guard rail taking in the sight. She sighed at the thought of Earth.

Her normal life. Hanging out with Eira at the coffee shop. Singing songs they both liked as loudly as possible in the car. Rating guys on the one-to-ten scale while walking the sidewalks of New York. It all seemed so distant now. She often thought of Brynn and Nikolai. Did they miss them? We're they worried?

"You miss it, though. Don't you?" He said lowly staring forward almost as if it hurt his feelings. "Midgard, I mean?"

"I mean, yeah, compared to this, life on Midgard was a breeze." She replied with a soft smile. "I don't regret being brought her though."

"What if I told you we could return to Earth?" He responded lowly yet again as his eyes watched hers for a reaction. Her eyes grew wide and met his but before she could answer Thor approached.

"Lady Vigdis, it is time for your match." He stated.

"Now, that is a fight I've been waiting for all day." Loki smiled as they were escorted back to the yard.

Sif was stretching in the designated area. Viggy replaced her helmet.

"Vigdis!" Loki called out from behind her. She spun on her heels to face him. He reached up straightening her helmet by its small horns. He leaned in close. "Good luck out there."

"I'm the Goddess of War. I don't need luck." She beamed before pulling her eyes from his gaze and meeting Sif.

"I was beginning to think you returned to Midgard." Sif cocked an eyebrow.

"And leave my best pal here with no one to kick her ass, I think not." Viggy smirked. "Sure you don't want to wait until the wounds from earlier heal. My sister did a lot of work on that ego of yours."

"Over my dead body."

"I can gladly make that a reality." Viggy smiled once more before retrieving Andlát from her side. "Let's do this."

"My pleasure." Sif grunted pivoting on one foot to swing low at Viggy's knee. Viggy leapt over it sensing her next move each time. She blocked blow by blow.

"Midgardian trash ever given you a run for your money like this, Lady Sif?" She spat knocking her sword from her hands. She threw Andlát down on the ground. She had a burning sensation throughout her body. A voice was whispering. Slowly becoming louder.

"Kill her." The voice said plainly and calmly without any hesitation Viggy's hands convulsed flames. She clinched her fists tight making a run for her opponent. Sif clumsily made a barrel roll out of the way of attack at the last second. Viggy let out of angry grunt throwing her helmet off.

"Do it." The voice commanded.

"Oh no!" Eira muttered worrisome as she watch her sister tremble with anger.

"She's unstable." Thor gasped. Loki stood cross armed staring at Viggy. Just focusing on her moves. She was fearless. Savage. Perfect. "Stop the fight."

"Loki!" Eira grabbed him by the shoulder. "Please, stop her!"

"I yield!" Sif screamed as Viggy stood above fixing to ensue the final blow. "I yield!"

"No mercy. War doesn't yield. War isn't for the weak." Viggy stared at Sif. She let her fist drop when she felt two cold hands around her wrist.

"Vigdis." Loki whispered. "She yielded. The fight is over. You've won."

Viggy pulled away wide eyed staring at her hands. Sif scrambled to her feet. "I..I didn't mean to..."

"It's alright, Vig." Eira pulled her head to her shoulder. "You lost control."

"Let me escort you back to your chambers, m'lady." Loki gave a sympathetic smile.

"I don't know what happened." She whispered.

"Welcome to the world of powers." Loki chuckled slightly. "It was pure accident. And, surely, Sif needed a good startle."

"Something told me to kill her." Viggy looked up at him.

"Oh, that's exhaustion speaking." He brushed her off. "Get some rest. I have somewhere I would like to show you tomorrow."

"And what about Midgard?"

"Maybe, I'll explain it to you further." He smirked before exiting her quarters.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback is always appreciated. I have one more chapter that is pre-written so I may wait a little while before updating it so I can get a little farther ahead. (Does that even make sense?)

Also would anyone be interested in a Skyrim fic? I have one started that I add to regularlyish. Let me know in the comments, please!