Fire & Ice

Chapter Three

Eira tried to stay calm as the stranger approached her sister quickly reaching for the scepter.

She watched as Viggy grabbed it and the blue at the end grew brighter.

"How is that possible?" The man murmured. Again reaching for it, Viggy's eyes narrowed.

"Loki!" Another man accompanied by Mr. Stark burst into the room. Eira eyed the both as it seemed the walls were trembling. "Get away from the mortals and the scepter."

"I apologize, dear brother. My past seems to have crept up on me once again." The one called Loki spoke. "It does not seem as if these two are mere mortals though."

"Viggy?" Eira said slowly stepping toward her as the anger blazed in her eyes. She put her hand on Viggy's shoulder instantly feeling her body become less tense. The tremor of the room vanished as the scepter fell to the floor.

"What just happened to me?" Viggy spoke lowly looking down at her hands.

"Well, after you two broke into my fine establish, bravo by the way," Mr. Stark eyed the two girls. "You picked up the glowing death staff and made the walls shake."

"The scepter doesn't cause tremors." Loki spoke. "Nor can any human control it."

"What are you trying to say?" Eira raised a brow.

"That you aren't necessarily human." The blonde one chimed in.

"That it is possible you are of Asgard."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa." Viggy threw her hands up overwhelmed at this point. "As is Norse mythology Asgard? With all the Gods and stuff?"

"Except the mythology part." Stark laughed. "Otherwise, yes. Thor and Loki are indeed the sons of Odin. Looks like mommy and daddy have some explaining to do."

"Well, they have always avoided such a subject." Eira smiled grabbing Viggy's hand and her nervousness faded.

"Maybe, the confrontation would be easier if we attended." Thor offered.

"You, can join us" Viggy pointed at Thor. "But him, he's staying away from me."

Green glittered over Loki's blue eyes as he smirked almost triumphantly. "But what shall I do while you are in such a discussion?"

"Don't worry, Frosty. I'll babysit." Stark smiled. Loki's expression faded as Thor escorted the two girls out.

"Dad? Yeah, yeah, everything is alright. We're at Stark Tower." Eira spoke into her phone. Both sisters knew he'd flip when she told him that. "Dad! It's okay! We are fine! But we have a guest coming home with us. We need to talk. Make sure Mom is there, too."
The elevator seemed crowded with Thor towering over the two girls. They finally made it to their door. Eira stepped in first followed by Viggy. Thor had to lower his head before entering.

"Mom! Dad!" Viggy half shouted.

"Yes, dear?" Their mother said turning the corner with a plate on hand. At the sight of Thor, she dropped it; shattering it.

"Sorry to have startled you, my lady. I am-.." he started very politely as Nikolai hurried into the room because of all the commotion.

"The son of Odin." Brynn choked out with tears filling her eyes.

"Mom, don't cry. We just want an explanation." Eira chimed as Viggy got a broom to sweep up the shards of glass.

"Come into the living room." Nikolai motioned with his hand for the to follow. All of them took a seat.

"I only intervene to tell you they need to be properly shown how to harness Asgardian power. " Thor offered Brynn a tissue.

"I didn't think they'd ever get powers since they hadn't shown any before." Brynn sobbed as Nikolai put his arm around her.

"Powers? What is all of this?" Viggy said with a clueless look on her face.

"Before your mother and I got together, we both had similar experiences with the Asgardian race. Vigdis, your mother became pregnant by Tyr. And, Eira, your biological mother is Skadi." Nikolai began. "Tyr being the God of War, he couldn't stay to raise a child while Skadi, Goddess of snow, did plan to stay, Eira, and raise you. But she had gotten news of many problems with her family and also returned to Asgard after your birth."

"So, we are freaks?" Viggy's eyes widened.

"No, we are half bloods." Eira smiled.

"You are of Asgard. We must be getting you there." Thor said.

"We have to leave tonight?" Viggy nearly shouted. "That leaves us no time to say good bye!"

"I deeply apologize but this is of important news Odin should know of." Thor replied with sympathy on his face.

"How are we going to be able to prove to 'the gods' that they are our parents?" Eira said curiously filling her grey eyes.
Brynn grabbed her purse and started fumbling through it. "I know they are in here."

"Are you sure you didn't leave them in the nightstand?" Nikolai almost laughed as his wife searched through her crowded purse.

"Ah, here they are."She said pulling out two small stones.

"Rocks?" Viggy asked.

"Stones of Odin." Her mother answered. "The one with the tree is Eira's and the one with crossed daggers is yours. Odin will know what they mean. He is the All-father."

"We really must be going." Thor interjected.

"Do we get time to pack?" Eira said eyes widening.

"Not unless your belongings are of utmost importance to you." Thor eyed them both knowing they we stalling.

"I suppose our parents can't go?" Viggy said with a tinge of sadness hinting through her words.

"No, darling. We have no reason." Nikolai said. "But we love you both dearly. You will do great."

"We are going to miss you so much." Brynn busted into tears yet again pulling the two girls into a tight, uncomfortable hug.

After the girls peeled away from their parents, they arrived back at the tower with Thor to join Loki.

Thor had told them how they were going to travel back to Asgard by means of a device called the bi-frost.

"Put your arms around her, brother." He commanded Loki.

"Is this going to hurt?" Viggy grimaced as Loki grabbed her slightly.
"Don't get to used to that, Mr. Mischief."

"It may cause some discomfort, but no, it is painful." Thor yelled as a blue light bursted open and it felt like every particle of their beings had vaporized.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback is always appreciated.