Fire & Ice

Chapter Five

They finally reached a palace that seemed to be made of solid gold. It gleamed as they strolled through it. Eira greeted the strangers that passed by gawking with a smile while Viggy diverted her eyes.

"Why do they look at us so shocked?" Viggy questioned throwing her gaze at Thor.

"It is not often they receive guests of Midgard."

"Mid-what?" Viggy scrunched her face.

Loki chuckled before answering, "It's the realm Earth is located within."

"There are realms?" Eira slightly scoffed at Loki.

"There are nine to be exact." Thor replied as they came to a huge banquet type room. "Ah, here we are."

The room full of Asgardians fell silent as the four came before the Allfather.

"What is it you have called upon me for, my sons?" Odin spoke loudly. His voice echoed through the room.

"Bow." Loki whispered as Viggy & Eira quickly half bowed with curtsies.

"And, who are these two lovely ladies?" he said as they all returned to standing.

"During our time on Midgard, father, we found these two. They have proof they are part Asgardian." Thor half smiled at Odin.

"Proof, you say?" The Allfather replied raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, father." Loki nodded. "They have some sort of stones."

"Step forward, dear maidens." Odin called walking down the steps of his throne to meet them. Viggy and Eira made eye contact before slowly taking steps forward to him. "May I see said stones?"

"I'm Eira and this is my sister, Viggy." Eira smiled handing him the rocks their mother had given them.

"Snow. Ah, yes. Skadi must be your mother. Your enchanting calm proves this so." He smiled rubbing his hand over Eira's stone. "And you, Viggy, you must be Tyr's. The fire in your eyes surely says this. Is it actually Vigdis by any chance?"

"Yes, sir. My mother never told me what it meant." Viggy glanced at Odin.

"It is a great name, my child. One you should not be ashamed of. It means war goddess. And with a father such as Tyr, it is an appropriate name." He smiled. "There are more to these stones that just your origins, I dare say."

"What do you mean, father?" Loki inquired.

"It means they are betrothed," Odin smiled as Eira's and Viggy's faces both flushed of color. "To my sons."

"What? Father surely the princes of Asgard have a choice in this matter?" Loki fought wide eyed.

"Are you sure that is what it means, your grace?" Viggy stumbled over her words.

"Yes, my child." Odin smiled. "For it is already written in these stones. Thor much needs a bride who can calm his war thirsty ambitions while Loki needs a strategic wife as clever as he with his uncanny wits."

"But father.." Loki tried again. "She's..."

"Enough, Loki!" Odin boomed loudly. Eira and Viggy both flinched slightly. "It has already been chosen for you. Asgardians! I bestow upon you with great honor the newest goddesses of Asgard."

The crowd cheered loudly as Odin put his hands upon their shoulders.

"Thor, Loki, show them to their quarters. Arrangements with Tyr and Skadi will be made so they shall learn their true potential."

The sons nodded.

"Not what I expected." Eira whispered.

"At least you get the nice, muscular one." Viggy scoffed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback is always appreciated. Thank you to all who have continued reading. And a big thank you to Kella for all her lovely comments!