Fire & Ice

Chapter Seven

Viggy heard firm knock on the door. She was crawling out of bed, but Eira beat her to the door. Viggy continued up to the door behind her sister to find a woman dressed on armor with a couple of male warriors carrying packages.

"I was ordered to bring you two your new armor for your training." The woman spoke lowly and it was obvious she was unamused.

"Oh, well, thank you. Do come in." Eira motioned at her as Viggy followed the warrior to the table with the armor.

"I have no need to enter your chambers." The woman spoke harshly.

"Do we need to be fitted for this armor or what?" Viggy called out hearing the lady's tone.

"I'm sure you won't have a reason to even wear it." She scoffed as the warriors saluted the two sisters and marched away.

"She was a ray of sunshine." Viggy glared at the empty doorway before Eira slammed the door. She was usually hard to anger but you could tell the unknown woman had rubbed her the wrong way. She slowly joined Viggy at the table to reveal what was in the the metal boxes. They were distinct, one with a red ribbon & one with green.

"I wonder what her problem was." Eira shrugged as she pulled the lid off of her box. Viggy gasped at it.

"She's probably just mad that you have better armor than her." Viggy smiled holding it up to Eira's body. It was dark grayish silver with red engraving and crimson feminine cape and on the chest was the her symbol from the Odin stone as her crest. The Tree. She then held up a helmet the made of the same material which was very similar to Thor's with the wings on it but much smaller and framed her face perfectly. "No, more dresses!"

"Well, let's see yours!" Eira smiled. "I know how excited you've been to rid yourself of dresses."

Viggy breathed in deep before removing the lid to the box. Her eyes widened as she gazed upon black as onyx armor with gold inlays among the trim and a slender forest green cape. The chest piece was also engraved with her Odin stone symbol o two crossed daggers.
Then she pull out her helmet which was onyx with very small curved horns with gold accent marks. "This is the most amazing thing I will ever own! I can't wait to put it on."

"No, no, that buckles here." Eira pointed to her hip. "And that buckles there."

"No, it doesnt. Trust me." Viggy argued trying to adjust her sisters armor when two chamber maids entered.

"Pardon our entry, m'ladies." They curtsied. "We've been assigned to be your maids. Do you need help assembling your armor?"

"Yes, please." Eira pleaded so dramatically that Viggy cut her eyes at her.

"I am Idonea and this is Dagny." She smiled as she shifted the breastplate of the armor slight and latched it securely. Dagny grabbed Viggy's armor to assist her as well.

"Thank you, ladies." Viggy smiled as she peered into the mirror.

"Come on, Narcissus!" Eira snickered grabbing her helmet before walking out the door.

"Hey now! Wrong mythology!" Viggy laughed following closely behind her. Viggy diverted her eyes to the foot steps of her sisters as she felt Asgardian eyes fall upon her.

"Maidens!" She heard Odin's gruff voice call out from the middle of the courtyard. They curtsied before him. "My, my. I have never gazed upon such beautiful warriors."

"Thank you, Allfather. It is an honor to wear such armor." Viggy worked up the confidence to speak.

"Don't thank me. Thank my sons. They spent most of the night forging them from our finest metals." He half smiled as his sons approached as well.

"Thank you, Thor." Eira beamed at him.

"It was an utmost honor for my future wife to be adorned with such armor." He replied.

"And I thank you as well, Loki." Viggy nodded at him. He smirked and bowed like a gentlemen.

"Depart from me, my sons. I am sure these new faces of Asgard are anxious for this morn." With that, Loki and Thor led the way for the sisters for the meeting of their deity parents.

"I'm confused. This is a temple." Eira said as they entered the great room with ancient statues to these gods and goddesses.

"Skadi and Tyr have been gone for many centuries now, but their life essence still reside here. Go to their altars and speak what is carved into it. It will awaken them." Loki replied with a matter of fact type of expression.

"We will leave you in private." Thor clasped Eira's hand before turning to exit the room. "We shall stand guard outside to assure that no citizen disturbs either of you. When you are both finished, we will take you to your training."

Eira and Vigdis stared at each other momentarily then scoured the room for the correct statues.

Eira kneeled down before the gorgeous statue of the Snow Huntress, Skadi. She was cloaked in mystery. In the corner of the room, stood the statue of Tyr as a warrior clothed in great armor with a mighty wolf at his side. Viggy knelt down while taking in a deep breath.

"Well, this is it." Eira said putting her hands on the floor.

"Good luck." Viggy chirped nervously.

"In snow and shadow, we are protected." Eira chanted loudly. Viggy glanced over her shoulder to see that Eira was speaking to the statue but couldn't here or see Skadi. Nor could she hear what Eira was saying.

"War is our love and justice is our responsibility." Viggy nervously spoke. She noticed that the statue slowly turned to flesh. It became real.

"Who has summoned me from my Great Rest?" Tyr spoke loudly and stared down at Viggy with embers for eyes.

"Uh.., I, I, I am Vigdis Tyryn Gustav. I was brought here from Earth to learn of my Asgardian blood." She stammered before him. His face softened.

" I have awaited the day you would come to me, my child." He spoke much lighter this time as she looked upwards at him. He knelt down to her level and brushed her cheek with his hand. "War burns through you, Vigdis. You are truly a goddess of war."

"But these people, the Asgardians, they look at me like I am freak." Viggy couldn't break her eyes away from his.

"They fear what they do not know. And they envy what they do not have, Vigdis Tyryn." He replied holding out his palm.

"I have nothing to fear or envy, Tyr." Viggy said almost confused.

"You are my daughter." He said as a red orb formed in his hand. "Place your hand in mine. Absorb your true potential. Not only will this help you learn about your powers, but my guidance will be there when you need me."

Viggy cautiously put her hand in his and the orb dissipated into her skin.

"Vigdis never regret your mother for this. You were born of her beauty and my power." He said as the statue began to reform. "And do not let love blind you from reality. There is an ancient evil among us."

"What evil? What are you talking about?" Viggy half yelled as stone covered over most of his body.

"Remember your true self." He echoed as the stone molded back over his face.

"Remember myself? Evil? Love?" Viggy whispered as she found herself on her knees staring up at the statue of the fallen god.

"Vig? You alright?" She felt Eira's hand on the shoulder of her armor. She flinched in surprise.

"I didn't even hear you come up." Viggy breathed out standing up. Eira must have absorbed Skadi's essence as well because her grey eyes were almost shining with mysterious power.

"An ability given by the goddess of shadow, I'd say." Eira smiled softly. "Everything alright?"

"Yeah, just a little stunned, I suppose." Viggy returned the smile. "Let's get to training."

The two heaved open the huge golden door to find the two princes still standing guard.

"Ah, you have finished?" Loki cocked an eyebrow.

"Yes. Now, can we please train?" Viggy begged almost childishly. "I've been waiting for this all my life."

Thor laughed heartily and looked down at Eira who was now beside him. "Your sister shows great enthusiasm!"

"I fear what we may create from this enthusiasm, brother." Loki smirked and Viggy cut her eyes at him. "I mean, we are essentially creating a goddess of War."

"Just pray I don't declare war on you." Viggy smirked as they found the training courtyard.

Thor motioned Eira to the archery training section of the yard and handed her a beautifully made Asgardian bow. Viggy's eyes searched across the yard until they spotted the same futile Warrior they had encountered earlier with their armor.

"Loki, who is that woman?" Viggy inquired as he walked up handing her a sword black as midnight. She shifted it in her hands surprised at how light it was.

"That is Lady Sif." He answered. "It appears she has taken great envy for your sister. She has always had eyes for Thor."

"How tragic." Viggy smiled almost evilly that even Loki's lips turned upwards into a smirk.

"She is reveled as the greatest female warrior of Asgard." He cocked an eyebrow.

"Well, I guess it's time we change that. Wouldn't you agree, dear prince?" Viggy smiled once more.

"Absolutely." He replied. "With time, Vigdis, you shall be the greatest of all Warriors, not only the women."
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback is always appreciated.