Fire & Ice

Chapter Eight

Several weeks had passed before Viggy had finally started making a breakthrough on her powers. Eira had found hers easily, but meditating had always come easily to her. Eira was peaceful as Viggy had always been a trouble starter.

"Eira! Eira, look!" Viggy broke the silence in the temple where they had both been meditating.

"What? What?" She hurried over to see Viggy holding a ball of flame between her hands. "You've done it! You've tapped into your powers!"

"I can control fire!" Viggy squealed.

"I am so happy for you!" Eira smiled clapping her hands excitedly as Thor entered the temple.

"Hello my dear." He wrapped Eira into a tight hug. "And hello to you, Lady Vigdis. I see you have learn conjure fire. That is a remarkable ability to harness."

"Fire and Ice." Viggy smirked at her glowing sister. Over the past few weeks, it had become clear that the God of Thunder and new Goddess of Snow were truly meant to be together.

"Fits us perfectly." Eira replied taking Thor's hand.

"Would you excuse us? We have a private lunch awaiting us." Thor smiled down at the both.

"Oh, go on, you two love birds." Viggy shooed them with her hands. "If you need me, I shall be in the training yards."

Before Viggy left the temple, she knelt before the statue of Tyr. She closed her eyes and touched the engraving on the ground.

"Thank you, Father. I know you helped me with this breakthrough today. Please, continue to teach me."

She breathed heavily as she could feel his essence in the room, but he didn't not reveal himself. She shut the door loudly before walking off to the yard. She spotted Sif training in her usual corner with crowd of faithful warriors.

She picked up Andlát, the sword Loki had forged for her by his father's command. Andlát was the Norse word for death and she found it fitting. She began practicing her footing and stance when she heard an arrogant laugh. Viggy's blood boiled as she turned around to face Sif.

"May I ask what you are laughing at?" Viggy's voice was low and guttural.

"I'm laughing at the so-called daughter of Tyr. The one who believes she can take my rank. The one who supposedly will be the God of War incarnate. I have seen no such sign. You can't even swing a blade correctly." Sif cocked a serious eyebrow but smirked at the same time.

"Is your problem with me or that fact that my sister is marrying the God of Thunder?" Viggy's eyes were brewing an orange tint of anger. "Can you not pick yourself up after such a blow? Or do you feel the need to ridicule the daughter of Tyr in front of your peers further? Why don't you put your money where your mouth is, m'lady?"

"Is that a challenge, half-blood?" Sif glared.

"It's more than a challenge. It's going to be a whole damn revelation for you when it's over." Viggy spat. She could feel her body tensing with anger.

"Calm down, my child. Sif knows nothing of the power you have. Spare her." A voice resonated in Viggy's head. It was Tyr.

While distracted by Tyr's reasoning, Vigdis found herself blocking a harsh blow from Sif's sword.

"You know nothing of Asgard. You will never know what I have sacrificed for this land yet you run your mouth as if you do. I am no Midgardian trash." Sif screamed.

"Get back!" I heard Eira scream. "Get away from my sister!"

"Eira, I can handle myself." Vigdis pushed Sif back causing her to fall. She pointed the edge of her sword at Sif's neck.

Clapping interrupted Viggy's thoughts. She peered over he shoulder to see Loki looking satisfied and Thor looking horrified at the fate of his friend.

"You will not be this lucky next time." Viggy growled under her breath and sheathed Andlát walking away without another word.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback is always appreciated.