Alice Returning

Breaking the News

"I'm leaving," As I say it seems as if a great weight is lifted off my chest in the most delightful way.

"Where? When? For how long? Why?" Lord Ascot questioned. All reasonable questions with no real answers, not for him that is.

"Somewhere you'll never find me, today, forever, and i don't really know." I fib the last one, It's really quite simple.

I don't belong here.

"You're even madder than your father..." He says perspiration trickling down his forehead, he's worried about the business. It's quite obvious.

"You can handle the business, and besides i left a bit of inspiration to go off of in the study."

"It's still not the same..."

"I know, but you'll be fine." I assure him "I'll be off now, I'm going to meet my Mother for a goodbye before I... disappear." I say excitement seeping into my bones.

"Why such short short notice?"

"It's sudden for me too." I lie, i've always known this would happen. It's not necessarily the kind of thing that comes up in your daily small talk.

"Well... good bye then," Ascot says embracing me awkwardly "You're truly your father's daughter."

"I know, I wish you the best of luck."

"Thank you dear, We'll need it without you."

"You'll be fine, I promise."

Turning around I walk down the front steps and onto the carriage, my black and purple ruffled dress swaying with my movements.

"Good bye Alice!"

"Good bye." I say facing the front of the carriage as we take off down the rugged road.

Wonderland is just a few strides closer now.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is the beginning... I don't know how often i'm going to update but ya know... whatever! And don't judge me... I think Johnny Depp's portrayal of the Madhatter is hot....