Status: Hope you enjoy ♥

To the Death

Chapter 12

When Kacey woke up the following morning, she headed straight downstairs where Bobby, Sam and Dean were gathered around the living room table talking. As soon as she entered the room all three men fell silent, looking at each other nervously and avoiding Kacey's gaze.

"Okay, I know when I'm not wanted so I'm just going to go do some research, and let you guys finish the conversation I just interrupted."

Leaving the room again, she headed to the library to work on her plan for after the big fight, and it wasn't long before Dean joined her.

"What are you working on?"

"Just a plan in case anything goes wrong," Kacey mumbled not entirely sure if she was angry with him, or merely hurt by his secrecy.

"What have you got so far?" Dean asked.

"Why should I tell you, when you're obviously not sharing things with me?" Kacey snapped.

"We didn't tell you what we were talking about because it wasn't important Kace," Dean replied.

"Whatever."

Kacey stood up and went outside, throwing her fist into the wall again and again, before sitting on the steps. She put her head in her hands, thoughts flowing through her mind like a stream, and that's when she realised that she had to stop running… she had to face her fate head on.

The door closed behind her as someone exited the house, and sat beside her. She knew it was Dean just by the smell of his aftershave, but she didn't look up and kept her gaze on the ground.

"We've been trying to find a way to get you out of this deal, but we can't find anything that will help, that's why we stopped talking when you walked in… we didn't want to have to tell you that we didn't have anything," Dean mumbled from beside her.

"Perhaps we're not suppose to stop it, maybe this isn't something we can avoid and I get that now… we need to concentrate on the battle."

"We can do both, there's always a way Kacey, you just need to have a little faith and hold on in there," Dean said his voice filled with determination.

"I stopped having faith in anything a long time ago, I've already made my decision and it's not going to change," Kacey replied.

"What decision have you made?" Dean asked concern clear in his tone as he looked over at her.

"Once the battle is done and I know that everyone is okay, I'm handing myself over," Kacey announced standing up and heading to her room.

She stood staring out the window, waiting for Dean to follow her and she didn't have to wait long. A few minutes later the door was thrown open by Dean, who walked in, slamming the door behind him and making his way towards her.

"Do you want to run that plan by me one more time?"

"I'm not going to repeat myself Dean, you heard what I said and it's the choice I've made."

"That isn't a plan Kacey, that's suicide," Dean shouted causing Kacey to flinch slightly, "You can't just give yourself over to them… you're stronger than that."

"I'm so tired of running and looking over my shoulder all the damn time. I don't like the way your dad does things, but he was right about one thing… me being around puts everyone in danger and I can't do it anymore."

"Don't do that, after everything do not give up...Kacey, look at me," Dean stated but Kacey refused, "I know you're scared, not that you'll admit it but I am right here with you, and so are the others… please fight this...for me."

"There is no way out of this… not for me anyway, my life was over the moment my mum sealed that deal but that doesn't mean I can't help before my time comes."

"So that's it… you aren't going to fight or anything?" Dean asked.

"Dean…" Kacey said as he walked away keeping his back to her.

"Just answer me this, why are you so quick to give up on yourself, when my dad has given you numerous reasons to give up on me and Sam, but you haven't?" Dean asked turning to look at her.

"You and Sam have become a huge part of my life, and I won't turn my back on you… I can't. Like you said we need everyone in this fight if we want to win and I can help."

"Do you really not give a damn about yourself?" Dean snapped.

"I do Dean but some things just can't be fixed, this is out of my hands and deep down you know that. Can we please just concentrate on the big battle for now?" Kacey replied calmly approaching him.

Dean looked at her, nodding his head in defeat and pulling her into his arms. She needed to make him realise that the deal was set in stone, and that whatever happened to her was just the way things were suppose to be.

"Kacey," Dean whispered causing Kacey to look up at him expectantly but instead of talking Dean leant in and kissed her gently.

The kiss deepened as Kacey wrapped her arms around Dean's neck, and Dean smiled. Everything seemed to melt away around them until someone cleared their throat behind them, causing them to turn around to find John and Kacey's dad Shane watching them.

"Are we interrupting something?" John asked looking less than impressed.

"Of course not," Kacey replied glaring at her dad.

"Let's head downstairs then, we have some information about this upcoming battle that everyone needs to hear," John said.

Dean took Kacey's hand, entwining their fingers, before heading down the stairs and joining the others.

"So what's this information you have for us?" Bobby asked.

"Okay, so we know that the battle will start on the night of the full moon, but what we didn't know was where it would start," Shane stated.

"You know where?" Sam inquired.

"Kansas, it's going to start at home boys."

Dean's grip tightened on Kacey's hand, and she looked over at him. His eyes were glazed over, a haunting look present in his eyes, and Kacey realised that he was scared by the prospect of having to go home.

"It's probably best if she stays here," Shane said causing everyone's heads to snap towards him apart from John's.

"Why?" Sam questioned angrily.

"She has demons after her Sam, it won't be safe as it is without extra demons showing up," Shane added.

"His right… besides I have some things to do here, I'll be fine."

"I don't like this one bit, just so we're clear," Dean added letting go of Kacey's hand.

"Sam, can I talk to you for a minute?" Kacey asked.

Dean watched them suspiciously as Sam nodded, and they headed outside.

"What's up Kace?"

"I need you to do me a favour," Kacey said.

"Okay, what is it?"

"I want you to keep hold of these," Kacey said handing Sam a rosary with an ivory cross and a DVD she had made, "The DVD is for you and Dean, but don't watch it until after the battle and the rosary is for Dean."

"Okay, but I'm confused we're going to see you soon anyway?" Sam replied frowning slightly at her request.

"Just promise me Sam please?" Kacey begged.

"Okay."

Kacey hugged him, and looked up as Dean walked out to join them, Sam pulled away and walked off leaving them alone.

"I don't feel right leaving you here on your own," Dean said looking at her.

"I'll be fine, they need you in Kansas Dorothy," Kacey joked earning a chuckle from Dean.

Kacey hugged him and he held her tight, kissing her head before burying his face in her neck. They stayed like that until the door opened and the others emerged. Dean reluctantly let her go, kissing her quickly on the lips, before breaking away from her and heading towards the Impala.

"Dean," Kacey called feeling the tears roll down her face, Dean stopped as soon as he heard his name, "watch your back."

"You too," Dean replied looking torn between staying and going, but he finally turned to the Impala and got in.

She watched as they all left and then jumped in her truck, which had already been packed, heading off to the one place she had avoided for years.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Reading Guys ♥