Status: Hope you enjoy ♥

To the Death

Chapter 2

An hour later there was a knock at the door, Kacey looked through the peep hole smiling when she saw that it was Dean, and opened the door. Glancing behind him at who she guessed was his brother, Kacey smiled again and stepped aside to let them in

"Kacey, this is my younger brother Sam, Sammy this is Kacey," Dean said.

"It's nice to meet you," Kacey added to Sam who smiled.

"You too."

Kacey grabbed them both a beer, before they got down to business and started discussing the case.

"So you said you had a couple of theories?" Dean asked.

"Yeah but like I said they are both crazy… At first I was thinking that maybe someone is bringing fairytales to life, like bringing the characters out of the books but I was also thinking about kid's nightmares or dreams," Kacey replied realizing just how crazy those theories were.

"You mean like kiss the frog and you get a prince kind of fairytales?" Dean inquired earning a frown from Sam who hadn't spoken.

"I wish… I'm thinking more along the lines of the Grimm Brothers versions, no happy ending, just the truth."

"The fairytale theory makes more sense and it fits as well, the wolf, the three pigs from the other report and Dean told me that Mr Weston mentioned a little girl in red," Sam said.

"Plus I looked back through other reports and I found others that fit, there was a girl that slept for three years after pricking her finger on a rose bush thorn, not exactly sleeping beauty but come on that's still strange. Then there was another girl whose hair grew to extreme lengths and she couldn't leave the house, I bet if we dug deeper we’d find more."

"So we're looking for someone with the power to pull characters from stories?" Sam asked frowning.

"My first guess would be a witch," Dean added.

"They'd need to be able to do a conjuring spell, which means we're possibly looking at the dark side of magic," Kacey suggested.

"Well there's a magic shop in town, we should check that out first and see what we can find out," Sam replied.

"Agreed," The others said in unison and they all got up.

"Let's head out."

"Whose car are we taking?" Kacey asked looking over at Dean.

"Be best to take yours, mine will be too easy to recognise in this town."

"Works for me," Kacey said as she opened the door to leave.

"Do you have weapons?" Sam inquired causing Kacey to swing round in the doorway and glare at him.

"Of course I have weapons. What sort of hunter would I be if I didn't bring weapons to a job?" Kacey exclaimed offended.

Kacey turned leading the way to her SUV, opening her boot to reveal her armoury, before turning to Sam and Dean who were staring. The impressed look on their faces made her chuckle as she closed the boot, noticing the familiar glint in their eyes and climbing into the drivers seat.

When they arrived at the magic shop, all three of them climbed out, staring up at the building in disbelief. The paint on the front of the building was extremely faded and paint peeled off of the name, which was unreadable from the amount of damage. They all looked at one another and with a shrug from Dean, they all walked inside.

Kacey tried her hardest to hold in the laughter as they entered, crystal balls were suspended from the ceiling, and signs that read ‘hear your fortune here’ were placed at random intervals around the store.

"That's what I thought but I was trying to be business like," Dean said as he and Sam joined in the laughter.

"Is something funny?" came a female voice from next to them making them all jump.

"It's nothing, just an inside joke and to be honest it's not even that funny," Kacey stuttered, smiling at the lady who was dressed like a Clair Voyant.

"In that case, may I help you with something?"

"We're doing a class paper on Wiccan spells and history, we was hoping that you stocked the ingredients for a summoning spell or a conjuring spell?" Kacey asked politely taking the lead.

"A summoning spell is what you want, they are for beginners and we do have everything you need."

"That's good to know, is there any chance that you could give us a list of people who have bought the ingredients for that, say in the last three weeks?” Sam added smiling at the lady, “It would be helpful if we could talk to them about it, and get some information from them for our paper."

"Not without permission from the customer," The lady said impatiently.

Dean had wandered off to explore the shop and see if he could find anything that could help them, whilst Sam and Kacey did the talking.

"How much do you charge for all the spell ingredients?" Kacey inquired.

"One hundred and twenty five dollars, that's for some very rare ingredients and you get a spell book as well."

"That's a really good deal. Would you be able to pack it all up for us?" Kacey inquired with an excited look at Sam.

"Of course but I will need some help, there is a lot to get."

"That's fine, we'll come and help you," Sam added.

Kacey looked at Dean who gave her a small nod; the lady led the way over to the far side of the shop, with Kacey and Sam trailing behind. As they moved through the store, Kacey couldn't believe how messy it was, books on witchcraft were stacked to the ceiling and ingredients were scattered all over the place.

Sam watched the lady closely as she began putting different ingredients into a large paper bag, which Sam was holding in his arms. Kacey glanced over at Dean who was stood behind the front desk, writing down the names and addresses that they needed.

Kacey heard Sam start asking questions so that the ladies attention stayed off of Dean, who nodded and just managed to get back across the store, as the lady turned and headed back to the till.

"Is that all you will be needing?"

"Yes thank you," Sam said.

The lady, who in the entire time that they were in the shop had avoided giving her name, placed a few more items in the bag and looked at Kacey.

"That's one hundred and twenty five dollars then."

Kacey handed over the money with a small smile, then followed Sam and Dean out onto the street. No one spoke until they reached the SUV; the last thing they needed was the magic shopkeeper overhearing their conversation, and finding out what they were really doing there.

"That woman had no clue, half the ingredients she put in were wrong," Sam said breaking the silence.

"Did you notice how she avoided giving us her name… plus every other shop is well looked after and presentable, except hers. That makes me suspicious; she knows more than she's letting on," Kacey replied glancing back at the shop.

"I admit she was shady, there was only one person who bought all the right ingredients for the spell needed, and that's a Mrs Newton. I think we should check her out and then come back to Mrs shady shop lady later," Dean added.

"Did you get the address?" Sam asked looking at Dean.

"No Sam, I thought we'd ring her, so I just got the phone number… of course I got the address," Dean answered rolling his eyes, as Kacey laughed and started the engine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy reading ♥