Status: Hope you enjoy ♥

To the Death

Chapter 4

It was two a.m. when Kacey woke up to the same low snarl, that herself and Dean had heard earlier that day. Laying in silence, Kacey listened to the creature’s heavy breathing, and as much as she wanted to she couldn’t move. Kacey didn't know whether the boys had heard anything, but she knew for sure that it wasn't a nightmare. She stared into the darkness, allowing her eyes to adjust, but as she looked closer she suddenly realised that the room was even darker at the end of her bed.

After a few moments she decided to turn on the light, she knew she had no chance fighting this thing in the dark. Moving her hand slowly across the wall, Kacey felt around for the plastic switch, which she knew was close. Finally her fingers made contact with the square of cold plastic and she flicked the switch on; her eyes widening in terror.

There, towering at the foot of her bed was a very large, grey wolf, the same wolf she had seen at the magic store. Kacey glanced over at the other bed to find Sam and Dean wide-awake, glancing at Dean’s hand she noticed that it was under his pillow, his fingers probably wrapped tightly around the ivory grip of his gun.

Kacey slid her hand behind her, under her pillow, feeling the coldness of the metal grip in her hand. She waited a few seconds, before giving Dean a quick nod and together they drew their weapons, firing three shots at their target. The wolf howled in surprised as the bullets hit home, then without warning the wolf vanished; leaving Kacey, Dean and Sam all staring at nothing, they all let out long breaths of relief.

"Somehow I don't think this can wait until tomorrow," Sam said.

"Agreed. We need to go over to shady ladies house and finish this," Kacey added looking at them both.

"Any chance of breakfast first?" Dean asked.

"We'll eat first, there's a twenty-four seven diner about fifteen minutes from here, and we can come up with some sort of plan whilst we eat," Kacey replied with an amused smile.

They all got ready, and then reloaded their weapons before heading to the diner. They found a quiet table in the corner, so that no one would over hear their conversation and ordered some food.

"So what's the plan?" Dean asked.

"I think we need to hit hard and hit fast, before she can conjure anymore creatures from fairy tales. There is plenty she can choose from and none of them are good," Kacey replied cutting her sentence short as the waitress brought over their food.

"I can think of a few that I wouldn't want to go up against if I'm honest, what do we do about her?" Sam added once the waitress was gone.

"If we just destroy the altar she can easily make another one, we need a more permanent solution, one that will stop her completely," Dean said.

"Kill her?" Sam suggested.

"She's human Sam," Dean replied, looking shocked by his brother's response.

"She's also a witch that's conjuring up dangerous characters from story books Dean. If we don't make a move, someone could end up getting seriously hurt," Sam growled.

"We don't even know that it's her," Dean snapped back.

"Enough already, we can't kill her but maybe we can bind her powers," Kacey suggested.

"You know how to do that?" Dean asked.

"I know how but I've never actually tried it," Kacey replied shrugging slightly.

"It's worth a try though," Sam added seemingly forgetting the anger he had just shown towards his brother.

They finished eating, and then returned to the truck, retrieving everything Kacey would need for the spell from the trunk. Sam drove over to the shady shopkeeper's house, whilst Kacey sorted things out in the back with Dean. She decided that it would be easier to do the spell before heading into the house, so as soon as Sam pulled up outside, Kacey read the incantation adding the ingredients as she needed too.

When she had finished they all jumped out and Dean led them up to the front of the house, kicking down the door. They rushed through clearing each room as they moved forward; finally they found the room where the altar was, positioned in the centre of the room surrounded by strange symbols. The shady shopkeeper was knelt before it, chanting in Latin, as Dean, Sam and Kacey entered the room behind her. They didn't bother being quiet, as Dean had already alerted the woman to their presence.

"What did you do?" The woman asked turning around to face them; Kacey stared at the woman whose face had begun to melt.

"We bound your powers," Kacey answered.

"You stupid little girl, do you see what you have done to me?"

"What you're doing is wrong, you can't keep doing it and you needed to be stopped before someone got killed," Sam added angrily.

"You won't get away with this," The woman replied grabbing a gun and pointing it at Kacey's head; everyone froze but before the woman's finger even brushed the trigger, Kacey fired two rounds.

The woman fell to the ground, and Dean cautiously approached the body to check her pulse. As he reached forward to place his fingers on her neck, the body disintegrated into ash and fell through the floorboards. Kacey stood staring at where the body had fallen, she jumped slightly as Dean put his hand on her arm.

"Are you okay?" he whispered.

"That was the first person I've shot, demons, a wendigo even but nothing that was remotely human."

"The only thing that made her human was the magic Kace," Sam said giving her a small smile.

"Come on, let's get out of here before the police turn up," Dean added steering Kacey out of the house and to the truck.

Kacey drove them back to the motel and they all climbed out. She leaned up against her truck, waiting for the boys to get their stuff, then hugged Sam goodbye before he took his and Dean's stuff into their room.

"It's been fun," Kacey said smiling.

"Yeah it has, here take my number for if you ever need help on a case or just want to talk," Dean replied passing Kacey a piece of paper with his number on it.

"I will do," Kacey added also writing down her number and handing it over.

"So we'll see you around?"

"I hope so."

"Keep out of trouble; I want you in one piece when we see each other next."

"Me. Trouble. Never," Kacey said laughing.

She hugged him and kissed him on the cheek, before heading into her room to collect her stuff. When she walked back out to get everything packed into her truck, Sam and Dean were standing at the trunk of the Impala.

"Kacey?" Dean called.

"Yeah?" Kacey shouted, turning around to look at him.

"Look after yourself."

"You too… Both of you."

She chucked her bags in the back and climbed into the driver's seat, the boys waved as she pulled away, heading to her next case.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy reading guys ♥