Status: one shot

Breaking Out

Please don't leave , I need you more than you'll ever known.

Her brown hair cascaded over her small shoulders. Her smile light up the room. She was every man’s dream , and she was all mine.

Was.

Claurize Richards was once mine. She once held my hand , and kissed my lips. She once smiled at me , she once told me she loved me.

But I screwed it up.
I screwed it all up.

All my hard work the last 5 years was destroyed by one sentence

One day

One lie.

I promised her I would get out of the mob business , when I proposed to her and she believed me.
All my friends got out :

Zacky , Jimmy , Johnny and Brian.

They all walked away.

What did I do?

I made them promise to not say anything to Clauri , I made them promise to lie to their best friend.

She always supported my choice of work , always prayed that I would be alright and not go to jail.

She always hoped that I will break the mob business.

I didn’t.

I lied.

I broke her heart.

I lost her.

I was with some other mobsters when it happened.

We were robbing the bank , as cliche as it might be.

We didn’t kill anyone , just took their money and somehow the police got involved.

The police catched me and Ryan , we were sentenced for a year.

Claurize saw it on the news , that’s what Brian said. She stormed to prison and demanded for me to see her. The police officer was taken aback by the small angry girl and called out to me , to tell me I have a visitor.

My heart dropped at the sight of Claurize , who’s face conjourned a mixture of heartache and anger.
I grabbed the telephone , “Clau-“

She cut me off with her angry voice “you promised me!” she screamed through the phone. I flinched.
“I know. I’m so-“

“I’m not finished Matthew” she snarled.

“I trusted you. I believed you when you said it’s over. You’re done with the mob like the rest. You told me I can stop worrying” she continued , tears falling down her face and all I wanted to do was console her but the glass seperating us , ad the fact that she’d slap my hand away , refrained me from doing so.

“I’m sorry baby , I am. I love you so much and I’m so sorry”

“We’re done Matt. It’s over.”

My eyes widened “baby please” I begged but she already threw the telephone down and left.

“Claurize” I yelled. She was already gone.

But now.

One year later.

There she is.

Here I am.

Together in the same room at Brian and Michelle’s wedding.

“Claurize” her name rolled off my tongue , “dance with me please”

She looked at me , her eyes narrowed. “are you done? With the mob?”

I nodded “this time. I promise you. I’m not lying anymore. I swear it’s over. The mob is history”

She smiled at me and took my hand in hers.

Then I guess I owe you a dance”