New school, New life, New twisted love?!

911, this is an emergency.

Audrey's POV:

Dave and I were walking to school today. It was a nice day outside, the clouds were clear, the sky blue, the sun shinging arround us. But, it was a little too bright for Dave. He is still young, about.. 100 or so?, or.. in human years, he looked about 16 or 17.But I, myself, can handle the sun now - i just unlocked that skill last year. Alright so the thing is that Dave and I are demons. Dave could read peoples minds, and I had the power of invisiblity, I could also see some parts of people's futures and past, but I can not turn that power on and off like my other powers, not yet anyways. We both had superhuman speed, strength and beauty as well. Now, us being demons certently is not the worst thing that is happening in this school, we are not the only 'people' with superpowers... we are the least of their worries...

We had finally arrived at the school, having to act like a mortal was really tiring work you no. As I looked arround, I could not find Sara. I could see the jocks, populars, cheerleaders, loners- or 'floaters' as some people call them, the math club, the even nerdier people.. but no Sara.

"Uh, can you see Sara anywhere arround here?" I asked dave. You see, Sara's never late for school, and she defentaly would never go on the pip, or not show up, she has perfect attendance. "nope. I dont see her anywhere, or sence her arround here either..." We both looked at each other, obviously worried and took off for the school. I saw something black, almost like a shadow, huddled in the corner by my locker.

"oh my god.. are you alright?" I heard Dave ask. I was frozen in my spot, she looked terrible! I have never seen someone hurt so bad before.. and Sara cant heal herself, she was just a poor, innocent.. human girl. Who would do something like this.. to her! "I ... i ... im finneeee.." she studdered and then winced as a wave of pain washed over her ribs, what had happened to her? then ...

it hit me.

{flashback, seen by audrey}

it was sara, she looked to be about 5 or 6 years old, she was just sitting on the floor reading the book "Green eggs ans Ham" she was laughing, she looked so happy. "I do not like them Sam I am .. " she read aloud and then laughed, pointing joyously to the picture, but this happy moment was quickly changing.

I could hear someone's advancing footsteps, and a man was yelling from outside the room sara was in. "you peice of dirt, come here.. NOW!" the man yelled, he sounded drunk.. Sara wimpered and looked arround for a place to hide. But, she was too slow. The man came at her, yelling so loudly, so rudly at her. Thats when my shock came "daddy! daddy, please, dont.. not again, PLEASE!" this man was her dad?! He then kicked a small side table, sending it flying through the air untill it colided with sara's small body. She was on the floor, clutching her stomak, she looked so helpless, no, she was helpless. I than saw somehting glinting in the man's pocket.. a knife!

He came towords her so fast, and then he beat her. He punched her, he kicked her, he slapped her, all this and more. Just when i thought that this mad man was done beating up his OWN daughter, he pulled out the knife, and sent it flying into her stomak. "Uh, yes 911. this is an emergency.. my beloved daughter, she.. stabbed herself."

{end flashback}

I was shocked at what i had just seen. That man - Sara's dad, beat her so badly. Mabye he still does, and he never will stop, untill one of them dies. Why would he want to do such a thing, to his own family? to his own daughter?!

I felt a long, single tear roll effertlessly down my cheek. "Oh no, not you too.." i heard Dave say under his breath. Whats with him and always trying to "lighen the mood"? i thought as i ran up to sara and instantly, but gently hugged her. Its okay, your okay, im here, WERE here, shhh.." i wispered softly into her hair.