Status: work in progress

God's Silence

Silence Enters

Eric's head turned quickly and even Sookie, who had been reaming him out about the black human in the basement, quieted as he raised his hand. No one was supposed to be coming into the bar today as this was the one day a week they were closed, which had worked out well with Sookie's injury the night before. The tall blonde Viking calmly moved to the front door of his establishment, unlocking the dead-bolt and slowly swinging the door open.

Icy blue eyes met inhuman liquid-mercury ones set in a small, cherubic face with soft skin and pert rosy lips. Long black eye-laces blinked up at him as the female he looked down upon gave a gentle smile but said nothing. Something about her seemed to draw his gaze into her own, losing himself in those silver pools as she refused to waver her gaze from his. It was a unsure, whispered "Alara?" from Sookie Stackhouse that had Eric breaking free of whatever spell this woman had used to draw him in. He stepped back, refusing to meet this person's gaze again, unsure of what she was. She smelled...the memory flashed through his mind so rapidly that he almost couldn't firmly grasp hold of it. She smelled like the earth he had woken up to when his maker had made him vampire. It was a clean scent, natural and he was surprised to find himself unable to discern where that scent ended and the coppery scent of her blood began.

"You know this person, Miss Stackhouse?" he asked, eyeing the blonde woman who had only minutes ago slapped him across the face in her rage at finding out her friend Lafayette was locked away in his basement for selling vampire blood.

Said blonde nodded, looking a little unsure as she walked around him to be closer to their uninvited guest. Without meeting the otherworldly woman's eyes, Eric took in her appearance. She stood at probably 5'2", only slightly shorter than his maker, which in his mind was a feat given how small his maker was compared to himself. Her hair was pitch black, most of it having been pulled up into a bun at the back of her head. Two thick curls hung at the side of her face, perfect ringlets that bounced as she walked forward to wrap her arms around Sookie in a gentle hug. The woman wasn't wearing any shoes, which Eric found extremely strange and he could feel his progeny's shock, unsurprising given Pam's love of footwear. What stood out most to the thousand-year-old vampire, other than the woman's supernaturally silver eyes, was what she seemed to be wearing, or possibly the lack thereof. Getting past the whole no-shoes bit, the woman seemed to be wearing nothing else other than an extremely over-sized black hoodie that zipped up the front and reached only to about mid-thigh. Of course, it being so large, there was every chance that she was dressed underneath but he saw nothing but tiny hands, her neck and head, and a pair of, what appeared to be, slim, creamy bare legs.

"Alara, what are you doing here? I haven't seen you in...oh god its been what, ten years or more? My lord you still look the same as you did back then, though I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Still no luck, even after all this time?" Sookie asked, sounding worried for the smaller woman, who by the way she reacted to Sookie and also Sookie's words, was most definitely older than she seemed. If Eric was a betting man, he would have put money on the small female being only, at most, 20 years old, and that was pushing it. Her face was soft, a light dusting of healthy pink gracing her cheeks, no wrinkles, and plump, inviting lips, giving her visage a very youthful appearance.

Eric watched as this woman, Alara, if she was who Sookie thought her to be, simply looked at the blonde woman, smiling softly. Eric watched suspiciously as Sookie hugged the woman to her again without the black-haired woman saying a word. "Oh I'm so sorry to hear that. If you want I could help maybe? I have much better control now if you want me to pick around for some answers." Sookie suggested, and Eric's interest peaked. It sounded as if Sookie was offering her telepathic assistance to this woman for some reason.

Alara shook her head, black ringlets swaying slightly. Again, no words left her but Sookie seemed to understand what was going on in the conversation when no one else did. Eric wondered for a moment if they were communicating telepathically. Sookie seemed to startle at something. "Oh, I can't believe I forgot!" she then spun back around, glaring her pretty brown eyes up at Eric. He felt almost disappointed that they weren't as entrancing as Alara's silver ones but was quick to shake that thought from his head. "Do not think for one second that we are done talking about what you've been doing to Lafayette in that disgusting basement of yours, Eric!"

The blonde male chuckled. "I wouldn't dream of forgetting, Sookie." he purred, leaning down to leer at her. "Why don't we step into my office and we can discuss a...compromise."

Sookie glared at him straight in the eye, her gaze flickering back to Alara for a moment as if she heard something and then she straightened up, eyes softening only slightly. "Only if Alara can come with me."

Eric wasn't all that surprised by the request given how the Stackhouse woman was acting when it came to the knew arrival and besides, he was quite intrigued to see how the evening might progress with this new addition. "Of course, I also have plenty of questions for your...friend." he glanced back at Alara and saw the petite woman standing calmly off to the side, not seeming to be worried at all about what was going on around her. She raised her mirrored gaze to his face and he found himself once again staring into the mercurial pools. Her face was soft and gentle and he wondered for a moment just what she was that she could be so calm. Her heartbeat was steady, as was her breathing. She seemed as if she didn't have a care in the world. "This way." He said, motioning with his head for everyone to follow as he led Bill, Sookie, Pam and Alara into his office.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woop second chapter. I am using this as a bit of a rest from NaNoWriMo. I just hit over 40,000 words yesterday and kind of just want to relax back a little bit so I don't get myself too worked up. I know I have another story on hold to and I will get back to that, but this one has been swirling in my head for the last two days. Thanks for visiting!