Status: work in progress

God's Silence

Silence Arouses

Godric stood in his living room speaking with Isabelle and some of his other underlings, reassuring them he was perfectly fine. His sea-green eyes cast out around the room, instinctively searching out the woman who had caught his attention from the time he had first laid eyes on her. If he remembered correctly, she had accompanied the blonde female, who's name he had learned was Sookie Stackouse, to get some more appropriate clothing as Miss Stackhouse's had been slightly destroyed by Gabe at the church.

He knew immediately when the two woman re-entered the room. Alara's earthy scent washed over him like a calming wave and Godric realized that he had not truly felt calm in many, many years. He watched Miss Stackhouse talk the shorter woman into removing the large hoodie she had been wearing and Godric wondered if she did indeed have something on underneath. The zipper came down and Alara slid the jacket of her shoulders. Godric felt his fangs click into place behind his lips and glancing quickly over to his progeny who he had seen enter the room only moments before, he could see Eric was having the same problem.

She may have been petite-ly built, but the only word Godric could bring to mind as he looked at Alara was perfection. She had indeed had clothing on underneath the rather hideous hoodie. She was wearing a pure white, silk dress that tied around her neck with an open back down to just above her tail bone, showing off the flawless, sun-kissed skin of her back. He noticed what almost looked like birthmarks, they blended so well with her skin tone, but he suspected they were tattoos. A pair of angel wings spread out across her shoulder blades and down her back, almost touching as they met at the bottom of her spine. The dress was snug around her slim waist and came down around her ample bottom, but only just. As Alara turned to hand her blonde companion the jacket, Godric noticed she was wearing nothing to restrict her very...plentiful bosom. The neckline of the dress went down in light folds, showing about an inch or two of tantalizing cleavage that had Godric salivating...if he could have.

Silver eyes turned to look at him and Godric felt arousal spark through him as Alara smiled alluringly at him. Eric moved toward her and she turned her head up to him, stretching her delectably tan neck. His Childe placed a hand on the bare skin of the woman's back but she seemed unaffected by the difference in temperature between them as Eric led her over to him, and Miss Stackhouse followed just behind them. Godric swallowed unnecessarily as he forced his fangs back into place. He had no idea he could still lose control like the teenager that he had been turned as.

Eric nodded deeply to him. "Master, I would like to introduce you to the two young women who have been of great help to me. You were only able to meet them briefly before." Godric nodded his head, waiting patiently as etiquette demanded for Eric to continue. "Miss Stackhouse was kind enough to lend me her telepathic abilities on more than one occasion," he motioned to the blond that stood behind Alara's right shoulder, who he nodded his acknowledgement to, "and this is Alara."

Godric's eyes darkened as he looked down at the sensual woman before him. She smiled softly up at him, her opalescent eyes shining alluringly. Godric forced his gaze up to the blonde before he lost control of himself again. "Thank you for all of your help, Miss Stackhouse. I cannot begin to tell you how refreshing it is to see a human who does not cower away from our kind."

Miss Stackhouse smiled wdely. "Oh that's no problem at all, and please call me Sookie. Miss Stackhouse makes me feel a little old." Godric felt a small smile tug at the corner of his mouth.

Turning his eyes back to Alara, he tried to reign in whatever pull he felt for the mysterious woman. "Thank you for being of help to Eric, I know he can be trying at times."

She raised a hand to her mouth and seemed to giggle silently behind it, eyes filled with mirth. Godric was surprised when Sookie spoke instead of Alara. "She says, 'You're welcome, and trying is a very tame term for this Viking'."

Godric looked quizzically between the three and Eric spoke up. "Forgive me for not explaining sooner, Godric. Alara cannot speak. Sookie translates for her using her telepathy." Ah, that would explain it. Unfortunately they did not have much more time to talk as other vampires and their human pets were beginning to arrive to greet him on his safe return.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He did not recognize this particular human companion as he moved out of the doorway when the new arrival called for everyone's attention. Time seemed to slow as he watched the young man unzip his jacket to reveal a bomb loaded with pure silver and wooden shrapnel. Godric heard Sookie's shout of "Alara no!" before he saw the small female appear in front of the bomber. He thought he was hallucinating somehow as he saw a pair of large, sparkling silver wings appear from Alara's back and wrap around the man she stood in front of. The last thought that passed through his mind before he was blown back by the explosion, was that he didn't want to live in a world where he would never lay eyes upon that mysterious woman again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woot! WINGS! thinks are getting tense, and I mean in the good way! *wiggles eyebrows suggestively* thanks for reading and have a nice day!