Status: This will be an ongoing story, updating whenever my schedule allows time for such! No copyright infringements here. I don't know Mr. O'Donoghue or any other non-fictional characters listed. This is for fun, capiche? I hope you all enjoy! And please if you read, leave me a comment! : ]

Thou Shalt Not

chaptern i n e

The next couple weeks flew by and Friendsgiving at my place was coming up. I hadn't participated in Canada's Thanksgiving and decided to celebrate American Thanksgiving here in Canada. I had invited Crystal and Tom, Josh and Ginnifer, Robert and Colin. Justin and Justin's date would be there and I felt that was plenty. Plus, Friendsgiving was about friends. I didn't want a bunch of people there I really didn't know.

True, I didn't know Josh and Ginnifer that well but they were Colin's good friends and Josh seemed to be Tom's very best friend. I thought it would be nice for all of us to get together. It would guarantee no drama - I hoped.

I had told Robert about Colin and I when I could no longer hide it anymore. Colin had been making frequent stops in the mornings and afternoons while I was doing Robert's makeup. He wasn't dumb and while he had always been polite about it, he'd always say after Colin left the trailer, "I know he isn't here to visit with me, sweets. You can tell me now because I think I already know."

So I confessed.

He seemed to be like everyone else - wishing me a life of happiness and not the desperation that came with being with Gunner, whom I still was currently dating. I hadn't broke up with him yet. He had been on a drunken binge so much lately that I hadn't even talked to him. He spent his nights out all night doing God knows what and then sleeping it off all day.

I was able to have one half-sober conversation with him, though. I told him I wasn't coming home for Thanksgiving. He thought we were working through the holiday and I didn't tell him any different.

The house was empty. The other makeup artists, apart from Justin, had went home for their Thanksgiving break. I was hosting our Friendsgiving at our rental and I was wondering why the hell I hadn't took up Crystal's offer on catering. The turkey had been cooking for hours, Justin couldn't even open a can of cranberry sauce and I was losing my patience.

Justin and Justin's on-and-off again boyfriend, Scotty, played around the table. They were supposed to be setting up the festive dinner and flatware but the only thing they were doing was making it harder than it was. "Just fuck the name tags, Justin. Throw them out. I don't care anymore. You guys can sit on the kitchen floor for all I care." I said and let the oven door slam shut. "Me-ow," Justin said and crumpled up the name tags to throw into the trash.

"Everything smells so delicious. I'm starting to drool, seriously." Scotty said as he started to light the candles in the center of the table. "Oh my gosh! I know!" Justin exclaimed as he adjusted the burnt orange tie around his black shirt. "Quit trying to butter me up. I still can't believe I'm stuck doing all of this by myself." I scoffed and started to work on cutting the damn cranberry sauce. "That's all you, honey. I don't cook." Justin said, putting his hands up in defense. "Help me do something, Justin. Set the alcohol over on the table by the window." I said and pointed towards the small table that had been covered with a brown tablecloth.

Justin huffed but got to work to pulling the alcohol out of the refrigerator and the freezer. "Oooh," Scotty cooed once he seen the array of alcohol. "Are we going to have a kiki?" He asked, his mouth open in excitement. "God, I hope not." I scoffed. "Well the others are gone." Scotty said. "Good riddance. They didn't do anything but sit around here and gay bash me." Justin pouted. I whipped my head around once I had pulled the turkey out of the oven. "They didn't gay bash you, Justin. You and your guests were always walking around naked." I rolled my eyes. "He did not!" Scotty cried. I looked at him and rolled my eyes again.

"Okay, someone please cut the damn turkey. I've got to finish getting ready." I said and stepped around the kitchen island. "I'm so glad you wore those. They were getting no use in that underwear drawer of yours." Scotty laughed as he watched me adjust the nude, sparkling tights that I wore underneath my dress. "I knew I'd find a time to wear them eventually." I smiled and stood up. I ran to grab my heels from my bedroom and freshen up.

I buckled my shoes and fluffed my hair. I quickly spritz myself with perfume and headed back to the front of the house. I caught Crystal and Tom pulling in from the window and announced their arrival. "Just wait until you see him. He's gorgeous." Justin said as him and Scotty walked into the living room. "You two are so weird." I shook my head and swung the front door open.

"The only reason I even tolerate this damn holiday is because you make pie and Lacie cooks." Tom scoffed as they reached the front door. I pulled the screen door open and motioned them in. "Oh, shut up. You get my pie all the time." Crystal argued suggestively. All three of us looked at them as they came to halt. "Was that loud?" Crystal asked with a bashful grin on her face. "Of course it was loud! You've got the biggest bloody mouth-" Tom started to rant on but Crystal hushed him with a slap to the arm. She walked further inside and pulled me into a hug.

"You look great and the house smells amazing." She smiled as she handed me the two covered pies she had made. "Come have a drink, you're going to need it." I laughed and inconspicuously nodded towards Justin and Scotty who stood fawning over Tom like a piece of meat. "Jesus," Crystal said and followed me into the kitchen. I put the pies down onto the counter and got a glance of the turkey that looked to have been completely butchered. "Justin motherfucking Anderson! Why did you do this to the turkey? It looks like we picked it up off the side of the road!" I yelled. Crystal peered over my shoulder and let out a sound of disgust.

"I have done everything by myself while those two have played all day." I said quietly. "I'm sorry. You know I would have helped. Stupid delays," Crystal huffed and grabbed the wine glasses from the cupboard. "I know, I know. It's not your fault. I'm just ready to sit down and fucking eat." I said and picked up one of the empty glasses. Crystal grabbed a bottle of wine from the alcohol table and filled our glasses to the brim. I took a satisfying gulp. "A van just pulled in." Justin announced. "A van?" I asked and walked back into the living room with Crystal following behind.

"We look like a bunch of dogs staring out the window." I laughed as all of us, minus Tom, stared out the screen door. "I feel like one - the way you've talked to me today." Justin pretended to pout. "Shit," I scoffed. The van seemed to be carrying the remaining of our guests. Everyone piled out of the van all at once but all I saw was Colin. He had a smile on his face, obviously laughing about something before he got out of the van. He wore my favorite dark wash jeans and a red plaid button up shirt.

"Go bend over the stove or something." Crystal said and elbowed me. "Yeah!" Scotty agreed. "Go pretend you dropped something!" Justin added. I shook my head. "You guys are idiots. If I'm going to bend over, I'm going to bend over, if ya know what I'm sayin'." I said with a sassy attitude. "Jesus Christ," Tom shamed us underneath his breath. "Uh huh, girrrrl," Scotty chimed, getting laughs from all three of us.

Everyone walked up to the door and Scotty just about barreled through us to open the door to greet them first. "Goddamn," I said and regained my balance on my shoes. "Welcome, welcome! Lacie has been cooking all day!" Scotty cheered. I hid my face in my hands and backed away from the door. I looked at Tom and he only shook his head. "Cheer up. You're best friend is here!" I snapped at him and turned to our guests who were walking into the house now.

Ginny and Josh walked in first. Tom immediately stood up and embraced Josh. Ginny pulled me into a hug. "It's so good to finally meet you! It smells wonderful. I wish you would have let me bring at least something." She said and pulled away. "It's nice to meet you, too! And no, no. I just wanted you guys to bring yourselves. Did you bring the baby with you?" I asked as I noticed he wasn't in sight. "We thought we'd leave him with the babysitter so we could have an adult dinner for once." She smiled. Her pixie cut framing perfectly around her face. "Oh, well, you could have brought him. I wouldn't have minded!" I smiled. She waved it off and Josh pulled me into a hug. "I sure am hungry. Good to see you again.," He chuckled. "Everything is ready. You guys go ahead in the kitchen." I smiled and watched everyone head into the kitchen.

And then I saw him.

He smiled and closed the gap between us in two long strides. He kissed my cheek and whispered, "You look beautiful." He pulled back and looked down at me. "You look handsome." I smiled and hooked a couple of my fingers with his. We just stood there looking at each other when I caught movement in my vision. I looked over Colin's shoulder at Justin and Scotty who were making crude motions and obscene gestures, referring to sex. I widened my eyes at them and then squinted them evilly, hoping they'd get the fucking clue. They did and hurriedly scampered off in the background.

I looked back up at Colin who smiled, "What was that?" I shook my head. "Nothing," I chuckled. "Where's Robert?" I asked, noticing he wasn't here. "He's coming in a little while. He was Skyping home for a little bit." Colin said and squeezed my fingers. "Are you hungry?" I asked. "Yes, starving actually." Colin smiled. "Then let's go feed you." I said and we walked into the kitchen, our fingers still linked as we stepped in with the crowd.

Our fingers stay linked until I handed him a plate and I had to let go, something already feeling off that I was no longer touching him. "What happened to this bloody bird?" Tom asked as he stopped in front of the turkey, holding his plate out. "Just eat the damn thing." I said and kicked his shoe. "I'm sure it tastes just fine." Ginny smiled as she waited behind him. "Yes, I'm sure it does." Josh added with a genuine smile. Bless their hearts. They were going to build me up even if the turkey tasted like shit. A knock on the door pulled away from the buffet line.

I slipped away and opened the door when I saw Robert standing outside. "Hi! I'm glad you could make it!" I smiled and he pulled me into a big bear hug. "Thanks, sweetheart. I had a call with the family and I needed to catch up." Robert smiled and shed his coat. I took it and hung it behind the door. "You're just in time! Everyone is getting ready to eat." I said and motioned towards the kitchen. "Great. I'm starving." He smiled and wrapped his arm around my waist. "You need to make sure you go back for seconds, sweetheart. You're getting so skinny." He said and tickled my side. "Nonsense." I chuckled and pulled away from the tickle.

When we joined everyone back in the kitchen, almost everyone was finished getting their food and taking their seats. Robert and I quickly made our plates and then joined everyone at the large, round table. I took the empty seat beside Colin and Robert sat down next to me. Colin's hand reached under the table and brushed my thigh. It was directly on my thigh that my dress had rose up from and the electric shock startled me. I exchanged a glance with him before looking back down at my plate. I wondered if he felt those little zings and zaps like I did?

Everyone ate dinner, talking among themselves and laughing. After dinner, we all had pumpkin and apple pie while the alcohol started to flow freely. "Now, Lacie, what are you drinking in that glass?" Tom asked with a his arm around the back of Crystal's chair and a smile on his face. He had cheered up once his stomach was full and he started drinking. "If that is the little concoction you and Crystal made up one night a year ago, put it down." Tom said. "What is it?" Colin asked and peered into my cup. "It's just vodka." I shrugged. "Yeah and what else?" Tom scoffed.

"Um," I hummed as I took a sip. "Yeah, it's just everything mixed together. Let me tell you what this thing did one night after drinking one too many of whatever the fuck is in her bloody cup." Tom laughed and Crystal slapped his arm. "We live on the beach so our backyard is technically some patches of grass here and there and then mostly sand, yeah? This thing," Tom says as he points at me. "Grabs a bloody spoon from the silverware drawer and goes out there and starts digging the grass and the sand up. There were holes everywhere and when I asked her why the hell she was doing that, she said, and I quote, "Fuck Farmville! That's why!" Tom pretended to mock me. I put my head in my hand in embarrassment. "Jesus. I hate you." I laughed when I sat back upright.

Crystal fell into a fit of laughter at the recollection of the memory but Tom quickly turned on her as well. "You're not any better, love. Crystal was so drunk one night, she was running down The Boulevard and knocks into this big bearded old man." Tom said, mimicking how long the guy's beard was with his hands. "I wasn't that drunk, Tom." Crystal said, trying to defend herself. "You wrapped your arms around him, gave him a bloody bear hug and screamed, "Dumbledore! I missed you!" Tom burst into laughter, leaning over the table. Crystal's face turned beet red. "You asshole. I hate that story." Crystal pouted. The table was erupting in laughter and even if it was at mine and Crystal's expense, I loved it. The happiness and joy that was packed into this room was something I was immensely thankful for.

"Are you sure you don't want me to stay and help clean up? Even just a little?" Ginny asked as Josh helped her into her coat at the front door. "No, no. I'll get it later. It's not going anywhere." I smiled as Colin and I stood with them. "And you're staying, right?" Josh asked as he shrugged into his own coat. "Yeah, I'm going to stay a little longer." Colin said and looked down at me. "Okay. We'll see you later then, buddy." Josh said and opened the door, ushering Ginny out in front of him. "Thanks again, Lacie! Everything was just so wonderful." Ginny called behind her.

"You're sure you can drive home?" I asked as Robert was the next to leave. "I didn't drink very much, Lace. I believe you drank more than I did." Robert chuckled and pulled on his coat. I frowned, worried that he could very well be lying and this would be the last time I saw him. "Stop that. I know what you're thinking. I'm not drunk, not even a little. What I've consumed has done wore off long ago. My ass is numb from your kitchen chairs." Robert laughed and pulled me into a hug.

"Please be careful." I said once he let go of me. "Don't worry about me. I'll see you in a few days. Behave you two." Robert laughed and cupped my cheek with a wink before he walked out the door. Colin looked at me with a confused expression on his face. "He knows." I said. "How?" Colin asked. "Well, I told him. He knew something was up and I couldn't keep lying to him." I shrugged. Colin smiled and nodded his head.

We walked back into the kitchen and I started on cleaning up a little while everyone sat at the table with seconds of pie and more beverages. "I'll help you." Crystal said and pushed away from the table and walked over to the bar. We covered the leftovers and stacked them in the fridge. "We're going to head to the hotel in a little while." Crystal said and butterflies rose in my belly. I'd be all alone with Colin. Justin and Scotty had left earlier to visit with Scotty's parents.

"Don't look at me like that." Crystal chuckled and threw a serving spoon into the sink after rinsing it clean. "Crystal," I started and walked closer to her, keeping my voice low. "We'll be, you know, alone. I'm fucking nervous." I said under my breath. "Aw, that's cute." Crystal smiled and continued moving around the kitchen.

"Stop. I'm serious." I said as I closed in close to her once more. "What do you want me to do? I can't stay in the corner while you two fuck. I mean, I could, but really Lace, I don't want to." Crystal said with her eyebrows stretched up on her forehead.

"Aren't you supposed to be giving me a pep talk or something?" I asked as I rinsed out the kitchen sink. "God. Do you really need one? What's gotten into you? Scared to have sex..." Crystal mumbled and shook her head. "I'm not scared." I scoffed. "I know the first, sober, time can be nerve wrecking what with worrying about what you look like naked and all that but once you get into it, you know all that stuff doesn't matter anymore." Crystal said. I let out a deep breath. "Maybe you should drink some more wine..." Crystal bit her lip. "No." I said firmly. "No more alcohol. I'll throw up." I shook my head.

"Then it's all you, baby girl." Crystal smiled and patted me on the back before hanging the dish towel on the cabinet door.