Status: This will be an ongoing story, updating whenever my schedule allows time for such! No copyright infringements here. I don't know Mr. O'Donoghue or any other non-fictional characters listed. This is for fun, capiche? I hope you all enjoy! And please if you read, leave me a comment! : ]

Thou Shalt Not

chapterf o u r

What the fuck had I done?

That was, well, forward.

But she wanted it as much as I did. I could feel it in her kiss.

And I didn't think I was going to have the balls to do it. I had thought about it all night. I'd watch her sip from her glass and it almost took a miracle to pull my gaze away.

I wasn't sure what it was... Have you ever felt an instant, electrically-charged connection with someone? I had been married for a long time and if I really reflected backwards, I don't think I had felt this type of connection with her - not this strong, not this severe.

I kicked off my shoes when I walked into my rental and locked the door behind me. My mind was still a little fuzzy from the little bit of alcohol I had consumed but my focus on her was so clear. Her lips on mine felt like liquid fire. The sum of our chemistry was almost too much at first. Something clicked inside of me and all I wanted to do was pin her against that wall and nuzzle my face between her thighs. My dick twitched in my jeans as I treaded up the stairs.My feelings were getting out-of-hand. I needed to take a cool shower and sleep off this alcohol that was only making me feel hornier.

The next afternoon, late afternoon, Josh and Sean asked me out to grab a burger. I knew asking me to lunch wasn't out of the kindness of their little hearts, no. They wanted to know what happened last night after they left.

"I swear you both are like two fucking little girls." I scoffed as I dunk a coupled of fires into the pile of ketchup that I squirt out onto my plate. "C'mon," Josh said as he paused to take a sip of his beverage. "We're happy for you, man," Josh smiled and Sean agreed with him. "Now can we stop buttering you up? Just tell us, mate. Did you or didn't you?" Sean asked, leaning over the table ever-so slightly.

I could only smile at the memory.

"He did. I knew he would." Josh said and took a bite out of his hamburger. "No, he didn't. He's only wishing he had." Sean said, sitting back in the booth. "Tell me you did." Josh said and I pushed my plate away from me. "I did, yes." I smiled with a confident nod. Sean's mouth hung open and Josh smiled proudly. "How was it?" Sean asked with a glimmer in his eyes. I rolled my eyes. "Oh, c'mon. You know we wouldn't be making a big deal out of it if it wasn't a big deal." Josh said. "How exactly is it a big deal again?" I asked.

"I know I don't really need to explain this to you but I will," Josh started, speaking animatedly with his hands. "I don't think I've seen you like this in a long time. Even when you were -" Josh cleared his throat. "Married," He continued on. "You've got the look. Doesn't he?" Josh turned his question to Sean who nodded his head eagerly. "Something is different about you, mate. That is for sure."

Sean smiled. "Are you going to see her again this weekend?" Sean asked as he motioned for the check. I shrugged. "I don't know. I don't even have her number." It had completely slipped my mind after I had kissed her. "Fuck," Sean scoffed and let his head fall back to his shoulders. "Why not?" Josh asked. "I just forgot to ask for it after, well, you know." I smirked.

"Ah," Josh said in understanding. "Then that answers our question from earlier. It was a good kiss." Sean chuckled. "Hang on." Josh said and pulled his phone out of his pocket. "What are you doing?" I asked. "I have Tom's number, you know the guy from last night? " Josh said as he started to slide his fingers across the screen of his phone. "Oh no." I said, reaching to snatch Josh's phone. "Be cool. It'll be fine." Josh said, making sure I couldn't grab it from him. I became nervous immediately once Josh announced he had sent the text and laid his phone down on the table.

"You look like you're going to be sick, mate." Sean said. "I think I might be." I said and tried to calm my nerves. "It's just so cute seeing you like this, Colin." Josh smiled, mocking me. And I wondered - who was behaving like the little girl here? Them or me?

~* LPOV *~

Crystal, Tom and I had just ordered our brunch when Tom's phone vibrated the tabletop. I paid no attention as I played absentmindedly on my phone, last night's kiss still on my brain. It had been exciting, scary and passionate - all of which confused me even more. My mind would switch between Colin and then Gunner. It was like I couldn't think of one without thinking of the other.

I seen Tom show his phone to Crystal. Crystal held onto his hand that held the phone and she stared at the screen for what seemed like forever before her eyebrow climbed up her forehead. She looked from the phone to him, her eyebrow still raised. "What?" I asked, curious as to what they had seen. They both looked at me and Crystal let out a little chuckle. "I know that chuckle. I have been close to
jail time because of that chuckle. What is it?" I asked.

"So," Tom started, pausing to take a sip of his water. "What exactly happened last night after we left you alone with that fellow?" Tom asked, his eyebrows shooting up his head quickly before settling low over his eyes. My eyes shot to Crystal. "What did you see on his phone, Crystal?" I asked, hoping to ignore Tom's question but I had a feeling the text had something to do with it.

"No, no. I asked you a question. What happened?" Tom asked again, commanding my attention. I shrugged. "We played a game of pool and then we went home." I said. Both Tom and Crystal looked at me skeptically. "What?" I asked again.

"That must have been a pretty good game of pool then, am I right?" Tom asked and Crystal smiled. I looked between the two, confused as hell. "Don't try to bullshit it. What happened?" Crystal smiled. "Bullshit what? We played pool. I was bad at it and he helped me. We left after that." I shrugged, fighting the smile playing at my lips. I could still how he felt behind me. "You are not bad at pool. You've beaten me before so what at point did you kiss him?" Tom asked outright. "Tom!" I screeched, gaining a couple of looks from the other patrons in the restaurant.

"Oh please, love, like I haven't already guessed it. You've been smiling ear-to-ear all morning." Tom taunted. "She's not gonna cop to it." Crystal shook her head while snickering under her breath. "I'm sorry smiling is a crime to you." I laughed. "Of course it is. I'm British. You need to be broody and glum." Tom winked. "It's true. He is broody but fuck, he's hot." Crystal smiled. I laughed out loud at Crystal's confession. "He is. I will give you that. Now, what was on his phone?" I asked and Crystal laughed out loud. "Not before you answer my question. What happened?" Tom butted in. I sighed out loud. "When did this become an interrogation? We played pool and then we left in separate vehicles." I said, a smile creeping up my lips.

"There's that smile again!" Tom said loudly. Crystal chuckled and Tom spoke again, "I've known you for a long time now and I don't think I've ever seen you smile this much." I covered my face before facing my friends. "I can't help it." I cried and Crystal smiled, nodding her head at me in understanding. "Okay, Tom. Let's leave her be. She didn't grill me when I started dating you." Crystal said as our food was laid down in front of us. "She should have! I'm from another country!" Tom exclaimed, causing the waitress to chuckle before she walked away from our table.

"What was on your phone?" I asked as I cut into my french toast before grabbing the syrup and letting it pour from the spout. "Show her." Crystal said as she buttered her waffles. Tom let out a defeated sigh and held his iPhone up so I could read what it said.

Josh Dallas: Can I get Lacie's number for Colin? He forgot to get it last night. ;-)

I felt my heart drop before it retracted back up quickly. My stomach was a flutter as I read and reread the text over again. "Well, give it to him!" I exclaimed and pushed the phone back towards him. "You sure you know what you're doing here, love? What you are potentially starting?" Tom asked in concern and I frowned, the flutters replaced by a sick feeling. Crystal touched Tom's arm and turned towards him. "Tom, she's a grown woman. She can make up her own mind and if she says give him the number then give him the number." Crystal said quietly. Tom shook his head 'no'. "We should ask more questions. We don't know this guy." Tom said. Crystal shook her head at him. "Give him her number." Tom and Crystal held eye contact for a moment before Tom typed something, presumably my number, and dropped the phone on the table.

"I appreciate you trying to look out for me, really I do, but, you can't possibly understand how I feel. If my relationship with Gunner was half as solid as yours and Crystal's, none of this would have happened... Colin makes me feel... happy." I smiled, unable to forget how he made me feel last night. Crystal patted my hand from across the table and Tom's look softened. "You know what I'm going to say, Lacie." Tom sighed. And I nodded. I knew what he was going to say. He was going to tell me to end things with Gunner - just make a clean break but I feared it wouldn't be so clean.

"I know, I know." I sighed. "We wouldn't let him hurt you if that's what you're afraid of." Tom said and my breath hitched in my throat. I was afraid of that if I was being honest with myself. I only nodded my head but I didn't say anything about the fact he couldn't protect me 24/7 and especially when we weren't even in the same town.
♠ ♠ ♠
.....
...
..