Status: Completed

Music and Passion

Crazy Family

It`s been a week since everyone found out I`m pregnant. Kyo still won`t talk to me, Atsushi is a bit distant and Toshiya has been hesitant to talk to me. Thankfully everyone else hasn`t changed towards me. Imai, Yutaka and Hidehiko even took me to a doctors appointment yesterday because Nikki was worried I was getting too stressed out. According to the doctor my baby is perfectly fine and healthy. I don`t think Iv`e ever been so relived when I heard that.

Currently I`m on my bands bus, going to our next destination. This morning we did nothing but interviews until one in the afternoon. We`re going to be on the bus for the rest of the day and tomorrow we`ll do more interviews and then play a show. But today is pretty much stuck on a bus day.

"Sam? My mom wants to talk to you," Jeff said as he sat down next to me and handed me his phone.

His mom calling to talk to me wasn`t anything new but she usually calls me on my phone. I wonder why she didn`t this time. "Hello?" I asked as I place the phone to my ear.

"Sam! How are you sweetheart?" Amanda crooned in my ear.

"I`m doing better," I answered with a slight grin.

"Good. My son tells me you`re no longer with that brat."

"No. He dumped me."

"I see. Do you need anything, sweetheart?" She asked. "A place to stay? Help with the baby when it comes? You know all you need to do is ask and I`ll be happy to help."

"I`m okay for now. I promise to let you know if I need anything though," I said.

"Alright. So, what`s this I keep hearing about a slightly violent Japanese singer that`s been ignoring you?" She questioned.

I blinked, "Kyo?"

"Yes!" Amanda exclaimed. "That`s the one! My son says he`s been ignoring you since you announced your pregnancy."

I sighed, "Hold on. Let me go find a place to talk."

"Go right ahead dear. I want to hear all about this boy."

I got off the couch, waving off Jeff`s protests and Randy`s curious looks. They can talk to her later. I made my way to the thankfully vacant bathroom and locked myself inside. But not before thoroughly spraying it with air freshner. What can I say? I live with a bunch of boys. Everything they do is smelly.

I got comfortable on the floor and pressed the phone back to my ear. "Alright, what has Jeff told you?"

"Apparently not enough," Amanda snickered.

"What do you mean?" I frowned.

"Sweetheart, you had to lock yourself in a bathroom to talk about him," She laughed, "My son is obviously leaving out details."

"Are you implying what I think you`re implying?"

"Yes, yes I am. Now tell me the truth about this boy."

"Why did you describe him as slightly violent?" I inquired.

"Well for one that`s not answering the questioned," Amanda teased. "And I called him that because that`s how Jeff first described him. He also said he had a bit of a temper."

I snorted, "Yeah, because that had nothing to do with Jeff or Keith."

She chuckled, "Oh I know. Iv`e already heard the whole story. Now for goodness sakes, answered my question!"

I winced and asked, "What was the question again?"

"What is this boy to you, Sweetheart? Because it`s pretty obvious to me what you are to him."

"A friend?"

"Ha! Don`t make me laugh. A friend doesn`t ignore you for a week when they found out you`re not only pregnant but a single mother."

"He`s thirty nine. Almost forty," I whispered.

"And at twenty three you`re afraid, aren`t you?" Amanda asked in a whisper.

"Age can make a big difference," I muttered. "And one as big as ours has nothing but the potential to destroy anything we could ever create."

"How much older is my husband?" She questioned.

I raised an eyebrow, "Excuse me?"

"How big is the age difference between my husband and myself?" She clarified.

"Five or six years."

"Eight, actually. Now, answer me this, what have I always told you about relationships?"

"If you really like him make him wait more than a week for sex?"

Amanda started laughing, "No not that. But I have a feeling you`ll be waiting a lot longer than that in your condition. I meant, what did I tell you about age?"

I blushed, "Oh. Well, you always said that if it`s between two consenting adults and neither were bothering by the age difference, then that difference normally doesn`t matter." I blinked as realization dawned on me, "Oh..."

"Exactly," She chuckled. "Go talk to him and figure things out. If this man really cares about you then you being pregnant won`t bother him. And neither will something as silly as age."

I frowned, "What if it does?"

She sighed, "Then he does not deserve you, Sweetheart. Not one bit."

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. Damn her and her wisdom. "Is that why you wanted to talk to me? To make me realize how stupid I`m being?"

"Oh no, Sweetheart. If I wanted to do that I would of found a way to contact Kyo, not you," She laughed.

I couldn`t help it, I started laughing. I really do love Amanda. She`s like a mom and a crazy aunt all in one. She really is the best.

"There`s the laugh I love so much," She cooed.

"Yeah, yeah. I miss you."

"I miss you too, Sweetheart. But I`ll see you again soon. I promise."

After that we talked for a few more minutes and then said our goodbyes and I left the bathroom, only to have Keith rush in there as soon as I left. I have a feeling the only reason he didn`t push me out of the is because I`m pregnant. Poor guy.

"So, what did you and my mom talk about?" Jeff asked as soon as I sat down.

"Girl talk," I replied with a shrug.

"Girl talk?" He repeated. "What`s that supposed to mean?"

"Maybe they were sharing sex tips," Randy snickered while Jeff blanched. "Look at her. She`s not even denying it!"

I shrugged, "I am neither denying nor confirming your thoughts."

"Stop picking on my girl," Nikki muttered while walking into the room.

"Picking on? She`s the one having sex talks with Amanda!" Randy exclaimed.

Jeff groaned, "Please stop talking. I don`t ever wanna hear the words 'sex' and my mothers name in the same sentence ever again."

"Sex and Amanda! Sex and Amanda!"

"Damn it, Randy!"

I snickered and leaned back into the couch, watching Jeff and Randy bicker back and forth. Half way through the entertainment Nikki sat next to me and I curled up to him, all the while watching my crazy friends. My life isn`t perfect by any means. But I swear, silly moments like this make it all worth while during the bad times. I love my crazy family.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is kind of a short fillerish chapter but I figured I should give you guys a little break from all the drama and write something kind of fluff and silliness. Anyway, I hope you all like this chapter.