Status: Completed

Music and Passion

Date Night

"How did you find this place?" I asked while glancing around the restaurant.

"Secret," Kyo teased.

"Kyo!" I laughed.

"Alright." He smirked a little and shrugged. "I payed attention when we drove through town."

"Simple as that, huh?"

"Simple as that."

I playfully rolled my eyes. I may not really act like it but I do enjoy it when he gets in these playful moods. It doesn`t happen very often so its always nice to see when it does. I have yet to figure out why these moods are so rare but then again it may just be one of those things that will always remain a mystery to me. And part of me is okay with that. Sometimes a little mystery in life is a good thing.

"I will give you credit for finding this place so easily," I murmured. "I was expecting.."

"McDonalds?" Kyo finished.

I laughed. "Not exactly the place I had in mind but that`s pretty much the jist of it."

This place was most definitely not McDonalds. This restaurant was fancy without being too fancy. You could order expensive wine or even beer with just about anything, the waiters and waitresses were in suits, and a few customers were in dresses and suits but there were also people in jeans and shirts. Fancy but not too fancy. Okay, so it was more fancy than not but it was still a good place to eat.

"So what are you guys gonna do after the tour?" I inquired.

"Album," Kyo answered before taking a bite of his food. "You guys are recording too, right?"

I nodded. "Not much else we can do while I`m pregnant."

He nodded and murmured, "And after the baby is born?"

"Continue recording. We`re going to try and drag it out as long as we can before we have to do a promotional tour."

"And what will happen to the baby during this tour?"

"She`ll be with Amanda, Jeff``s mom," I replied. "And if we can help it, the tour will only be three months. At the most. As much as I love performing in front of all our fans I don`t think I can be away from my kid any longer than that when she`s so young."

"Still convinced the baby is a girl," He chuckled.

"Mhm. I can tell," I said with a grin.

He nodded and murmured, "Mother`s always know. Or at least that`s what Imai says."

I snickered. "I take it Imai told you about how his wife knew what his kid was going to be before everyone else during her pregnancy?"

"Yes. It was a surprisingly long story."

"That it is."

We lapsed into a comfortable silence after that while we finished our dinner. And when we were done we somehow ate desert. Though it was only a small piece of cake shared between us.

"So, why were you so interested in what`s going to happen to the baby?" I asked, tilting my head to the side in curiosity.

"When are you coming to Japan?" Kyo countered.

I pouted. "That doesn`t answer my question."

His lips twitched into a half smirk. "I`ll answer your question if you answer mine."

"Fine. I don`t know when I`ll go to Japan. It`ll probably be about a year depending on what all happens with my band and my child. Now you go."

"I wanna make sure the kid`ll be in good hands when you can`t be around."

"Well aren`t you sweet," I teased. I received a glower in response, making me giggle a little. "No, I mean it. It`s very sweet of you to worry about my kid even though..." I trailed off and lightly bit my lip, not wanting to finish my sentence in case it would ruin the nice mood we had created.

"Even though I don`t think I can be a father," Kyo finished. "Is that what you were going to say?"

"Yeah," I breathed.

"Just because I don`t think I`m father material doesn`t mean I can`t care," he murmured. "I can care, can`t I?"

"Of course you can. In a way it`s a relief that you do."

"Relief?"

"Yeah. I mean, if you didn`t care then I think I`d be heartbroken," I confessed in a whisper. "Your friendship means so much to me. And whatever this could turn into does too. If you hated my kid I couldn`t be with you. I mean, what kind of mother wants to date someone who hates their kid? It`s like hating part of yourself. So yes, to me it`s a huge relief that you care. No matter the role you may play in my life."

"Not everyone feels that way about their kids," Kyo whispered back. "There are some mothers in this world that don`t give a shit about what happens to their kids. There are some people that use kids for their own personal gain."

"I always told myself that if I ever had kids I wouldn`t be like that. I`d raise them like my mom and then my grandmother raised me."

"You don`t talk about them much."

I shook my head and murmured, "No, no I guess I don`t. A lot of bitter sweet memories I guess."

"You miss them," Kyo stated.

"Like you wouldn`t believe." I groaned and began wiping at my eyes, feeling tears building up.

"Maybe we should talk about something else."

I chuckled. "That`s probably a good idea. I wouldn`t want Shinya to hit you with a pillow again."

"Hey! That only happened once."

"Really? Cause I seem to remember him hitting you repeatedly with it until you apologize."

And just like that the mood changed. We were back to laughing and teasing each other. We talking for a little while longer before taking a cab back to the hotel.

"I had such a good time," I said as we exited the elevator.

"Other than the time I made you cry," Kyo teased.

I chuckled and nodded. "Yes. Other than that."

"Do you think we could do this again?" He asked.

"Yeah. I think we could."

"How do random dates on our days off sound?"

"Sounds good," I answered. "Those will probably be the only days we`ll have enough time to do anything." We reached my hotel room and I turned to look at him. "See you in the morning?"

Kyo nodded and stuffed his hands in his pockets. "I`ll see you in the morning."

"Goodnight."

"Sam! I uh," he cleared his throat, "I wanna say something."

I paused at the door, my hand slipping from the handle. "What is it?"

Kyo cleared his throat again and moved closer to me. He looked nervous. "Can I do something without you hitting me?"

"Yeah, as long as you don`t try to grope me," I teased, trying to lighten the mood. However he shot me a look that made me wince. "Sorry. No, I won`t hit you."

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Yeah. I think I established my rules on the matter."

No sooner did I finish my sentence did it happen. Lips pressed against my own for a brief second. Gone before I could even react to it.

Kyo cleared his throat and gave me a little grin. "Goodnight, Sam."

I blushed. "Goodnight, Kyo." I watched him get into the elevator before I walked into my room. Much to my surprise Nikki wasn`t the only one there. Jeff and Shinya were there too. The latter was so exited he was all but bouncing on the bed.

"So?" Shinya asked. "How did it go?"

My face instantly became hotter. I must be bright red by now. "He kissed me."

I`m pretty sure Shinya squealed and Nikki got this big grin on his face. He quickly started teasing me about how he was going to have to talk to Kyo again. And no sooner had the words left his mouth was Shinya hitting him with a pillow. I began to giggle at the sight. I`m starting to think he has a fondness for pillow fights.

Leave it up to one person in the room to destroy it all.

"And what`s going to happen to this little relationship when this tour ends?" Jeff questioned.

Just like that the little bubble of happiness and safety I had created burst. Oh who am I kidding? It all shattered into a million pieces. And I`ll always have my drummer to thank for that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally a new chapter! This would of been up last week but I ended up deleting most of the date portion of this chapter. I pretty much hated it. I`m not even completely happy with this one. But I can`t seem to like anything else I tried to write for it. Hopefully you all like it more than I do. As most of you have probably noticed, I now have a link set up for the sequel for this story. This one is unfortunately getting close to the end and I really don`t want to stop writing these characters so I figured a kinda sort sequel would do. Anyway, I wanted to say a quick thank you to everyone for reading, subscribing, commenting and recommending this story. It means a lot to know you all like it so much. I can`t wait to read what you think of this chapter. Thank you!