Status: Completed

Music and Passion

Challenge

I couldn`t believe it. Today of all days I had to be doing this. While everyone was relaxing or shopping at the music store I`m maternity shopping. That dreaded day had finally come.

I woke up this morning thinking I would have a nice day off after a busy week, but no. Of course not. That would be too easy. Almost nothing I tried on fit. Including stage clothes. So after a lot of grumbling and debating I finally called Yutaka to see if he would go shopping with me. Somehow along the way Shinya got roped into going as well and before we left I talked Imai into going. I swear that man has become my confidant for almost everything baby. Cause come on, that man is a father. He should be able to help me with this shit.

So here I am at some maternity store trying on clothes. And it has not been fun, let me tell you. I thought trying on clothes and finding out they didn`t fit used to suck. But now that I`m pregnant it`s ten times worse. I can`t even begin to tell you how many times Iv`e cried or almost started crying because something didn`t fit. Damn hormones!

"Yutaka," I groaned through the door. "This isn`t going to fit either."

"But that would of looked so good on you," he groaned back.

I snorted. "Then find it in a bigger size."

"There aren`t any."

And here comes the waterworks. I officially hate shopping. Especially like this. It sucks.

"Sam? I think I found something," Shinya said into the dressing room door. "I`m going to toss it over the door, okay?"

"Okay," I called back through my sniffles, catching the clothes he quite literally threw over the the little gap in the top of the door. "All dresses," I muttered to myself while looking the clothes over. And they weren`t too bad either. Well, for maternity clothes anyway. And somehow he found darker colors. It was a nice change from all the bright blues and floral prints I kept seeing in the store.

"Do they fit?" Shinya asked.

"Three out of five," I replied.

"These should fit," Imai suddenly spoke up, tossing more clothes over the door.

"And more dresses," I chuckled. And more dark colors to boot.

After that things went a little bit better. I ended up buying twelve dresses. All either in black, dark purples, reds, and a dark blue that almost looked black. All in all not too bad. And I came away feeling not as bad about myself as the changing room made me feel. I still hate clothes shopping though. And I have a feeling I won`t for a while.

As we exited the store I realized we must of been quite the interesting sight. Three men ranging from thirties to forties shopping with a twenty something pregnant woman. And for the most part we were only speaking Japanese. I was getting a lot better at it so everyone tried to get me to speak it as much as possible. Perhaps that`s one of the reason`s we kept getting stared at. One of many I`m sure.

I was more than happy when we finally made it back to the hotel. I couldn`t wait to relax. But apparently fate had other plans. Or more specifically, Kyo had other plans. And those plans consisted of him asking if I could still fit into my swim suit so I could go swimming with him. And I may or may not of taken that as a challenge. Okay, I took it as a huge challenge. And I`ll admit it, I wanted to cry tears of joy when it fit almost perfectly. It was a bit more snug in the chest area than I would of normally been comfortable with. But other than that it worked.

So I, quite happily I might add, joined Kyo down at the pool. I was even happier when I realized it was just the two of us. And I felt strangely accomplished when I caught him staring. More than once at that. And it wasn`t a look of disgust either like I half expected. It was a mix of awe and something else I couldn`t put my finger on. It was quite the confidence boost, I must say.

"Well aren`t you a gentlemen," I teased, holding onto Kyo`s hands as he helped me into the pool.

"Gentlemen my ass," he growled.

I snorted and settled into the water. "Your actions speak otherwise."

"Your luck your pregnant or I`d show you how ungentelmanly I can be," he said with a smirk.

"I look forward to it," I teased, my face immediately growing hot as soon as I finished speaking. But it was worth it to see the look of pure shock on his face.

"Oh do you?"

"Absolutely."

Kyo chuckled and whispered in Japanese, "I can`t wait for the day we stop teasing each other like this."

"I do too," I whispered back, still blushing.

He shot me a little grin before clearing his throat and running a hand through his wet hair. "Iv`e been talking to Kaoru about our situation."

"And?" I pressed.

"He thinks he may know of a way to keep us together."

"Oh thank god."

"Don`t thank him just yet," Kyo chuckled. "Kaoru is going to try and talk our label into letting us start recording our new album in the US. If they agree, it could take anywhere from a couple weeks to a month or two to set it up."

"So I won`t be seeing you until the end of my pregnancy," I concluded.

"Unfortunately," he murmured. "But we`re going to do everything we can to be with you as quickly as possible."

"Would you want to be there when the baby is born?" I asked gently, fearing the answer.

He pursed his lips and furrowed his brows in thought for a few minutes before letting out a sigh. "I wouldn`t mind it. But I don`t know what help I`d be."

"Moral support I guess," I breathed out. "Maybe I just want you there to hold my hand. Make me feel safe."

"I make you feel safe?" He asked, a look of shock crossing his features.

"I don`t know why," I teased in an attempt to lighten the mood. "But yes, you have this ability to make me feel safe."

"Even when I piss you off?"

"Even when you piss me off and tease me mercilessly about my Japanese lessons."

Kyo chuckled and gently took my hand in his. "We`re gonna figure this out, okay? Kaoru is going to fix this and I`ll be there."

"Remind me to thank him later," I chuckled, wiping at the tears now falling down my face. "And we need to find a different subject before I can`t stop crying."

He nodded and smirked. "How about I tell you about the time I found Die handcuffed to a sink?"
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is nothing but a cluster fuck of I have no idea whats going on. I got stuck writing this chapter so many times it`s laughable. And I kind of hate how it turned out to be honest. I even considered rewriting the whole thing. But I had no ideas so I decided to just leave it as is. Hopefully you all like it more than I do. Anyway, I wanted to say a quick thank you to everyone for reading, commenting, subscribing, and recommending. It means a lot and I can`t wait to read what you all think of this chapter even though it sucks. So thank you all so much!