Status: Completed

Music and Passion

Breakfast Lovers

I woke up the next morning with a yawn and stretched out seconds later. I glanced to my left and rolled my eyes when I noticed Nikki wasn`t asleep beside me. He may sleep in the same bed as me to cure the insomnia but it`s rare that we wake up together. After doing this for seven tours you kind of start to get used to it. I stretched out again, noting once again I`m laying on my stomach. I really need to stop sleeping like that. It almost always causes either a headache or a backache. And I definitely don`t need that while on tour.

I rolled onto my back and let out a sigh while staring at the light brown ceiling. Last night was fun. I got more comfortable around them, as Nikki pointed out more than once. Normally it`s Keith or Randy that tease me but I guess it was Nikki`s turn last night. Speaking of my band mates, I wonder how everything went with them. Hopefully they were able to get plenty of sleep.

A light knock brought me from my thoughts. I sat up and called for whoever it was to come in. I was surprised to see Shinya slowly walk into the room trying to balance two plates and two cups. But before I could get up to help he carefully placed them on the little vanity by the door.

"What are you doing?" I asked with a slight laugh as he grabbed a plate and a cup and walked over to me.

"I thought you might want breakfast. Nikki said you liked...p..pan..cakes," He replied, struggling to say the last word in English.

"I do like pancakes," I nodded and took the plate and put it in my lap before taking the cup from him and took a deep breath at the smell. It was coffee.

Shinya smiled and went back over to the vanity to get his plate and cup and walked over to the bed and sat down across from me. "I`m not sure how much you`ll like the coffee. I know you can only have decaff," he explained.

I huffed and stared at the cup of steaming coffee. "Of course Nikki told you," I grumbled and placed the cup on the little bedside table to cool off and instead focused my attention on my plate. There were two fairly big pancakes on it smothered in so much syrup I`m surprised it wasn`t sliding over the sides of the plate.

"I hope it`ll be good. I know its decaff but I did my best to make it taste good," Shinya murmured with a frown.

I shook my head. "Thank you and I`m sure it will be fine. If I can`t have regular coffee then I can`t have it. It`s not your fault. Now, let`s focus on eating these pancakes."

He grinned at me and nodded, seeming happy with my words. As we began to dig into our breakfast I almost moaned after placing the food in my mouth. It was so good! I noticed that he gave me a strange look but I only shrugged.

"It`s amazing," I defended after chewing and swallowing my food.

Shinya nodded with a grin, "Good. I`ll let Kaoru know."

We ate the rest of our breakfast in silence and after we finished we sipped our coffee and few words were spoken between us. But it was comfortable that way. And the coffee wasn`t too bad. He definitely did a good job doctoring it up for me. After we finished our coffee Shinya left me to put the dishes away and let me change clothes.

After I finished getting dressed I walked out to the front of the bus. I was a bit surprised that everyone was up and about. Kyo and Kaoru sat across from each other in the small booth, chatting away in hushed Japanese. Shinya sat on the small couch by himself reading a book while Nikki, Toshiya, and Die sat on the other much bigger couch across from Shinya, chatting away in a mix of English and Japanese.

I plopped down next to Shinya and smiled at him, "Thanks for having breakfast with me."

He smiled back and nodded, "You are very welcome."

I rested my head on his shoulder and glanced down at his book only to frown. Of course whatever he`s reading is in Japanese. I really need to learn that language. As I glanced around I felt a smile tugging on my lips. Everyone seemed to be in their own little world. It was actually kind of nice to see. After watching everyone for a few minutes I got up and walked over to the booth, moving to stand behind Kaoru.

"Thank you for breakfast," I murmured by Kaoru`s ear before placing a kiss to his temple.

A grin began tugging at Kaoru`s lips as he nodded. "You are very welcome."

"Is that what everyone gets when they make you breakfast?" Die called over to us with a laugh.

I laughed and glanced at him over my shoulder as I replied, "Only if its as good as those pancakes were."

"Kyo should cook for you then," Kaoru stated with a smirk.

Now that caught my attention. I looked over at Kyo, "You can cook?" He only nodded in response, a barely noticeable pink tint to his cheeks. I guess he doesn`t want to talk yet. That or he`s too embarrassed to talk. "Well," I murmured, "I`ll leave you two to talk. I just wanted to thank Kaoru for breakfast."

Kaoru nodded, "Let me know when you want breakfast again and I`ll see what I can do."

I nodded at his words and went back over to the smaller couch and sat down next to Shinya. I laid my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes, yawning just seconds later. Going back to bed already sounds nice. But that wont be happening. Oh well.

"Give him time," Shinya suddenly whispered, making me look up at him.

"Give who time?" I whispered back.

"Kyo. He just needs to be around you a little more to be comfortable. He`ll come around soon."

I nodded a little and laid my head back on his shoulder and closed my eyes. So Kyo really was shy. I can understand though. Normally I`m very shy myself. I just happened to take to these guys faster than I usually would. I mean, it took me almost a week to say more than two or three words to Jeff. Sometimes it takes a while and sometimes it doesn`t. I guess I`m just kind of odd that way.

After about two hours of lounging around the bus we finally got to the arena. We all shuffled off the bus, Dir En Grey going straight to the arena while Nikki and myself went to our bus. We greeted the rest of our band and grabbed our bags and headed into the arena, chatting along the way and telling stories from last night.

"I`m glad you had a good time," Keith commented as he slung an arm over my shoulder.

"Me too. It feels good to be comfortable around them," I murmured with a nod.

"I`m surprised you opened up so quickly though. That doesn`t happen often," He stated.

"But it does happen," Randy interjected.

I smiled and shook my head at the two, following them and the rest of our band to our dressing room. We ended up passing Yutaka and Hidehiko on the way, the first waving far too enthusiastically while I shyly waved back. He was such a cute little thing.

"Sam! Wait up!" Yutaka exclaimed while rushing over to us, Hidehiko trailing after him with a little smirk tugging at his lips.

"Is everything alright?" Keith asked when the two reached us.

Yutaka nodded, "Yes! We wanted to apologize for not getting together last night. We were too tired after the show."

"Most of us were too," Randy laughed.

"In fact, only Nikki and Sam hung out with Dir En Grey last night," Keith commented.

Hidehiko nodded, "Did you enjoy yourself, Sam?"

I nodded and murmured, "It was a fun night."

"That`s good," Yutaka said with a grin. "We were wondering if you wanted to go with Hide and me to get lunch while Dir En grey rehearse since they go on first."

"Do you want me to get Nikki?" Randy whispered in my ear.

"I think I`ll be okay," I whispered back and then turned my attention to the two musicians in front of me. "I`d like to go."

"Great," Yutaka replied with a grin.

"We`ll let you get settled in and then come get you," Hidehiko said.

I nodded, "I look forward to it." Was I really looking forward to it? Yes. Was I very nervous? Of course. But would I go anyway and have a good time? I hope so.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter would of been finished and posted two days ago but I got distracted by an amazing movie called NANA. NANA is a Japanese manga, anime, and movie. Two movies in fact. I fell in love with the first movie and though I didn`t care for the sequel as much it was still pretty good. Iv`e moved on to watching the anime and after I finish that I`ll probably try and read the manga. In other words, NANA is that good! I definitely recommend watching it if you haven`t yet. Anyway, on with this story! Hopefully you all like the little interaction with Sam and Shinya as much as I liked writing it. And the next chapter will more than likely be mostly Yutaka, Hidehiko, and Sam hanging out and goofing off. Hopefully you all like this chapter cause I would love to know what you think. So please comment and let me know. I can`t wait to read your thoughts on it. Thank you!