All About Us

chapter three

Image

Playing games at home were still some of the most nerve-wracking games Jeff had ever played. He had never really felt that way when playing for the Greyhounds or the Phantoms, but things were different now. He was playing in the National Hockey League now. This was the big show. Home games felt ten times more important than they had ever been before.

It was like there was more at stake with home games. There were thousands of fans decked out in Flyers gear, looking for a win just as much as the team was. He hated knowing that if they lost, the fans would go home angry and disappointed, just like him and his teammates would.

But tonight had not been one of the nights were anyone was going home angry and disappointed. It had been a hard fought win, but a win nonetheless. But that wasn’t even the best thing that had happened that night. The best thing that had happened that night was that he had finally scored his first NHL goal. It was like a weight had been lifted off his shoulders to get his first NHL goal out of the way. He hadn’t necessarily been worried about getting his first goal, knowing that it would happen eventually, but after listening to Richie brag about getting his first NHL goal in his NHL debut, he had been ready to score a goal of his own. It was his turn to do the bragging.

And because of that, the team, aka Sharpy, Umberger, and Richie, had decided to take him out to celebrate. All they had the next day was an optional practice, which meant that they could get as drunk as they wanted. So once the media had cleared out and the four of them had showered and changed, they were piling into Sharpy’s car and heading to one of the team’s favorite after game hangout spots.

“First rounds on me! You losers get a table!” Sharpy shouted to be heard over the music before he was making his way towards the bar.

“Yeah losers, let’s go get a table,” Jeff stated with a smirk as he started to push his way through the people, looking for an open table.

“Fucking dick,” Mike growled as he followed after Jeff. “Get’s his first goal and thinks he’s better than us.”

“Oh shut up,” R.J. stated with a roll of his eyes. “Let him have this. Plus, you were twenty times worse than he’s being when you got your first goal.”

“That’s because I scored in my NHL debut. How many other players can say that they’ve done that?” Mike questioned. “Plus, it was an impressive goal.”

“Yeah, yeah. We were all there when it happened. We’ve heard about it about a million times since it happened and we’ll probably hear about it a million more times. Just shut up about it for one night,” R.J. stated, scooting into the booth that Jeff had found for them.

Mike pouted as he slid into the booth, crossing his arms over his chest. “You guys are so mean to me.”

“Why is he pouting?” Sharpy asked as he reached the table, a tray of drinks in his hands. “Pouting people don’t get any alcohol. Tonight’s about celebrating and being happy.”

Mike huffed out a sigh, smiling his biggest, cheesiest smile. “Better?”

Sharpy laughed as he handed Mike a shot, pinching his cheek. “Much better!” he stated happily before he was handing out the rest of the shots.

“I think this calls for a toast,” R.J. said, holding his shot up, the other three following his lead.

“I couldn’t agree more. Here’s to Carts finally getting his first goal!” Sharpy exclaimed.

“Cheers!” the other three yelled as they clinked their glasses together, quickly downing the shots.

Jeff winced slightly as the tequila slid down his throat, slamming his glass on the table. “That shit is nasty,” he groaned as he grabbed one of the beers, taking a big swallow of it.

“Fuck. Jeff’s right. This shit is nasty,” R.J. commented sourly, wiping his mouth.

“See if I ever get alcohol for you two ever again,” Sharpy stated, flipping them off.

“I liked it,” Mike piped in.

“And this is why you’re my favorite,” Sharpy declared with a grin as he reached out to ruffle Mike’s hair.

“Aww, and here I thought that I was your favorite, Sharpy. You’re breaking my heart,” Jeff mocked, chuckling when all Sharpy did was glare at him.

Tonight was definitely going to be a good night.

♕♛♕♛


Two beers and another shot of tequila later, Jeff was starting to feel loose. He wasn’t completely drunk yet, but he was slowly getting there. R.J. had disappeared after the first round of drinks, mentioning something about finding a hot redhead he had spotted when they had walked in. Sharpy and Mike had gone up to the bar to get another round of drinks, but Sharpy was the only one to come back, a shit-eaten grin on his face.

“Dude, you have to watch this train wreck that is about to happen!” Sharpy exclaimed gleefully, pointing towards the bar.

Jeff raised an eyebrow as he looked to where Sharpy was pointing. The “train wreck” in question seemed to be Mike chatting up a pretty brunette that was working behind the bar. “She’s so out of his league,” Jeff commented softly, shaking his head.

Sharpy chuckled as he nodded in agreement. “She is completely out of his league. I tried telling him that, but he didn’t seem to agree with me. He told me not to worry that he could “handle this”,” Sharpy stated, actually using air quotes when he said “handle this”.

Jeff raised his beer to his lips, eyes never leaving Mike and the girl. It was an amusing sight, to say the least. In the few years they had known each other, Jeff had always found it entertaining to watch Mike hitting on girls. The other male wasn’t necessarily horrible at it and he did have some “game”, but he tended to put his foot in his mouth a lot and Jeff had seen many women reject him. He wondered if that was going to happen tonight.

“Like something you see?”

The words snapped Jeff out of his daze, turning his attention to Sharpy. “What?”

Sharpy seemed to study Jeff for a moment before shaking his head. “Never mind. I can’t believe that he hasn’t struck out yet.”

Jeff cast a glance over at Mike and the woman, shrugging. “Maybe she’s not as out of his league as we first thought.”

Sharpy hummed, tapping his fingers against the table. “Maybe,” he murmured. “Did Richie ever tell you about the night he scored his first goal?”

Jeff frowned as he looked back over at Sharpy. “Um, I’m pretty sure that I was there the night that he scored his first goal.”

“No, I mean what happened after the game.”

Jeff frowned even more. They had lost the game to the Rangers and Jeff hadn’t joined the few guys that had decided to go out after the game. Though, he was pretty sure that he would have heard about something big happening after the game. Especially if it involved Mike. “No, he didn’t tell me about that.”

“Well, it’s a great story,” Sharpy started, leaning back in the booth. “I helped him hook up?”

“What does that mean?” Jeff asked after a moment of silence, slowly raising an eyebrow.

“Mike picked out a girl he liked, we went over and chatted her up, and then took her back to my place.”

“Wait…What?” Jeff mumbled in confusion, shaking his head. “What about Abby?”

“I never said I hooked up with either of them. I was just there. Plus, Abby was fine with it,” Sharpy replied nonchalantly.

Jeff just stared at the other male in shock. There were so many questions that he had and he had no idea which one to ask first. “Why are you telling me this?” he finally asked, figuring that was the safest question.

Sharpy gave a small shrug. “I don’t know. Just seemed like Mike had more confidence when I was there. Maybe he could use some help now.”

“Why don’t you go help him?”

“I’m not the one who scored his first goal tonight.”

Jeff swallowed hard, looking back towards Mike. He didn’t even know why he was thinking about going over to the other male. It was a crazy idea. He wasn’t going to help his teammate, and one of his best friend’s, pick up then watch them sleep together. That would just make things between them awkward.

On the other hand, though, it wasn’t the craziest idea that he had ever heard. He knew plenty of guys who helped each other in juniors. Maybe not to this extent, but it wasn’t that weird. And if he did go and help Mike out, he could just think of it as watching porn. It might not be all that bad.

“Fuck,” he mumbled as he grabbed one of the shots that Sharpy had brought back, downing it. He winced slightly at the taste, slamming the glass onto the table. “Here goes nothing.”

Climbing out of the booth, he stumbled slightly, the alcohol really hitting him now that he was on his feet. He ignored Sharpy laughing behind him as he gained his balance, heading to the bar. There was a small voice in the back of his head that was yelling at him that this wasn’t a good idea. He should just leave Mike alone and let him do his thing. But Jeff decided to ignore that voice. Now that Sharpy had planted the whole idea in his head, he was intrigued to see exactly what would happen.

“Hey you!” he exclaimed happily once he was close enough, throwing an arm around Mike’s shoulders.

Mike stopped mid-sentence, frowning slightly as he looked up at Jeff. “Hi…”

“I’m Jeff,” he introduced himself, holding his free hand out to the female.

“Eloise,” she answered, placing her hand in his and shaking it.

“Nice to meet you.”

“You too,” Eloise stated, smiling lightly.

“So, you work here?”

Eloise raised an eyebrow. “No. I got impatient waiting for service and decided to jump back her and make my own.”

Jeff barked out a laugh, squeezing Mike’s shoulders. “She’s funny. I like her.”

Mike narrowed his eyes. “Yeah, she’s great.”

Jeff smirked as he looked down at Mike for a brief moment. “Listen, I sent this guy over here to chat you up, but I didn’t think that he was making much progress so I figured I would come over and introduce myself.”

“What are you doing?” Mike hissed, elbowing Jeff in the side.

Jeff winced slightly, digging his fingers into Mike’s shoulder. “Shut up and let me handle this.”

“Handle what, exactly?” Eloise questioned, crossing her arms over her chest.

“Here’s the thing,” Jeff started, smiling sheepishly. “We both saw you and thought you were so gorgeous. But we didn’t know who should come over and talk to you. So I decided that Mike could talk to you first, sweeten you up a bit, and then I would come over and try to convince you to come home with us. See where the night goes.”

“What!?” Mike practically shouted, eyes wide. “We never fucking tal-“

Jeff quickly slapped a hand over Mike’s mouth, the rest of the sentence muffled against the palm of Jeff’s hand. “Ignore him. He’s just really nervous,” he instructed Eloise, smiling fondly at Mike.

Eloise quirked an eyebrow as she studied the two males. “The both of you?”

“Yep.”

“And you just want to see where the night goes?”

“Exactly,” Jeff nodded.

Eloise was silent as she looked back and forth between the two, a slow smile creeping across her face. “Alright, I’m down.”

“Really?”

“Really,” Eloise replied with a nod. “Its not everyday that two of the Flyer’s hottest rookies offer to take me home. I would be dumb to pass up an opportunity like this. Meet me out by the back door in ten minutes,” she added with a wink before she was turning to walk to the other end of the bar.

Jeff grinned widely as he looked down at mike. “You really know how to pick ‘em,” he murmured as he lead the other male back to their table, making sure to keep a hand over his mouth. He really didn’t need Mike making a scene right now.

♕♛♕♛


Jeff managed to get Mike back to the table to grab their jackets and let Sharpy know they were leaving. (He could have used a third hand to flip Sharpy off when he just gave them a knowing look.) He even managed to get Mike out to the back door without incident. But as soon as Jeff removed his hand from Mike’s mouth and his arm from around his shoulders it was like all hell broke loose.

“What the fuck was that?!” Mike shouted as he fisted his hands in the front of Jeff’s shirt, shoving him up against the wall. “I was doing just fine without you coming over and butting in!”

Jeff winced slightly when his back hit the wall, but he didn’t try to shove the other male away. “It really didn’t look that way. I just helped your ass out.”

“I didn’t need your help, asshole!”

“You were getting no where with her. She clearly didn’t look interested and now she is. Sharpy was right.”

Mike’s eyes widened slightly, fingers tightening in Jeff’s shirt. “What exactly did that fucker tell you?”

Jeff sighed softly, cursing himself for even opening his stupid mouth and mentioning Sharpy. “He didn’t tell me a lot. Just about what happened the night that you scored your first goal and how he helped you score off the ice as well.”

Mike closed his eyes, letting out a slow breath. “I’m going to kill that fucker. He had no right to tell you about that.”

“Listen, I don’t know why Sharpy told me about that, but he did. And I feel like you should be thanking me.”

“Thanking you?” Mike asked incredulously, shaking his head. “Why the hell should I be thanking you?”

“Because I’m going to get you laid.”

Mike let out a bitter laugh. “No, you’re getting us laid. She thinks that the three of us are going to sleep together.”

“I’ll just tell her that I want to watch. You can just pretend that I’m not even there. Unless you want to tell her you changed your mind and aren’t feeling this anymore. Your choice,” Jeff told him, shrugging.

Mike was silent, starting at his fingers curled in Jeff’s shirt. “…Fuck. After this Sharpy and you are dead to me.”

Jeff chuckled as he wrapped his fingers around Mike’s wrists. “That’s fine with me. Now please let go of my shirt.”

“Starting without me, huh boys?”

Both Jeff and Mike jumped at the voice, Jeff’s hands falling to his sides as Mike let go of Jeff’s shirt, stumbling back. “Shit!” they exclaimed in unison.

Eloise giggled softly. “Sorry. Didn’t mean to scare you guys.”

“It’s fine,” Mike mumbled, shoving his hands into his pockets.

“Alright,” Eloise stated, raising a skeptical eyebrow. “Are you ready to go?”

Jeff glanced over at Mike, nodding. “Yeah. We’re ready to go.”

“Great! I was thinking we could take my car. Unless you had other idea.”

“No, taking your car is perfect,” Jeff replied, draping his arm over Mike’s shoulders.

“Awesome,” Eloise murmured, heading over to her car.

Jeff watched her for a second before turning to Mike. “Just tell me if you don’t want to do this, okay?”

Mike rolled his eyes, nudging Jeff gently in the side. “Shut up, asshole. You’re acting like this is my first time. I’ll be fine, just a little nervous right now.”

“Alright, alright. No need to be a smartass. I just wanted to make sure you know you can back out of this at any time.”

“And leave you alone with the smoking hot bartender? Fat chance,” Mike stated as he ducked out from under Jeff’s arm, heading in the direction that Eloise had gone. “Now come on loser! Can’t keep the lady waiting!” he called over his shoulder, grinning.

Jeff chuckled, shaking his head as he followed after Mike. He was glad that his friend wasn’t too mad at him for butting in. He knew that if he were in the other male’s shoes, he would probably be livid. But things were going well, so he wasn’t going to worry about all that stuff too much. He could worry about it in the morning when he was sober. Right now he had to focus on the task at hand: getting Mike laid.

♕♛♕♛


The ride back to Jeff and Mike’s place went a lot faster, and a lot better, than Jeff had expected. He thought that he would have had to carry most of the conversation, but Mike had seemed to have relaxed a little and was holding up his end of the conversation. Jeff would never tell Sharpy this, but the older man was right. Mike did seem to be more confident now that Jeff was there. Mike was totally going to owe him after this night was over.

Once they were pulling into a parking spot in front of their apartment building, Jeff was starting to feel nervous himself. Maybe he should leave now. Mike had gained some confidence and seemed like he could handle this on his own. But there was a part of Jeff that couldn’t just leave. Mainly because he had nowhere else to go since they were at their shared apartment, but also because he kind of wanted to be there. He wanted to be there, and not just because of Mike.

Climbing out of the car, Jeff dug his house keys out of his pocket. “So, whose ready to get this party started?” he asked, wiggling his eyebrow suggestively at the two brunettes.

Mike rolled his eyes, wrapping his arm around Eloise’s waist. “Please ignore my friend. He’s a huge loser who has never gotten laid before,” he whispered in her ear, loud enough for Jeff to hear.

“Hey! Fuck you!” Jeff yelled.

Eloise threw her head back as she laughed. “You two are something else, you know that?”

“You wouldn’t be the first person to say that,” Jeff stated, winking at Mike before he was using his keys to open the front door of the building, holding the door open for the other two.

“Thanks dear,” Mike stated, patting Jeff on the cheek as he guided Eloise into the building.

Jeff stuck his tongue out, even though Mike couldn’t seem him following the other two up the stairs to the second floor apartment he shared with Mike. “I should apologize ahead of time for the fact that our apartment is such a mess. We didn’t expect to have company.”

“Don’t worry about it. I’m not really here to judge how clean your apartment is anyways.”

Jeff exchanged a look with Mike, smirking as he stuck his key into the lock, unlocking the door. “Welcome to our humble abode. Come in and make yourself at home,” Jeff stated as he walked into the apartment.

Eloise hummed softly as she walked in, spinning in a slow circle as she took in the small apartment. “I like it,” she finally stated, smiling at the two males.

“Glad it passes your inspection,” Jeff said with a smirk, turning to shut the door.

Now was when he should tell Eloise that all he wanted to do was to watch. That tonight was about her and Mike. He was just an innocent bystander in all of this. But as he turned back around to say that, there were hands on his shoulders and another pair of lips on his. His eyes widened, whole body tensing. He wasn’t sure how to react. He wanted to kiss Eloise back, but he had pretty much promised Mike that he wasn’t going to get involved.

Eloise frowned as she pulled back. “Well, that was probably the most disappointing kiss I have ever had.”

Mike barked out a laugh, slapping a hand against his thigh. “Oh my god! That’s perfect!”

“Shut up!” Mike growled, raising a hand to flip Mike off, eyes never leaving Eloise’s face. “You just caught me by surprise. I’m actually a very good kisser.”

“Prove it then,” Eloise challenged, raising an eyebrow.

Instead of replying with words, he let his actions do the talking. He wrapped an arm around Eloise’s slender waist, pressing her up against the door. With his free hand he cupped her cheek, smiling to himself when she leaned into his touch. He then ducked his head to press their lips together in a kiss, putting as much feeling into the kiss as he could. He was rewarded by Eloise making a soft noise in the back of her throat, arms wrapping around his neck as she kissed him back.

Inside he was doing a happy dance to the reaction he was getting from the female. While this was not exactly how he had planned things going, he wasn’t exactly upset about the direction in which things seemed to be going. Plus, this was only a kiss. He was sure that Mike wouldn’t be too mad at him for just one kiss.

He deepened the kiss, fingers slipping underneath the hem of Eloise shirt to rest against the bare skin of her hip. He could feel her shiver as she pressed closer to him. He let the kiss go on for a little longer before he was pulling back, a smile already turning up the corners of his mouth. “So…”

Eloise ran her tongue along her lower lip, letting out a shaky breath. “That definitely wasn’t disappointing.”

Jeff chuckled as he unwound his arm from around Eloise’s waist. “I aim to please.”

“It’s my turn to kiss the pretty girl. You can’t hog her, Jeffery,” Mike whine, nudging Jeff out of the way.

Jeff rolled his eyes as he stepped out of the way so that Mike could take his place. He leaned up against the nearest wall, crossing his arms over his chest as he watched the two kiss. It was a lot different than his own kiss with Eloise had been. This kiss seemed to be a lot gentler than the kiss he had shared with the female. It was almost sweet, in a way.

It wasn’t long before Mike was breaking the kiss, nuzzling Eloise’s cheek. “Wow,” he murmured softly.

Eloise giggled softly, running her fingers through Mike’s hair. “Yeah,” she whispered in agreement.

“You two are so gross,” Jeff spoke up, wrinkling his nose at the two of them.

“I hate you,” Mike grumbled as he stepped away from Eloise, turning to glare at Jeff.

Eloise smile as she looked back and forth between the two. “You guys are so cute,” she commented softly, tilting her head to the side. “Now I think that it’s time the two of you kiss.”

“What!?” Jeff and Mike exclaimed in unison.

“You two should kiss now,” Eloise repeated.

Jeff glanced over at Mike with wide eyes, unsure how to handle this. He didn’t really want to kiss the other male, but it was like the words to tell Eloise that were stuck in the back of his throat. He had told her that they would see where the night took them, but he hadn’t thought it would go there.

“Unless you’re too scared to kiss each other,” Eloise added after a long, awkward silence had passed over the three of them.

“We’re not scared,” Mike protested, eyes never leaving Jeff’s face. “We’ll kiss.”

Jeff’s eyes widened at Mike’s words, eyes searching the other male’s face for some sign that he was joking. But Mike had his game face on and didn’t seem to be joking at all. Jeff swallowed hard, shifting nervously from one foot to the other.

“Great!” Eloise stated happily. “You should totally get to kissing now.”

Jeff stood stock still as Mike moved closer to him, the other male placing his hands on Jeff’s hips. “Mike,” he whispered once the male was close. “We don’t have to do this.”

“Consider this payback for butting in where you weren’t wanted,” Mike whispered back as he closed the gap between them, pressing their lips together.

Jeff tensed, eyes falling shut at the first touch of the other male’s lips on his. There was a part of him that wanted to stop this whole thing. He didn’t want to ruin their friendship over something like this. It really wasn’t worth it. But he also knew that it was probably too late for that. Mike’s lips were already on his. They had already crossed a line that they could never go back over. Things were going to be different between the two of them from now on.

He raised his arms, cradling Mike’s face in his hands as he kissed the other male back. It was different than the kiss he had shared with Eloise and different than the kiss he had watched Mike and Eloise share. It was more rough, the two of the battling for control of the kiss. Mike’s fingers were digging into Jeff’s hips as Jeff slid his hands from the side’s of Mike’s face to rest on the back of his neck instead.

“Wow,” Eloise breath out when they had stopped kissing, smiling widely. “I didn’t think you two had it in you.”

Jeff smirked as he pressed a sloppy kiss against Mike’s cheek. “Never underestimate us.”

Eloise laughed softly. “I’ll keep that in mind,” she stated as she curled her fingers in the hem of her shirt, pulling it over her head. “Now, I think there needs to be less talking, more nakedness, and we should take this to the bedroom. What do you boys say?”

Jeff slowly let his eyes graze over Eloise’s body, licking his lips. He looked over at Mike, raising an eyebrow. This was probably their last chance to back out and he would go along with whatever Mike wanted to do.

Mike looked back and forth between Jeff and Eloise before he was shrugging, quickly stripping off his shirt. “Let’s take this to the bedroom,” he stated as he held a hand out to Eloise.

Eloise grinned as she placed her hand in Mike’s. “Lead the way!”

“Come along Jeffery,” Mike stated as he lead Eloise towards his bedroom.

Jeff rolled his eyes, taking off his shirt and dropping it on the ground with the other shirts. “Coming dear!” he called out, heading after the other two.

♕♛♕♛


The next morning, Jeff woke up with his face buried in someone’s neck, the sound of bacon cooking coming from the kitchen. Groaning softly, he rolled onto his back, slowly blinking his eyes open. The events from last night were slowly coming back to him the more he woke up making his stomach roll. He still couldn’t believe that he and Mike had kissed. He couldn’t believe that they had ended up naked in bed together. They hadn’t done much more than kiss and a little touching above the waist, but it was more than he thought that they would do. He just hoped that this wouldn’t change

Jeff tilted his head to the side, noticing for the first time that he had been snuggling with Mike. Which meant that Eloise was the one cooking breakfast. A part of him wanted to get up and go take a shower because he felt gross, but the other part of him wasn’t ready to face the female just yet.

So instead he reached over, poking Mike’s cheek. “Mike. Wake up.”

Mike groaned, batting at Jeff’s hand. “Leave me alone.”

“Wake up so that we can talk.”

“No.”

“This is important.”

“Fuck. Off.”

“You’re a real ass in the morning, you know that?”

Mike huffed out a sigh, slowly blinking his eyes open. “Talk.”

“We had a threesome last night.”

“You woke me up for that? Because I remember what happened last night. I was there, in case you forgot.”

“I’m sorry, I’ve never had a threesome with a strange woman and my best friend before. I don’t exactly know what to do now.”

“You had fun, right?” Mike asked.

Jeff bit down on the inside of his cheek, nodding. “Yeah, it was fun.”

“Then what you do is enjoy the fact that you had your first threesome and let me go back to sleep.”

“But what about us?”

Mike raised an eyebrow. “What about us?”

“Are things going to be different between the two of us now?”

“Things aren’t going to change if we don’t let them. I mean, this isn’t going to become a regular thing. We aren’t going to sleeping together all the time. It’ll just be a good memory that we’ll share.”

“You’re right. I don’t know why I was worried.”

“I usually am right,” Mike stated with a grin.

Jeff grabbed a pillow, hitting Mike with it. “Asshole.”

“Fucker,” Mike growled as he grabbed his own pillow to hit Jeff with.

“Am I interrupting something?”

Both Jeff and Mike dropped their pillows, turning to look at Eloise standing in the doorway with a plate in each hand.

“No,” Mike answered, quickly shaking his head.

“Just messing around,” Jeff added.

“Alright,” Eloise stated, smiling as she walked over to the bed. “I made you guys some breakfast.”

“You are the best,” Jeff gushed, stomach grumbling as he took the plate that Eloise held out to him.

“Yeah,” Mike agreed as he took the other plate. “I don’t think anyone I’ve hooked up with before has made me breakfast. This is a treat.”

“I didn’t really mind doing it,” Eloise said with a shrug. “Gave me something to do while the two of you were sleeping.”

“Still, this is amazing. Especially because Mike and I both suck at cooking,” Jeff stated, taking a bite of his eggs, groaning softly. “Holy shit, this is delicious.”

“Best eggs I have ever had!” Mike piped up in-between shoveling food into his mouth.

“Thanks,” Eloise murmured, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, blushing lightly. “So, I was thinking of heading out. I just wanted to see if you would want my number. Just in case you wanted to do this again.”

Jeff paused in his eating, sharing a look with Mike. He was fine with this being a one-time thing, but he didn’t know if he wanted to do this again or if Mike wanted to.

Mike tapped his fork against his plate as he stared at Jeff. “I don’t think it would hurt if you left your number with us. I honestly wouldn’t mind a repeat of last night.”

“Really? Awesome!” Eloise stated happily as she pulled a piece of paper and pen out of her pocket. She tore the paper in half, scribbling her number down on both pieces before holding them out to the males. “There you guys go.”

“Great,” Mike stated as he took his piece, grinning at Eloise.

Jeff took his piece of paper, staring down at the number scribbled on it. He couldn’t really believe this was happening. This was supposed to be a one-time thing. Why had Mike said that he wanted to do it again?

“I look forward to hearing from you guys. I had a lot of fun,” Eloise stated before kissing both of them on the cheeks. “I’ll see you guys later,” she added, waving as she walked out of the bedroom.

“Bye!” Jeff called out as he watched her leave, waiting for the sound of the front door closing before looking at Mike. “What the hell?!”

“What?”

“What happened to this being a one time thing?”

Mike rolled his eyes lightly. “Did you really think I was going to let her leave without getting her number? I just told her what she wanted to hear.”

“So there wont’ be a repeat of last night?”

“Not unless you want there to be,” Mike answered. “I’ll just tell her you chickened out and didn’t want a repeat. I’ll get her all to myself then.”

“Alright, I think I ca-Wait!” Jeff exclaimed, frowning. “Why do you get her for yourself?”

“Because I saw her first, duh.”

“She would have never gone home with you if it wasn’t for me though.”

“You don’t know that for sure.”

“Yes I do.”

“She looked like she would have had more fun watching paint dry than she did talking to you.”

Mike frowned, reaching over to punch Jeff in the arm. Hard. “Fuckhead.”

“Ouch! That hurt you dipshit!”
“Good!”

Jeff set his plate down on the bed so that he could return the favor, punching Mike in the thigh. “Take that, dickwad.”

Mike let out a loud yelp, reaching down to rub his hand over the spot where Jeff had just punched. “Just for that I’m going to make sure that I’m the one that gets Eloise. You are su-“

“Wait a second,” Jeff snapped, slapping a hand over Mike’s mouth. “We shouldn’t be fighting over her like this. We should let her choose who she wants.”

Mike raised an eyebrow, response muffled by Jeff’s hand.

“Yeah,” Jeff murmured as he dropped his hand away from Mike’s mouth. “We can both take her on dates, try and impress her, that kind of shit. Than after a while, we’ll let her choose which one of us she wants to be with. It’s only the fair way to go.”

Mike was silent as he let Jeff’s words sink in, slowly nodding his head. “Alright. Yeah. That sounds like a fair deal. You just can’t get too mad when she picks me over you.”

“Oh, I won’t be mad because she will never pick you,” Jeff stated with a smirk as he picked his plate back up.

There was no way in hell he was going to let Mike get the girl. Jeff knew that he had this in the bag. Getting Eloise to pick him would be almost as good as winning the Stanley Cup. Almost.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have done a lot of research on dates for this story so far. I think it's the most research that I have done for any story ever. But anyway, here's the next chapter! I hope that everyone enjoys it! :)