Wonderland

never better

Alice could feel a growing sense of panic, perspiration starting to dot her forehead. She squeezed Adam’s hand, her eyes wide as they moved through the club, the lights and music assaulting her senses.

He pulled her close, letting go of her hand to wrap an arm around her waist, leading her to the bar. She leaned against it and shut her eyes.

A hand on her chin was turning her face and she opened her eyes, Adam the only thing in her line of vision. He grinned, and she took a deep breath, trying to steady herself.

She blinked and saw he was offering her a shot—she took it and set the glass on the bar. There might have been another one, but she couldn’t remember and suddenly they were in the crowd.

Sweaty bodies surrounded them, and Adam pulled her to him, moving along with thumping bass line of the song. Alice had both hands on the sides of his face, staring up at him, possibly seeing him more clearly than she had before, and she could fully appreciate just how truly beautiful he was.

She pulled his face to hers, lips seeking lips. The kiss was sloppy and wet but that didn’t matter. She loved the feel of his skin, and the stubble on his face scratching her. She ran her hands through his hair and he pulled her tighter to him.

The moments blurred together, there may have been more alcohol, another pill, indistinct city lights against a dark sky…

And then they were naked, tangled together with bed sheets and pillows in complete ecstasy. Alice had never experienced something so wild and out there. She never wanted it to end.
♠ ♠ ♠
You held on tight to me, cause nothing's as it seems...