Everytime You Kiss Me (Sunshine & Whiskey)

Injuries Aren't Always a Bad Thing

~ September 26,2014, 3-3 scrimmage~

Beau:(skates through the middle and passes the puck, turns)

Kasperi Kapanen:(turns into Beau and catches Beau's blade on his own)

Beau:(falls to the ice at an awkward angle. Visibly is pain,is helped down to the trainers office, sits on examining table)

Kelsi:(sitting at her desk, looking over medical papers. Sees Beau) "What's up?"

Beau:"We were uh, scrimmaging, Kapi's skate hit mine and I fell. My knee hurts like hell"

Kelsi:"Alright well, I'll get your skates off. Take off your top stuff so you're more comfortable."

Beau:(starts taking top stuff off)

Kelsi:(lightly tugs his skate off)

Beau:(squeaks in pain)

Kelsi:"Sorry. I'm being as gentle as possible."

Beau:(nods, takes off the rest of his top stuff)

Kelsi:"Alright, lay down for me so we can get your bottom stuff off"

Beau:(lays down)

Kelsi:(tugs Beau's hockey pants off and carefully takes off his socks and shin guards)"Alright, let's see what we're working with here (lightly presses his knee) that hurt?"

Beau:(nods)

Kelsi:"hmm (examines him for another half hour) alright looks like you sprained your MCL. Take some anti-inflammatory's, ice it and use these (hands him crutches) try to keep weight off your knee as much as possible. At least for the first couple weeks"

Beau:(takes crutches)"How long will I be out?"

Kelsi:"hard to say, but you're probably looking at a six-week minimum."

Beau:"Fuck!"

Kelsi:"Relax. Getting upset over it isn't gonna make it magically heal."

Beau:(sighs)"I know."

Kades: (comes in)"The guys all left. We can go whenever you'd like Kels." (Walks back out)

Kelsi:"do you have a way to get home?"

Beau:"yeah my car is here...... But I can't drive it."

Kelsi:"I'll drive you home then."

Beau:"What about your car?"

Kelsi:"Kades drove me, my car is having work done"

Beau:"Oh. Well uh, I can just have Bortz drive me home. We share an apartment"

Kelsi:"Bortz is staying late today for extra work."

Beau:"he is? How do you know that?"

Kelsi:"He told Kades. Kades told me."

Beau:"Ah, ok."

Kelsi:"Alright let me ask Dana to come get your equipment. (Sees Dana in the hallway) hey Dana!"

Dana:"Hi Kelsi. What's up?"

Kelsi:"Can you take Beau's equipment down to the locker room? I'm gonna drive him home."

Dana:"Yeah sure. See you tomorrow."

Kelsi:"Thanks Dana! (To Beau) let's go down to Kades office, I need to let him know he doesn't have to take me home."

Beau:"alright"

Kelsi:(walks into Kades office)"Kades I'm heading out."

Kades:"Alright. Let's go then."

Beau:(hobbles up behind Kelsi)

Kelsi:"Actually, (points to Beau) I'm driving gimpy home."

Kades:"Oh alright. See you tomorrow then Kels. Have a good afternoon and evening."

Kelsi:"You too Kades!"

~in Beau's car~

Beau:"So uh, where are you from?"

Kelsi:"I was born in Rochester, NY."

Beau:"Oh cool. I'm from Gardena, CA."

Kelsi:"Cool. I've never been to Cali before. Is it nice?"

Beau:"yeah. It's perfect. You should go sometime."

Kelsi:" I almost went with my... Nevermind"

Beau:"Went with who? If you don't mind me asking that is?"

Kelsi:"my ex-boyfriend. We were supposed to go to LA for a week, for our one-year anniversary. But about a week before, he came over, totally shit-faced. I told him to leave, he didn't like that idea so he started punching me. My roommate walked in, saw what was happening and called the police. My ex is in jail now."

Beau:(shocked)"I'm so sorry. I don't know how anyone could think it's okay to hit you."

Kelsi:"He was drunk. I provoked him. It's my own fault."

Beau:(shakes his head)" No it's not. No matter if you provoked him or not, he had absolutely no right to put his hands on you! I'm a firm believer that violence is NEVER okay, especially a pretty girl like you."

Kelsi:"That's a good philosophy..... Did you just call me pretty?"

Beau:(blushes)"Sorry. It slipped but yeah you're beautiful."

Kelsi:(blushes)"Well thank you. You're pretty handsome yourself"

Beau :(blushes)"thanks. Oh um, this is my place."

Kelsi:"oh okay. (Pulls into the driveway)"

Beau:"Um, do you wanna come in? I mean, just for some lunch maybe?"

Kelsi:" yeah. Sure (smiles and gets out of the car)"

Beau:"When Bortz gets here, he will probably be able to drive you home."

Kelsi:"alright."

Beau:"Go ahead and sit at the breakfast bar. (Looks around for food) nUm, I kinda don't have any food here.... Bortz and I need to go shopping"

Kelsi:"That's fine, I'm not really hungry anyway. Do you have any movies?"

Beau:"Yeah. We have a lot of different movies. Go ahead and pick one. I'm gonna go upstairs and change and use the bathroom."

Kelsi:"Alright."

~15 minutes later, Beau comes downstairs~

Beau:"You pick one?"

Kelsi:"yeah. (Holds up "Miracle") is this okay?"

Beau:"of course. Whatever you want." (Sits on couch)

Kelsi:(puts movie in the player, sits on couch and lays head on Beau's lap) "I love this movie."

Beau:(smiles)"So do I."

~1 hour later~

Bortz:(walks inside)"SUNSHINE I'M (sees Kelsi and Beau asleep on the couch) .... home. (Quietly walks upstairs)

~5 hours later, 10:30 pm~

Beau:(wakes up and checks the time)"Kels? Kelsi, wake up. It's 10:30"

Kelsi:(wakes up)"Huh?"

Beau:"It's 10:30, Bortz is probably already asleep."

Kelsi:"So I have no way to get home?"

Beau:(shakes head, sadly)"I'm sorry Kels. You're more than welcome to stay here though, you can take my bed. I'll take the couch."

Kelsi:(shakes head)"I'll take the couch. You're hurt, you should be comfortable."

Beau:"I refuse to allow you to sleep on the couch."

Kelsi:"Well I refuse to allow YOU to sleep on the couch."

Beau:(shyly)"We could share my bed? (Worried) I don't mean that in a creepy way, I promise!"

Kelsi:"Sounds good to me, I get to share a bed with a cute boy."

Beau:"Alright. Let's go up then."

~upstairs~

Beau:(gets into bed and sets his crutches next to the bed)

Kelsi:"Um, Beau?"

Beau:"Hmm?"

Kelsi:"Do you have shorts and a shirt I could borrow? I have nothing to sleep in."

Beau:"Oh yeah. Hold on (gets up and slowly walks to his dresser, pulls out a pair of black shorts and a Denver Pioneers shirt.) here, they'll probably be a little big on you, but they'll do."

Kelsi:(takes the clothes, goes into the bathroom and changes clothes, walks out)"Denver eh?"

Beau:"Yeah. I went there for 2 years. After I was drafted..... Why do you say "eh?" If you're American?"

Kelsi:"Oh cool. (Laughs) and because I went to Canada for a year during college , to get hands-on training. The school I went to had deals set-up with Canadian teams. I actually trained under the Athletic Trainer for the Halifax Mooseheads. I stayed in Cole Harbour though, just because they thought I'd like it there. I loved it, the Harbour is beautiful. Since then, it's like a second home to me. I picked up on a lot of the dialect. "

Beau:"Oh. Cool. You should talk to Sid, he's from Cole Harbour."

Kelsi:(laughs)"I know Beau. Every hockey fan knows that."

Beau:"oh right. (Looks at the clock) it's 11:30. We should probably get some rest. (Pulls Kelsi onto the bed and into him) are you okay if we cuddle?"

Kelsi:"Of course". (Cuddles into Beau, falls asleep)