Life and Death

tale as old as time

When considering life and death, the two seem like complete opposites. In retrospect, it is understandable to think that what life creates, death destroys. You're not too far off, but let me tell you a story that's so old that time has not been able to touch it or define it.

Life and Death have been walking the earth and even the heavens and underworld since the beginning of creation. The Universe made Life the ruler of all the light and good in the world, while Death was to be the bringer of pain and misery once Life's creations had lived too long. You would think that the two would hate each other, because no matter what Life creates, Death eventually destroy it. However, it is actually quite the opposite. In fact, Life and Death are desperately in love.

Because they are so different, as different as the Sun and the Moon, they can never be together. The Universe simply forbids their love to bloom. Their gifts are too different to thrive together. They tried to be together, but Death being too close to Life soon saw the strain, saw the way Life did not glow as brightly, was not as brilliantly beautiful. Death's powers were too much. Should Death reach out to touch Life, the entire Universe would become chaos.

However, Life found its own way to show its love and devotion to Death. Life loves Death so much that it creates the most beautiful gifts, whether it be a beautiful rose or a shining star in the sky, and gives them all to Death. Life handing over these perfectly crafted, beautiful gifts to Death is as close as they will ever come to being together. Death keeps these gifts from Life, immortalizing them in the afterlife and keeping them forever.