Niszczyciel

Like The Wolf

I tossed my books into my locker, slamming the door closed and turning to rest my back against it. First period had barely ended and my mind was locked on the mysterious Roman Godfrey. I shouldn't have given two shits about him, and I wouldn't have had he not given me the feelings he did.

Something wasn't right about him, about the weird energy that seemed to spark when I saw him. At least it was good to know that I wasn't the only one experiencing it as he'd gotten the hell out of that classroom as soon as the bell had rang without a look back.

"So, that was weird." I looked down at Mel as she had come over resting on the locker beside me, she was surprisingly a good foot shorter than me. I raised an eyebrow bringing my binder up to my chest. "Roman was watching you the entire class. I think Rebecca is going to try and murder you or something." She giggled, pushing her glasses back to her eyes as they had begun to slide down the bridge of her nose. It was probably a mistake talking back to her as she now seemed to think we were friends of some sort.

I shrugged, turning to head for my next class and stopping dead in my tracks. The largest girl I'd seen in my life was stomping slowly down the hall in our direction. Her head was down, books clutched tightly to her chest. I couldn't help but to stare in awe at the girl. Her hair was draped over her face, but I could still make out the faint blue glow from beneath her jet black bangs.

A group of girls walking by began laughing, and giving dramatic Frankenstein walks.

"That's Shelley." Mel whispered as she'd stomped past us. I looked back at the girls continuing to laugh at Shelley. What a fucked up world we live in. "People say that she was created in the basement at the Godfrey Institute." I looked down at Mel giving her a fierce look. If there was one thing I couldn't stand, it was bullying. She raised her hands in a defensive manner. "Not me, that's just what people say."

I rolled my eyes continuing down the hall, Mel following behind. "So, what else do people say around here." I asked, hoping for more information on Roman.

"Well, you see that scruffy looking guy coming this way?" I looked up accidentally making eye-contact with the guy. He had shaggy brown hair and a good week's worth of stubble.

He pulled his lips together into a tight smile, playfully raising both eyebrows at me as we passed. I frowned looking down at my feet.

"Awkward." Mel whispered looking down as well. "Well," she paused, looking back to make sure he was out of earshot, "he's a werewolf." I sucked my teeth in disbelief. There was no way she was being serious. I mean, a werewolf? Someone had literally started a rumor about the guy being a werewolf and everyone just believed them?

I shook my head walking away from her. I was unable to deal with her nonsense any longer. It appeared there was more wrong with this town than just Roman Godfrey.

Seven hours later I was sitting alone in front of the school on one of the cement ramp railings. Rammstein was playing in my ears as I aimlessly shuffled through my iPod ignoring the other students as they passed. I didn't care what sort of rumors they started about me, I wasn't looking to associate with anyone else after Mel's craziness.

I periodically looked up, searching for my dad's black BMW. I had only been waiting about five minutes, but I was already beginning to contemplate walking. I had been lucky enough not to run into Roman or Mel again and I didn't want to risk hanging around too much longer.

I squinted as a hairy face appeared in front of me. As my focus adjusted I noticed it was the werewolf guy and he appeared to waiting for something. I looked around, pulling out my right earphone.

"Yeah?" I questioned, peering around him for my dad. People were now eyeing the two like he was about to maul me to death.

"I said 'boo'." He adjusted his bag, waiting for some sort of response. Probably because of the awkward eye contact this morning.

"Don't you think maybe a 'howl' would have been more appropriate?" I asked, giving him a half smile. He pinched his lips together giving a defeated shrug before taking a seat beside me.

"Little Red and the big bag wolf." He sighed, referring to the red ribbon in my blonde hair. "Seems about right, doesn't it?" I couldn't resist a smile, shaking my head as I wrapped my iPod.

"What's your name wolfman?" I asked, tossing my bag over my shoulders. He raised an eyebrow, seeming surprised by the question.

"So your little friend didn't even know my name?" He placed a hand over his chest. "I'm wounded." I guess he did hear us.

"She isn't my friend, she's a nutcase." I retorted. He didn't really seemed bothered by it though.

"Peter." He answered casually folding his arms across his chest. "And..."

"Nisa." My full name tended to raise too many questions and I didn't really feel like going there at the moment.

"You know, Nisa," Peter began, "normally when people don't have a ride they take the bus." I raised an eyebrow, looking around at the three buses parked behind Peter.

"I guess that means I have a ride then huh?" This made him smile as he stood up, readjusting his bag.

"I'll see ya around Little Red." I watched as he walked away towards the buses. Was there actually someone normal in Hemlock Grove?
♠ ♠ ♠
So... this is what Nisa's wearing. She's portrayed by Cara Delevingne because I love her...