Niszczyciel

Blame Game

A moan escaped my lips at the sensation coming from between my thighs. My fingers worked their way down my abdomen, entangling in a mess of sticky hair working furiously to please me.

My back arched as a pair of hands slid up my thighs to grasp my hips, firmly holding me in place. I reached my hands up, intending to stifle my cries and smearing something on my face. Holding my hands out, I saw that I was covered in blood.

I sat up, Roman raising his head from between my thighs to reveal a blood stained smile. He stood up, taking a thumb to wipe some blood from his chin and licking it clean.

I watched in horror as he continued to smile at me, licking his lips.

"Just can't help yourself, can ya Little Red?" I turned at the sound of Peter's voice. He walked over to stand beside Roman, extending a hand to me.

"No, I cant stop it." I pleaded, shaking my head as I backed away from them only to slip as the room began filling with blood. Roman disapprovingly shook his head.

"You feel it too, the hunger." Roman said it as though it was a fact. I tried to stand as the blood reached my neck, but I couldn't lift my hands from the floor. Peter and Roman were almost knee deep and didn't seem to even notice it. "So disappointing." He sighed, turning his back on me.

"No!" I managed, taking in a mouthful as I was now completely immersed. I could just make out Peter through the blood, still standing there, watching me drown.

"See ya on the other side Little Red."


I opened my eyes. I was in my bed, clutching my sheets in a death grip. It was just a dream, of course it was just a dream. Rolling over, the neon numbers of my alarm clock mockingly flashed 5:58 am, two minutes before my alarm.

I groaned, turning the alarm off and climbing out of bed. Time for another fun filled day in Hemlock Grove.

"God, you look awful sweetheart." I glanced over at my dad, pouring over some notes on the dining room table.

Our home here in Hemlock Grove was a lot fancier than our old one in Amherst. The structure was some sort of marble or stone and the inside looked like it came out of some home design magazine. I hated it, it was too much for just the two of us.

Making my way to the coffee pot, I poured myself a mug before taking a seat beside my father. He was munching a bagel and calculating some formula. I peeked over at one of the pages that read Godfrey Institute at the top.

"What's that?" I pointed to the name. He looked up, gathering the paperwork together as though he didn't want me reading it. Like I could've understood anything else on the paper.

"Nisa, I've told you about a million times about my new employer." I shrugged taking a sip of my black coffee.

"I go to school with a kid who's last name is Godfrey." At this he perked up, probably taking it as me finding an interest in his job.

"Well, actually, you go to school with two. Roman and Shelley. Big names in this town." I gave a faint smile before standing up and taking my mug to the sink.

"Yeah, I better get going." I walked over to him, holding out a hand for the keys to my new car which I hadn't even seen yet.

"It's the white one." He informed me, pulling a set of keys from his pocket. "And be careful! Love you!" He called after me as I headed out the door.

"You too!" I replied letting the front door swing shut behind me.

I've never been a big automotive person, but I could tell my new car was expensive. It was too shiny, had too many sharp angles and made me uncomfortable to be seen driving it. I parked in the back of the parking lot and waited until most of the kids were inside before stepping out. Doing so made me late, but I didn't want any more attention.

I stepped out of the car, slinging my bag over my shoulder and shoving my keys into my back pocket. I didn't bother locking the car, maybe if I was lucky someone would steal it before the day was through.

"Moving up in the world eh Little Red?" I immediately regretted wearing my red overcoat. Actually, I owned quite a bit of red clothing come to think of it.

I looked back at Peter as he walked up behind me onto school grounds. I reached up to adjust my beanie.

"Trying not to." I confessed starting for the school. After last nights episode, I wasn't entirely sure I wanted to talk with Peter today.

"So," I frowned, focusing on my feet as Peter called after me, "I'm guessing you're now starting to believe the werewolf rumors? Since your clearly trying to avoid me." I stopped, looking back at Peter.

"What? No, that's ridiculous." He raised a brow as though I was obviously bullshitting him. He shook his head walking away. "What do you mean now?" It was an odd question and as much as I hated to admit it, my curiosity was getting the best of me. He stopped, probably deciding if I was being serious or not.

"Wait, you didn't hear?" I raised an eyebrow, giving him a shrug. "They found a girl dead, looked like she was eaten."  A shiver ran through me as images swarmed my mind. If she was eaten that meant blood and lots of it. I swallowed hard, clenching my hands and forcing the thoughts from my mind.

"Guess I just assumed people'd be blaming the gypsy. Shit, the cops already think it was me." I looked up at Peter. I couldn't help but to feel pity for him. People were fucked up.

"Fuck the cops." I told him. He gave a chuckle.

"Thanks Little Red." I gave him a smile as he walked on to the school and it might have actually been genuine. I hadn't anticipated making any friends here in Hemlock Grove, though I hadn't anticipated meeting a werewolf either. Even if it was a bullshit title.

First period was different today. Not because I was late, but because Roman and I paid almost no attention to each other. The only explanation I could think of was the dead girl, that's were my mind was at least. I was salivating at the thought of the carnage and it frightened me yet it was all I wanted to think of.

"Nisa, we've got a serious problem." I shut my locker door to find Mel looking more frazzled than usual. I couldn't help rolling my eyes.

"Which is?" I said it as politely as possible, though I had to admit Mel's concern about what the rest of the school thought was beginning to annoy me. 

"People are beginning to talk about," She paused adjusting her glasses and looking away as a group of girls walked past glancing heavily at me. That was new... "You've been seen hanging with Peter twice and they're starting to say you're... well that you're a witch." I scoffed looking around the hall in disbelief. "Also, because your name."

"It's Polish." I explained rolling my eyes. "You know what, it doesn't even matter." I laughed walking away as she'd again looked down as though she wasn't talking to me.

After school I headed straight for my car, no longer caring who saw me climb into it. Of course no one had stolen it, it kinda stood out from most senior vehicles. I slipped the key into the engine, preparing to speed off when there was a knock on my window. It was Peter. I watched as he walked around to the passenger door and climbed in.

"So, apparently we're partners." I let out a sigh, leaning back in my seat.

"Yeah." He replied awkwardly. "That's why I wanted to ask you to come with me."

"Excuse me?" Peter threw up his hands defensively.

"I only meant to the crime scene, not like away or anything." Okay, there were no normal people here.

"Okay, first of all I barely even know you. No, I don't think you're a werewolf but that doesn't mean you couldn't be the killer." Peter frowned, staring at me for a moment in disbelief.

"Nisa, do you honestly think I killed that girl?" I rolled my eyes turning to face the windshield. Honestly, no I didn't think Peter was the killer and I wasn't exactly sure why as I really didn't know him that well. "I just wanna go look around, see if there's something the police missed." This was crazy.

"Where am I going?" I asked starting the car. Peter sat up, facing forward.

"We gotta wait till its dark, I'll show you where to meet me."

The minutes passed slowly. I wasn't suppose to meet Peter until after seven at the park, so I sat alone waiting in my car. The girl was killed in a fucking park and here I was waiting alone in the dark in that same park. I was such an idiot.

Dad wasn't home yet, though he never really seemed to care what I did so long as I didn't hurt anyone or involve the police. If my mother had still been alive, it would have been an entirely different story. I wasn't even entirely sure I missed her. When she'd died it was as though she left this hole, but something was beginning to fill that void. Something dark and evil, I could feel it and yet I couldn't explain what it was or stop it, just that there was a part of me that was welcoming it.

I looked over at Peter as he'd knocked on my window, obviously trying to scare me.

"Jesus, you must have balls of steal." He laughed as I climbed out, pulling my beanie on.

"Sure." I shoved my hands into my pockets. "Well, lead the way." I motioned towards the park. Peter shook his head with a smile as he led the way.

"What exactly are we looking for?" I asked, glancing around to make sure we were alone.

"Hell, I don't know." I rolled my eyes. That was reassuring. He stopped as we reached what looked like a small shed.

"Can I tell you a secret?" He whispered, dropping to his knees in the sand.

"Sure?" I crossed my arms, catching a glimpse of something overhead.

"I didn't kill that girl, Nisa." They were lanterns, hundreds maybe floating into the night sky. Peter stood up, looking up at them with me. "But those rumors weren't entirely wrong." I looked back down at Peter.

What was that suppose to mean? Was he trying to tell me he actually was a werewolf? I opened my mouth to speak when we were both interrupted.

"What did it feel like?" We turned to find Roman Godfrey standing not ten feet from us.

"What did what feel like?" Peter snapped back. It appeared I wasn't the only person not too fond of Roman.

For a moment he didn't respond, just glared at Peter and I accusingly.

"Killing that girl."
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh Lord, this chapter was awkward for me. Also, I made this .