Niszczyciel

Blood and Secrets

We were all silent for a moment and I almost feared that a fight would break out. Roman was glaring at Peter with clenched fists. I wasn't afraid of Roman Godfrey, but he was a lot bigger than myself so I took a step away from Peter in case Roman did decide to lunge at him. It was odd--Roman seemed to be accusing both Peter and I only he wasn't giving me such a hateful look, in fact, he wasn't looking at me at all.

"I didn't kill her, I figured it was you." Peter seemed calm enough as he shot down Roman's accusations.

"Me?" Roman sounded about as surprised as Peter had been by his accusation.

"Why would any of us have killed her?" The question was to Peter, though I found myself looking at Roman. My mouth was beginning to grow dry as I began seeing him as he'd been in my dream--smiling and dripping blood from those perfect lips of his.

"Then it was you?" Roman ignored my question, finally directing his attention towards me. I thought I noticed him swallow rather hard before giving me a quick look over.

He was beginning to feel it again too. It was a near indescribable feeling of hunger, a craving. I couldn't decide whether I wanted to drain him dry or fuck him until our bodies simply gave out.

"Hey, Nisa didn't do shit." Peter snapped, taking a step closer towards me and throwing an arm out across my body as if shielding me from Roman's gaze. I took a breath, focusing on a spot in the grass as Peter had snapped me out of my thoughts.

"People are saying you're a werewolf." I noticed Roman shift uncomfortably, leaning towards Peter accusingly. People were also saying that I was a witch, for some reason, though I was thankful Roman didn't go as far as to bring that bit up.

"You believe every rumor you hear?" Peter replied incredulously, dropping his arm back to his side. Apparently he hadn't gotten the memo the last two days of school because everyone in this town seemed to believe every rumor they heard.

"Then why are we all here?" I looked back up at Roman as he had stepped even closer to us, but stopped once his eyes locked with mine. My heart was pounding in my chest as I took a deep breath, deciding to focus on Peter. My mouth was becoming so dry, I could feel my throat sticking together as I tried to swallow whatever saliva had accumulated beneath my tongue.

"You ever hear of a coincidence?" Peter was being a smart ass, but Roman chose to ignore it. He seemed genuinely disappointed about the death of this girl which surprised me as he didn't really seem like the type to feel anything.

"Are you sure it wasn't you?"

"You could try to contain your disappointment." Peter's face had fallen in a look of annoyance.

"If it wasn't either of you, then who was it?" Again, Roman's eyes had returned to me.

"We're not sure, that's why we're here." Peter shot me a wide-eyed look, indicating that I had just shared private information. I was done with it all, the dead girl, Roman, Peter, I just wanted to go home. I had my own fucked up problems to deal with without throwing some dead girl and a guy that seemed to send both my lady parts and inner psycho into a panic by just being near me.

"It's weird." Roman looked away from me, towards the shed where the girl had been killed. "I knew her. I mean, I didn't know her know her, but I'd seen her--like at parties and stuff." He licked his lips and I didn't care about the dead girl. I know I should have, it was sad in a way I supposed, but a dead girl was a dead girl. I'd never cared much for death, well it didn't bother me. I hadn't even cried when my mother died right next to me, both of us covered head to toe in her blood. She was crying, telling me that everything was going to be okay, but I didn't cry with her, I just stared--watched as she'd bled out and onto me.

God, there was so much blood. That was when the nightmares began.

"She liked my car." Roman added, shoving his hands into his pockets.

"It's a nice car." Peter responded, obviously feeling uncomfortable with the whole situation.

I closed my eyes as my head began to spin. Images of my mother, the blood, Roman--they were all swimming about my thoughts and it was too much. My head was pounding, everything was becoming uncomfortably warm, dry. I turned around just as Roman had gone to attempt small talk.

"Little Red, where you going?" Peter called out, cutting Roman off as he'd done so. Squeezing my eyes shut for a moment, I placed my palm on my forehead, hoping to provide some sort of coolness before turning around to face the two boys.

"I just," taking a breath, I looked up and my eyes somehow instantly found Roman's, looking almost as panicked as I was beginning to feel. Could he sense what was happening to me? If he was experiencing whatever was happening to me, he wasn't showing it. "I gotta get the hell outta here."

"Hey, I didn't--" If he was trying to apologize, Roman never got the chance as a police siren wailed closely, just before the three of us were blinded by a set of headlights.

"Shit!" Peter grabbed hold of arm, trying to pull me back towards the woods we'd come from.

"It's cool--it's cool." Peter took a step back pulling me with him and ready to haul ass as Roman stretched a long arm out to stop him. "Don't run! Don't run." We watched Roman approach the officers.

"Is he fucking crazy?" Peter whispered, letting go of my arm. I took a step back, ready to flee if things went south. I hadn't parked far and I knew they wouldn't be able to keep up once I got back into my ridiculously expensive car.

"It's that Godfrey kid." I thought I heard one of the officers say, though they were quite a distance away and not speaking loudly. I squinted as their flashlight beams found their way to me and Peter, clearly getting a good look at us. It would be useless to run now, there was nothing to do but watch.

In one, sudden movement, one of the officers reached forward to grab Roman. Roman's entire body seemed to shift towards the officer, though out of his reach, and Peter and I watched as Roman leaned down slightly, so that he was eye level with the officer. Both of them were still as Roman said something to the officer, keeping eye contact with the man who seemed to be hypnotized or something.

It wasn't a moment later, both officers were getting back into their police cruiser.

"What the fuck was that?" I breathed, mesmerized by the scene that had just unfolded. Peter had no answer for me, but when I looked up at him he was just staring at Roman seemingly surprised as I was. Roman turned around, a triumphant smile spread across his face.

"How'd you do that?" Peter asked, taking the words right out of my mouth. Roman had literally just told the cops what to do and they'd done it. There was no way in hell any of that had been normal.

"Do what?" As the words left his mouth, a trickle of blood oozed its way from Roman's nose.

It was nothing more than a few drops, but the smell was intoxicating. I let out a low growl, taking a few slow steps back. It took every ounce of strength I had to walk away from it, because I wanted it, I wanted nothing more than to lick every last drop from Roman's face. I wanted to tear into his flesh and drink his corpse dry. Holding my breath, I turned my back on both boys and ran. I could hear my heart pounding in my ears, my body was screaming go back--to drink and drink until I could no longer.

I was back home within minutes, but something was terribly wrong. No sooner had I made it through the front door, I collapsed, struggling to breath as my tongue felt like it was swelling in my throat. I needed something to drink, I needed...

The bright light from the refrigerator momentarily blinded me as the house had been completely dark, but I quickly grabbed a bottle of water and downed it in two, large gulps. It did nothing.

Falling to my knees, I grabbed my throat, wanting to cry out for my dad and unable to. I didn't even know if he was home yet.

Leaning up to find something else, I saw my dad's container of chicken livers. I hated liver, but they were floating in a pool of blood and I couldn't tell you what ran through my head, but I grabbed the container.

Peeling the lid back, it didn't smell like liver. It didn't smell anything like Roman's blood had, but didn't smell like blood should either. This wasn't right, and I knew that, but I pushed the thought from my mind as I lifted the clear plastic to my lips.

The instantaneous relief nearly overwhelmed me as the cool liquid made it's way down my sore throat. It was unlike anything I'd ever experienced and a moan escaped my lips as I continued to drink around the lumps of meat floating around the container.

Tilting the container back, I could feel the liquid beginning to thin as it was running out. I dropped the container to the floor, licking the blood from my lips before grabbing the little lumps of meat, sucking whatever blood I could get from them. I wanted more--I needed more and there just wasn't enough!

"Nisa?" My father's voice cut through the silence, pulling me back to reality. I dropped the meat in my hands, staring at my now blood soaked fingers. I could feel the blood on my face, my shirt. What the fuck was happening to me?

"Dad?" I managed as tears swelled up behind my eyes. I couldn't stop them, but I didn't want to. Something was happening to me, something evil. I couldn't stop it and I was afraid. "What's happening to me?" I choked through sobs, hanging my head, unable to look at him in such a monstrous state.

I felt my dad's arms wrap around my shoulders and I leaned into him, continuing to sob pathetically. I felt his arms rub slow circles on my back as he attempted to comfort me. I couldn't understand why he was still even there after witnessing what he just had, I couldn't even imagine how I must have looked.

"It's gonna be alright, sweetie." He pulled away, holding me at arms length to look at me, brushing a lock of my hair from my face. I turned away as he'd gone to wipe my face with his sleeve, I didn't want him to see me like this, let alone touch me. "Nisa, honey, there's something I need to tell you."
♠ ♠ ♠
I just want to apologize for such the long wait. I hope this chapter wasn't too terrible, or disgusting. I'd like to say thank you to those of you that have actually stayed with me through the long pause. I promise I haven't given up on this story, but I am growing impatient with the wait for season three. Well, thank you for reading!