When Past Comes Present

Is This Even Happening?

After i quickly showered and got dressed we headed out to mcdonalds for breakfast to start
our day off. We order sausgage and biquits with gravy and a cup of coffee. After we finished eating we went to the mall to shop for some clothes and things. When we got to the mall we headed straight to Hot Topic. My favorite store. We walked around looking at the shirts and stuff trying to decide on what to get when my daughter spotted a shirt of one of her favorite metal bands. Avenged Sevenfold. They were farly new. She loved there music and even thought the lead singer was kind of cute. When we was heading to check out she dropped her Avenged Sevenfold shirt. "excuse me little one you dropped your shirt" I turned around to see who was talking to Harmony. She stood there with her eyes wide before running to me and pulling on my arm "Mommy its M. Shadows come look mommy" she said excitedly trying to pull me over to him where he stood holding her shirt. I looked at the guy and stopped walking and stood still.

He walked over to where we was smiling and held Harmony's shirt out to her. "Heres your shirt" he saidsmiling at her and looking back at me "Dont I know you from somewhere" He asked me raising his eyebrow. I stood the starring at him. No way could this be matt i thought to myself. "Uhm I dont know you do look familiar to me" i said honestly to him. "You remind me of someone I went to school with. She lived right next to the drummer of my band. They dated for a while til she moved away." He said as he crossed his arms over his chest. "Oh well what was her name" I asked hoping that he didnt say my name. "Demonica. Jimmy called her Demon but the rest of her called her Monica" he said flatly still looking straight at me. "Mommy! He said your name. You know him?" Harmony asked looking up at me.

I didnt know what to say i stood there shocked starring back at him. Is this really happening? Did I just run into Matt Sanders? Best friend of James. I swallowed hard and looked down at Harmony.
"So it seems sweety" i looked back at him "Matt right?" I said smiling nervously. A blonde haired girl
walked over to him and wrapped her arm around him. "who you talking to baby" she asked smiling
at me and Harmony. "Val you remember Monica the one me and the guys told you about" he asked her gesturing to me. "Omg your the one that Jimmy dated right" she asked smiling. Ouch. Wish they would stop saying his name. It hurt hearing it. I have avoided that name for the past 6 or 7 yrs. "Yeah that would be me" I replied nicely as i could.

We all stood there talking a few more minutes longer. Matt had invited to a cookout at his place
tomorrow. We all swapped phone numbers so they could help me to there place. Me and Harmony finished up our shopping and headed to the grocery store to get some food for the house. She was so shocked over that I had went to school with Matt. And had dated "The Rev" as she refered to him to. That name didnt seem to bother me as much as his real name did so I didnt mind it much. We went home and cooked Steak and made salad for supper.

After eating we cleaned the house and made it a early night to go to bed. We decided to bunk in the living room and put on the movie Lion King (her favorite movie) til we fell asleep so we could get up early and get ready for what the day brings me. I'm not really looking forward to it but it was happening. Seems like to much all too soon. It had been years since i had seen them all. And now I was back and seems like I had never left. I was dreading seeing them. Specially "The Rev". Sighing I closed my eyes and relaxed and soon fell asleep.