When Past Comes Present

Almost Easy

Me and him ended up sitting on the stairs til the movie was over. Matt turned the lights on to pick out another movie for us all to watch. Johnny got up to go get a beer and he spotted me and Jimmy on the steps talking to eachother. "Aww lovebirds reunited" he said teasingly. I looked at him and stood up and coughed and started walking down the stairs away from Jimmy. I knew my face was bright red. I walked over to the table and grabbed my cigarettes and walked out the front
door and sit down on the steps and lit up a marlboro. I cant believe Johnny said that. Most of all I cant believe i just sit there and talked to Jimmy through that whole movie. When I got so many things to ask him. Reasons to be mad at him. How he done me. I thought he loved me. I sit there quietly smoking my cigarette when i heard the door open and close. Whoever it was sit down next to me and light up a cigar. "Why did you walk away" I heard Jimmy mumble to me. I looked at him and quickly looked away. I could feel a tear running down my cheek. I didnt want him to see. But I think he knew. We both sit there quietly for a moment. He finally broke the silence "You want to hate me dont you?"

I felt the tears start to fall from my eyes harder. I sit there and looked down at my feet trying to gather my words. "I shouldnt be talking to you. I shouldnt even be around you. I shouldnt have agreed to come here." I said quietly but I knew he could hear me. "I want to hate you. I want to yell at you. I want to smack you. But I cant. Its like the most easiest thing for me to talk to you." I said finally looking at him. His blue eyes seemed to be darker then ever. There was tears in his eyes.
Or so it seemed. My eyes may of be playing tricks on me. He opened his mouth to speak but nothing came out he just stared at me. We stayed quiet for a while just starring at eachother. I finally stood up and held my hand out to him. "Lets go for a walk" I said as I offered my hand to him. He smiled and grabbed my hand letting me pull him up. He didnt let go of my hand as we started walking down the street. I let my mind empty. I sighed and licked my lips getting ready to speak "You know I thought that if I ever saw you again I would punch you so hard in your face. And say all those things I wanted to say to you in that moment. But instead I just want to be in your presence and just talk as if nothing ever happened. I didnt think that I would see you at first. But then I remembered that Matt was one of your best friends. Your brother, I should of known you would be here." He stayed quiet for a moment and laughed. "When Matt told me he had a surprise guest I never thought it would be you. I seriously thought I would never see your face again. I know it sounded rude earlier but I didnt mean for it to. I was just in a sour mood because of LeAnna." We walked around a little bit longer til we were at the park. We sit down in the grass under a tree. He leaned against the tree and looked at me. I sit down next to him and hugged my knees to my chest and laid my chin on them and looked at him. He had a 5 o'clock shadow around his face. His eyeliner was smeared from where he had been crying. I moved over closer to him finally feeling like it was time to ask him "Jimmy. That day I found out that I was moving. And you said those things to me. Was it true? Did you really mean it?" he frowned and reached in his pocket and pulled out a cigarette. He lit up and offered me one. I took one and lit up my self. He took a draw and held it in for a few seconds and slowly blowed it out.

He looked at me and sighed "No I didnt. I was young and selfish. I thought it would make you leaving easier. Honestly just made it more miserable." he said quietly not taking his eyes from mine. I sit there quiet not knowing what to say to him. I expected something totally different from him. "I stayed in my room all the time. I missed school most days when I did go i skipped class and chased people around the schoolyard screaming at the top of my lungs. The guys was going nuts with my depression. I dropped out of school. Matt our old bassist left. We started having to look for another one. Then we had Justin. He didnt stay for to long with us. Then finally one day we came across Short shit. Well Johnny as you know him. And now we are a famous metal band. I eventually met LeAnna and thought she was the one. Married her, only to be miserable. I'm going through a divorce. Cant wait til its final. None of the women from the one night stands or her made me feel complete." I sit there listening to him just ramble on telling me how his life had been since I left. He looked at me and smiled. "Now enough about me tell me about things for you." I sit back against the tree and stretched legs out. "There isnt nothing for me to tell." I said honestly. I had done told everyone pretty much. He nodded his head and started tapping his fingers on his knee and humming to himself. I dont know what he was humming but it sounded pretty good.

"What are you humming" I asked him curiously. He smiled and sit up "A song that I just thought of. I was humming it trying to thing of the drum beat to use for it" I looked at him raising an eyebrow. "So are you still as good as you was back then on the drums" I asked smiling
remembering the first time I ever seen him play. "Im way better now" he said his voice more happier now. "Oh well i should watch you play again sometime" I said finishing of my cigarette he had gave me. "Come back to me its almost easy, Come back again its almost easy" Jimmy had sung outloud tapping his knee once again. I just watched him quietly listening to what he was singing.