When Past Comes Present

Phone Call

I sit on Harmony's bed holding her all night as she slept. She had a bad dream about her nana. Jimmy was sitting on her princess couch with his head propped up on his arm sleeping. It was already 7:30 in the morning. I was exhausted from staying up all night with Harmony. I heard my phone ringing in my room. I gently moved Harmony in the bed next to me and woke up James "baby go to my bed and sleep it be more comfortable" "mmm" was all the response I got out of him. I went to my room hoping I could answer the phone before it went to voicemail. I grabbed the phone seeing it was my brother I quickly answered it "Hello everything okay" "No Demon its mom she had a stroke you need to come home to Kentucky quick were on the way to the hospital now" He hung up the phone after that I slowly set my phone down as tears filled my eyes. I turned around to go back to Harmony's room when I seen James standing in the door way with a annoyed look on his face. "Who was that?" he walked over to me and wiped the tears from my face. "My brother. My mom has had a stroke. I got to go back to Kentucky now" I looked up at him as I started to cry harder. "I will go with you then because last time you left to go back to Kentucky you didn't come back for 6 years" I sighed and went to push past him "Your not coming its just going to be me and harmony. My mom needs me. I wont have time for you if your there and I just cant do that to you James" he grabbed my arm as I past him "Is there someone else there that you don't want me to find out about DeMonica" his voice got louder as he said my name. I turned around and looked at him "James let go of me now. No there's no one else and there sure as hell isn't you either. I don't know what's got into you but I'm not going to let you talk to me this way. My mom had a fucking stroke James what if it was your mom would you expect me to stop you from going to her or accuse you of dating someone else if you didn't want me to go?" he clenched his teeth as he pulled me to him "No because you would be going any ways" I rolled my eyes at him and pushed him away "If you want to get bitchy and controlling then go to your fucking wife" with that I walked out of the room and went to go pack up harmony's things before mine. I heard the shower start as I was packing her toys and frowned. I didn't want to fight with him I just wish he understood. After I got her things packed I went to my room and opened the door and ran into his chest. He rolled his eyes and pushed me away from him as he walked out the room. "James were you going" he stopped and looked at me "im going home ill see you when you get back maybe if you ever come back" he continued walking down the stairs after that. I felt rage coarse through my body "you know James if you wasn't a dick maybe I would have a reason to come back sooner. Actions speak louder then words." He opened the door and looked back at me for a second before walking out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I know its short. Ill make up for it soon I promise!