Status: New & Active

Remember Me for Centuries

I Know This Hurts, It Was Meant To

All I really wanted to do was break down and cry, but what was the point? It was my own fault I was dead.

It had only taken my family two days to bury me, I guess the faster they did the quicker they would be able to move past this tragedy .

I stare at my lifeless body. My eyes closed. My hair was braided to the side, just the way my mom used to do when I was a little girl. My skin was white as snow. And I was wearing the dress I wore at my College graduation-it was yellow just like the sun on a summer day. There were white roses all around me, the more I stared into my coffin the more I hated myself.

Why did I have to do that to myself?

Why did I have to put family through this?

I closed my eyes, I didn’t want to be there anymore. If I stayed any longer I was going to lose my mind all over again, and it wasn’t like I could kill myself…again.

When I opened my eyes I was somewhere I had never been before. It looked like an attic that was converted into some kind of bedroom.

“What are you doing here?”

I turned around and saw him. Peter the guy from the hospital. He was sitting at the edge of his bed I smiled at him and continued looking around his room.

“You show up telling me I’m stuck with you and then you’re gone for two days.”

“Aw, did you miss me Peter?” I asked with a playful smile.

“It’s Pete, and I was starting to think I had been hallucinating.”

“What makes you think that you’re not?”

He looked at me and suddenly his face was covered in panic.

“Don’t worry you’re not, I am really here-well not really, but you know what I mean.”

“So why are you hunting me? Why not somebody else?”

“I’m not hunting you. Wait, do I look completely horrifying?” I asked as I ran to his bathroom to look at myself in the mirror.

There was nothing scary about me-well except for my out of control red hair but that had been a daily occurrence.

I walked out and sighed, who knew being a ghost would be so boring. Nothing to do.

“If you’re not hunting me then why are you here?”

“I didn’t want to be at my funeral and I don’t know it was like a force brought me here. See I told you you’re stuck with me.”

“You really died?”

I nodded and walked to his bed.

“Is it okay if I sit?” I asked pointing beside him.

He nodded his head and I sat beside him, glad that I didn’t fall right through.

“Why did you do it?” he asked in a low voice.

“I was tired of always feeling something, it sounds stupid but I felt like I was going to implode. And I just wanted to be numbed for a little bit. Not worry about where I was going in life-” I sighed and looked at him, I gave an encouraging smile, I didn’t want him to feel sorry for me.

“I’m sorry.”

“That’s life” I shrugged, “one minute you’re alive and the next you’re not. Breathing just passes the time until we all just get old and die.”

“And talking’s just a waste of breath.” He said as he stared at his wall

“And living's just a waste of death.”

He turned around and looked at me with a small smile, “I’m going to steal that from you.”

“Go ahead, I have no use for words anyway.”

“I guess this is you and me.” He said taking my hand sending an electric shock through my body. It was like my whole body was wide awake and the feeling passed as his hand left mine.

“Until we've got nothing left.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you so much for reading!