Status: I'll try to update nightly. Comment your thoughts!

Let Love Bleed Red

Chapter 10

I leaned against the counter, watching the guys all talking on the couch. Occasionally I'd see Kellin glance over, holding that same stare he had in the doorway. I did my best to avoid his stare for the most part. Every time he looked over I could feel my cheeks blush. The last thing I wanted was for him to think I was just another girl under his spell. Because I wasn't.

"I can't believe you guys are really here!" Sam exclaimed. Justin giggled, putting his arm around his shoulder.
"Well, we're happy to be here! We love meeting the new bands." He said, looking over "Right, Kell?" He asked. He nodded, giving a small smile. I could see Sam get excited, just to have gotten acknowledged by them. Part of my was bothered Kellin didn't give more effort. He could see how excited Sam was. But, I'm sure he dealt with this kind of thing every day. I wonder if anything really phased him at this point.

I went over and sat down on the couch next to Jeremy, across from Kellin. I saw him squirm in his seat a bit, now crossing one leg over the other. His eyes were now fixated on mine again. I stared back. I felt my heart beat faster the longer he stared. Soon, his mouth curved into a slightly bigger smile.

"What are you staring at?" He mouthed. I could feel my cheeks burn.
"What are YOU staring at?" I mouthed back. He giggled to himself as his hair fell into his face. He left it there. I was somewhat thankful. It gave me a break from the piercing glare of those beautiful eyes.

"Hey.." Kellin said, interrupting the guys conversation. "Why don't we all go out for a drink. To get to know each other." The guys all looked around, all nodding in agreement amongst each other. I guess we were going out.

I got up and grabbed my jacket. While the guys were making their way out of the door, Kellin seemed to trail behind until I was ready to walk out.
"Hey.." He said, gently touching my arm "Why don't you ride with me?" I bit my lip, now seeing Jeremy from behind him. He was giving me wide eyes, drawing out hearts with his hands. I could feel my cheeks burning. I hoped Kellin hadn't seen.
"Shut up." I mouthed. He giggled, walking out. I turned back to Kellin who was now leaning in the doorway. I could feel my heart start to race again.
"Um, sure." I said making my way past him. He followed close behind.

He lead me over to a plain black pickup. Funny. I imagined something a little nicer.
"Alright, so I'll follow you guys. You know the area." He called out. Sam nodded with a smile. I got into the passenger seat without making eye contact again. I looked around. You'd never know he was as successful as he was. He got in, flipping his hair out of his face and started his truck. It was loud for a minute, and settled into a low hum. I giggled.
"What?" He said, smiling over at me. I shook my head.
"Nothing, I'd just think someone like you would have a nicer car than this." He giggled.
"What's that supposed to mean?" I shrugged, smiling down at my feet.
"Is this not nice enough for you?" He asked. I looked back over at him, meeting those eyes once again. I bit my lip.
"I didn't say that."
"Well, it was implied." We were quiet for a bit.
"So, where are we going?" He asked.
"Well, I imagine the bar down the road Jeremy likes." Soon, the guys pulled away. Kellin followed close. It was quiet again, until we hit a stoplight. He broke the silence.

"So, what's your deal?" He asked. I looked over at him confused. He was already staring back. I sighed. He really was beautiful, especially under the glow of the red spotlight.
"What do you mean?" I asked. I could feel my heart beating faster again. Why was I getting so worked up?
"I mean.." He giggled "What's your deal? With me?" I was taken back.
"And what makes you think I have a problem with you?" I asked. He shrugged, looking back at the road. The green light shown into his face.

"Well, you haven't taken your eyes off me since I walked in the door." He said quietly. I saw his lips curl into a small smile.
"That's my deal." I said "That right there. Why do you think everything is about you?"
"I don't think I ever said that.." He trailed off.
"You didn't have to." It was quiet for the rest of the drive until we pulled into the bar. Jeremy's favorite. As I imagined.

He parked the car next to Sam's. But before I could get out, he locked my door. I looked over at him confused.
"Now, let's try and keep the staring to a minimum in there." He said with a smile. "We don't want anyone thinking anything is going on here, do we?"

I rolled my eyes at him, getting out of the truck and following the guys into the bar. I could hear Kellin behind trying to catch up.

When we got in, Jeremy lead us over to our usually table in the back. It was one of those booths that wrapped around the table. I slid in first, and of course, Kellin followed behind. My cheeks burned as his leg brushed against mine. We were all pretty packed in. I looked across the table to Jeremy smiling at me, wide eyed, motioning his head towards Kellin. I glared at him, shaking my head. Thankfully Kellin was already looking through the drink selection. The last thing I needed was him suspecting anything. There wasn't anything to suspect.

"Alright, drinks on me." He said, putting down the menu. I sighed. He turned to me, his face inches away.
"You can have one too.." He said "Don't you worry." He thought he was so smooth, I hated it.

It wasn't long until the first and second round were long gone. I could already tell a difference in Sam. He wasn't much of a drinker to begin with. Jeremy and Jason were holding up fine. As was Justin. Me on the other hand...

Kellin was talking to the guys, telling stories about previous tours they had been on. Justin jumped in here and there. But I was hypnotized. I was already passed my limit at this point. The room had started to spin a bit. I leaned my head against my hand, staring in his direction. Occasionally, he'd look back at me, giving me a small smile.
"How are you holding up?" He'd ask, getting close to my face. I sighed, getting lost in those eyes again. I smiled.
"I'm fine." I sighed. He gave me a sweet smile. I then felt his hand on my leg. I could tell he was starting to go too. I wondered if he was the handsy kind of drunk. I didn't exactly mind. I moved a little closer, trying to catch my balance. He noticed, positioning himself, giving me room to lean my head on his shoulder. He moved his hand up, gently pulling me closer to him. I sighed, getting a quick whiff of his cologne. He even smelt amazing.

"How about one more round?" Jeremy asked. The guys agreed.
"Um.. I'm gonna get her home." Kellin said, gently brushing his hand against mine. Jeremy looked over at me, as if asking if I was okay. I nodded. He smirked.
"Come on.." Kellin whispered, helping me out of the booth. I took his hand as he pulled me up, gently wrapping his arm around my waist to hold me up. I leaned my head against his shoulder, trying to keep my balance the best I could.

"How are you gonna get back?" I asked. I heard him giggle.
"What's so funny?" I moved away, now leaning against his truck facing him. He sighed, kicking at the pavement, shoving his hands in his pockets. I could tell his eyes were bloodshot, even from under the glowing of the street light.
"I kind of just wanted to be alone with you.." He managed. He looked back up at me. My heart was racing.
"And why would you want that.." I asked. He bit down on his lip, shrugging his shoulders.
"As you can tell Kira, I'm not exactly in the position to think out these decisions." I giggled, smiling back at him. He moved closer to me, reaching out, gently touching my hand. Everything in me wanted to pull away and go back inside, but I didn't.

He struggled to keep his balance, but eventually hooked his fingers in mine without saying a word. If the drinks hadn't hit me before, they were sure hitting me now. There were times where there were two of him. I did my best to keep myself up. Why had I let myself drink this much? He noticed.
"Are you alright?" He said sweetly. I sighed, nodding, holding onto his hand tighter. I saw him smile.

"I'm gonna be honest.." He said quietly "I.. I don't do this usually." He started giggling to himself. I just stared back at him. He was so beautiful. My heart was beating faster. He eventually caught his balance, leaning his other hand against his truck next to my head. He stared into my eyes.

"I can see the stars in your eyes.." He said simply. I smiled, looking down. God, he was smooth. Though this was probably the alcohol talking. I gently moved my fingers, gently feeling his hand around mine. What was going on? What was I doing? Soon, I could hear the door to the bar open only to have the guys walk out. I could hear Jeremy first.

"What do we have here?" He asked loudly. I quickly pulled my hand out of his and gently pushed him away. He stumbled, thankfully catching his balance. I grabbed onto his rear view mirror for support.
"I thought you guys were leaving?" Jason said, winking at me. Kellin ran his fingers through his hair, now leaning back against his truck. He didn't say a word, but I could see he was now blushing. I peeked back at him only to see him already staring.

"Come on, Kell." Justin said. "I'll drive you back." He gently lead Kellin into the passenger side of his truck.
"It was nice meeting you all" He said "Can't wait for the tour, this is gonna be a great time." I nodded, making my way over to Sam's car, trying to hold myself up. Jeremy giggled.
"Come on, Kira." He took my hand, and helped me into the backseat. And before I knew it, I was out.