Status: I'll try to update nightly. Comment your thoughts!

Let Love Bleed Red

Chapter 12

I quickly got up and ran into the bathroom. Staring at myself in the mirror I realized there was nothing I could do, I was a mess. I sighed. He was going to be here in a few minutes and I couldn't even manage to make myself look presentable. I shook the thought. Why did I care what I looked like anyway? It was just Kellin. Just Kellin. My heart began to best faster. I could feel my stomach churn. I couldn't tell if it was because of him or the massive hangover. I stuck to the hangover. I jumped at the sound of someone knocking on the door.

"What?" I called out, as I ran my fingers through my hair, doing the best with what I had. This would have to do.
"What's got you all wound up?" I heard. It was Jason. I sighed, opening the door. He stood there with his arms crossed, smiling down at me. I could tell he already knew, he just wanted me to say it.

"I'm.. I'm going to meet Kellin for some coffee." I said quietly.
"Oh well that sounds fun, I'll get the guys and-"
"Well um.. He.. he kinda only asked me." I mumbled. He smirked at me, now leaning against the doorway.
"Oh is someone going on a little date?" He asked. My cheeks burned. I looked away.
"It is not a date, Jason." He giggled.
"Then why can't you look me in the eye?" I sighed.
"Jason he's gonna be here any minute can it just-" I heard a knock at the door. My stomach turned. Jason's eyes lit up as he ran over trying to beat me to it. He succeeded.

"Hey!" I heard. It was Kellin. Jason was bigger than him, he blocked him out. I stood behind Jason hoping to get past. No such luck.
"Why hello there, Kellin. Here for round two with Kira?" I quickly pushed him out if the way.
"Would you stop!" I snapped. I quickly made my way out, shutting the door behind me. I was now leaning back against it, hoping to keep Jason inside. It was tough, but I managed. I swear sometimes he was like a big brother. I looked Kellin up and down. He had on a fitted t-shirt with baggy sweatpants. His hands shoved into his pockets and sleepy look still in his eye. He was adorable. A smile escaped from my lips.

"Hey.." He said sweetly, now rocking back and forth on his feet.
"Hi.." I said. It was quiet for a bit. He was staring me down again, just like when we had first met. I did my best to hold my stare. He smiled.
"So, you ready to go?" He asked, motioning towards his truck. I nodded, making my way over.

I went to grab the door handle, but he beat me to it.
"Um.. I, uh.. Here I got it." He said, opening the door for me. I looked over at him and smiled. He stared back, now biting his lip.
"Thanks.." I said, now getting in. He gently closed it behind me and made his way to the other side.

"So coffee?" I asked. He looked over at me.
"Unless you'd like to do something else.." He kept his eyes on me.
"No, coffee is fine." I said, now looking out the front window.
"Coffee it is then.." He said. He pulled out of the driveway and flew down the road.