Status: I'll try to update nightly. Comment your thoughts!

Let Love Bleed Red

Chapter 13

It was quiet for most of the drive, aside from Kellin humming to bits and pieces of the songs that came on the radio. I enjoyed the sound of his voice. It was soothing. Eventually, he found a diner on the other side of town. I could of easily told him of someplace much closer, but these were his plans. I let him go where he pleased. He parked the car, and got out, coming around to my side opening my door for me again. I couldn't help but smile.

"You don't have to open my door for me, it's okay." I said. He smirked.
"Well, I got you really drunk last night, it's the least I could do."
"Excuse me, that was my decision." He walked closer, opening the door for us, letting me inside first.
"Two please." He said to the hostess without skipping a beat. She grabbed two menus and led us to the back of the diner. Great. Even more alone time. I could feel my heart starting to race again.

"I'll give you two a minute" She said, smiling down at him. He gave her a subtle nod as he grabbed the menu, flipping through the pages, way too fast to be reading anything.
"Are you hungry?" He asked, not taking his eyes away from the menu. I shook my head.
"Coffee is fine.." I said quietly, putting my hands in my lap. I looked around to avoid the conversation I could literally feel coming up.

"So, about last night.." He said. I sighed, looking down at my hands.
"There it is.." I mumbled. He giggled, leaning his arm on the table. He propped his head on his hand and stared me down. His smile was adorable. I did the same, mocking him.
"What about last night?" I asked. He squinted at me a bit, as if I knew exactly what he was talking about. I swear he could have a whole conversation with just his eyes, where I would just get lost in them.

"Well.." He said, now spinning his fork around on the table. "Just the whole time you couldn't take your eyes.. or hands.. off me." He said, winking. I was blushing now.
"I could say the same about you." I said, now trying to take the focus off of me, despite how right he was. I was drawn to him last night. But I'd never admit that. Never to him. He bit down on his lip, staring at his fork as he continued to spin it.

"You know, Kira. We're gonna be on tour for a few months together. If were gonna have this kind of tension I think you should let me know now." He said. I stared at him wide eyed, now laughing to myself.
"I don't feel any tension, aren't you cocky."
"You don't feel anything?" He asked. I shook my head.
"Nope." I said, bringing my attention back to the menu. He sighed and did the same. Soon our waitress came back.
"What can I get for you today?"
"Two coffees. One half and half for me, and the other black. To match her heart." He said without skipping a beat. He handed her back the menus and looked back at me with a satisfied smile. He was happy with himself for that one.

I once again found us just staring at each other, just like how when we first met. I've started to get used to it. It's gotten a little easier to not get completely hypnotized.
"Well then Kira, if we're going to have nights like we had last night throughout this tour, I'd at least like to know a little bit more about the girl I'll be taking back to my bus." I just stared at him.
"You're unreal.." I sighed. He laughed, covering his face.
"It was just a joke.." He said sweetly, now leaning his head against his hand again.
"It sure was, me ever going back with you to your bus is the best joke I've heard all day."
"Oh, don't you worry. It's still early, Kira. I'm sure I can top it." I shook my head.
"I'd rather not find out."
"You're funny.." He sighed, continuing to hold his gaze.

"So what do you want to know about me?" I asked, now trying to change the subject. Our waitress came back placing our coffee's in front of us. I took two sugars and stirred them into my cup.
"Ah, so she can be sweet.." He said. I smirked up at him.
"Clever." He shrugged.
"I have my moments. Hm. Well, whatever you'd like to tell me. Anything I'd need to know to make another night with you a little more comfortable." My cheeks were burning again.
'Well for starters there isn't going to be another night with you. I'm here to play music, not sleep with the headliner." I heard him choke a little on his drink. I looked up to see him wiping his mouth.
"Are you alright?" I asked. He nodded, coughing a few more times. I think I made my point.

"You seem pretty sure of yourself." He finally managed. "Especially for someone who was so comfortable with me last night."
"I don't want you over thinking last night too much, Kellin. I don't want you to get your feelings hurt." He shrugged and was quiet for a minute, but continued to hold his stare.
"I wouldn't mind at all getting my feelings hurt by you."